Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   N.H. Tourism Commercial (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15767)

mcdude 05-13-2013 06:34 PM

N.H. Tourism Commercial

This spot has been in the rotation on the Boston stations. I think of the lake whenever I see it and it makes me smile :D

SWIMMING HOLE

winnitru 05-13-2013 07:17 PM

Thanks for sharing

I watched every one. What an outstanding job they did portraying our favorite place on Earth. The spot titled lakehouse was exactly how it was when my boys were younger.

BroadHopper 05-13-2013 07:23 PM

Sorry

many of the true NH natives are not happy about the play on the state motto 'Live free and ______________' :(

SteveA 05-13-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 203911)
many of the true NH natives are not happy about the play on the state motto 'Live free and ______________' :(

Are the Abernaki people upset? .. :) They are the only true natives ;)

SIKSUKR 05-14-2013 06:39 AM

Don't see the problem with "live free and discover" or "live free and play".I thought the ads were very well done.

fatlazyless 05-14-2013 07:25 AM

NH tourism commercial: "Live Free & Catch the Wind." Welcome to New Hampshire, the wind turbine state; new frontier-big wind, for www.iberdrolarenewables.us ... Route 93-Exit 26, high up in nearby Groton, NH - 24 large white wind turbines all turning majestically in the early morning sun making zero-pollut'n, clean electricity!

New Hampshire, where your electric bill is dirt cheap, and your meter runs backwards on a day with moderate wind!

MAXUM 05-14-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 203929)
NH tourism commercial: "Live Free & Catch the Wind." Welcome to New Hampshire, the wind turbine state; new frontier-big wind, for www.iberdrolarenewables.us ... Route 93-Exit 26, high up in nearby Groton, NH - 24 large white wind turbines all turning majestically in the early morning sun making zero-pollut'n, clean electricity!

New Hampshire, where your electric bill is dirt cheap, and your meter runs backwards on a day with moderate wind!

Enjoy that sight, brought to you by and subsidized by all of us TAXPAYERS. Electricity is not dirt cheap here and every time I see a wind turbine my blood boils that I have to pay for a far more expensive and less efficient solution just cause it "feels" good to be "green".

I read this just the other day and it is so true yet falls on deaf ears, why cause those that are pushing this crap just think as long as they believe something it has to be. Ignorance to say the least...

Natural gas power plants do not require any kind of taxpayer subsidies. Gas is plentiful, and it’s far “greener” than the coal-burning plants that are being phased out every day. Wind has a place in the generation mix, and if consumers are willing to pay through the nose for 100% wind power, then they should be free to do so. But it’s hard to justify wasting more taxpayer dollars propping up a technology that has had more than a decade to establish itself and yet still can’t stand on its own.

Diver Vince 05-15-2013 05:17 AM

Regarding the recent spate of op ed articles I've been reading on wind turbines, (whether at Newfound lake or elsewhere) not surprising. Elections have consequences. I wonder how many of those currently complaining voted for the current administration. :rolleye1:

mcdude 05-15-2013 06:38 AM

thanks FLL....another thread successfully hijacked which has now devolved into politics ....hiss.....boo!

SAMIAM 05-15-2013 07:47 AM

Those ugly windmills will hurt tourism.Who wants to spend their vacation looking at them ?

WakeboardMom 05-15-2013 09:38 AM

Making an effort to get the thread back on track.

: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 203908)
This spot has been in the rotation on the Boston stations. I think of the lake whenever I see it and it makes me smile :D

SWIMMING HOLE

Happy Gourmand 05-15-2013 10:35 AM

I think New Hampshire is a great place to be. I can't think of a place I would rather live, work and play.
Thank you for posting this

Moccasin 05-15-2013 11:59 AM

Boy, I miss the lake! Nice snapshots

I am far away - and wish I were nearer. I am afraid it would take 3 or 4 tank fulls to get back to NH - So these tourism ads were beautiful to see :0 Thanks McDude for posting the link.