Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Kenzie (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21271)

MAXUM 09-16-2016 02:29 PM

Kenzie

2 Attachment(s)
This post is several months overdue I suppose but the circumstances at the time were pretty tough. We lost our 8 year old pup Dakota Irish/Golden pure bred mix to a sudden stroke. The good thing is she went very quickly and peacefully, but ya know that doesn't make it any easier. She was a good girl, absolutely beautiful, to smart for her own good sometimes, loved the boat and the island but hated the water. No matter a tough loss.

As luck would have it, the following day we heard rumor of a litter of puppies that were available and it didn't take but a minute for the decision to be made to have a look. That night we had a new member of the family. So may I introduce Kenzie another interesting pure bred mix of black lab (English variety) and Beauceron a rare and unusual breed here in the states. This one LOVES the water.

tis 09-16-2016 02:39 PM

A golden that doesn't like the water?? She was beautiful. Glad you have a new puppy to make you feel better.

radioman 09-16-2016 03:00 PM

Kenzie

Max, So sorry to learn of your loss but you did the right thing and the pup looks fantastic!! Training Kenzie will keep you busy and out of trouble. Best wishes

Merrymeeting 09-16-2016 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We're convinced that the "Golden/Irish breed" is the best, even if it isn't an official AKC one. No one loves boating on Merrymeeting more than this one (except maybe me), and she loves the water. Can't imagine how devastated I would be if we lost her.

Merrymeeting 09-16-2016 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Though we did lose her "drinking buddy" a few summers ago.

Maxum, good luck with the new pup!

tis 09-16-2016 05:25 PM

She's just beautiful, Merrymeeting!!

MAXUM 09-16-2016 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 269619)
We're convinced that the "Golden/Irish breed" is the best, even if it isn't an official AKC one. No one loves boating on Merrymeeting more than this one (except maybe me), and she loves the water. Can't imagine how devastated I would be if we lost her.

Cherish your time - and let me know if you know anyone local that crosses them locally because we want another.

Descant 09-17-2016 12:12 AM

Those are great dogs.
Island dogs are unique: they rarely go far from home but are never restricted by fences or other means. Ours (which means all dogs within 2-3 camps) don't go deep into the woods, except for "personal"reasons. When it is time for a ride or a swim, they are always ready to go, and if their job is to stay home and guard the camp, they do it without specific training.
It always amazes me that guest dogs learn these traits almost instantly when they come to visit. I wish I could train my guests as easily and quickly as Daisy trains her guests.
Oh. Except for Lucas, a frequent visitor(Weimeraner), who took a couple of runs down the dock before he realized that when the dock ends, you end up in the lake if you don't stop running after the boat. Three dogs running down the dock, two stop, and Lucas falls in. Wish I had a video.

gillygirl 09-17-2016 09:57 AM

Maxum, your dogs are beautiful. Sorry for your loss, and congratulations on the new pup.

We had a purebred Golden who liked the water until the earth went out from underneath his paws. Three weeks after we lost him, I couldn't take the loneliness anymore, and we adopted another dog.

MAXUM 12-27-2016 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So it seems that Santa delivered another addition to the family! Kenzie now has a pal, may I introduce Brandy, she is half golden half red lab.

Greene's Basin Girl 12-30-2016 01:44 AM

What a beautiful puppy! Congratulations.

ishoot308 12-30-2016 06:39 AM

Beautiful!

Wow she's a beauty!

I wish you many happy years with her Maxum!

Dan

BaileyBecca 12-30-2016 07:17 AM

Wonderful !!!🐾