Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dogs on Winnipesaukee (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6702)

Bear Island South 04-09-2010 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Otis, he came to visit us last summer, not much of a water dog but he liked relaxing and lounging in the empty seats. :coolsm:

Island Life 04-11-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottKnowles (Post 124134)
Couldn't resist adding a picture of our boy Steeler!

Scott, Steeler is gorgeous. I'd love to see what he looks like when he finishes growing.

ishoot308 04-12-2010 03:08 PM

Emmazilla

1 Attachment(s)
This here is "Emma". She is a 9 year old, 100 lb, female yellow lab. Because of her size we nicknamed her "Emmazilla"!

She considers herself the Queen of Welch Island! :)

Dan

codeman671 04-13-2010 08:32 AM

The Princess of Mark Island

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of Princess, our 10 year old bulldog. We have 3 other dogs that I will post separately. Bringing 4 dogs along makes trips to the island a nightmare sometimes, but they love it. We have another english bulldog, a chesapeake bay retriever and an oversized japanese chin.

Rattlesnake Guy 04-13-2010 07:10 PM

"You're right, my nose is cold."

Pepper 04-13-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy (Post 124479)
"You're right, my nose is cold."

AWESOME caption!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::D

dog paw 04-29-2010 07:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is Norrie @ Buzzel's cove. A water dog she is not but is a good sport and is always up for some R+R. In this pic she pretty much told the wife to swim her own fool self back in.

Dhuberty24 06-02-2010 08:56 PM

I know that place, My grandfather used to live more towards wymans boat house

jkjoshuatree 06-05-2010 07:38 AM

My Goldens Got Shaved...

...and they look so weird. I can't get used to it. It looks like someone cut and pasted their little heads onto these foreign bodies.

Rattlesnake Gal 06-08-2010 03:42 PM

What a Great Thread!

You may be wondering what took me so long to post in this fantastic thread. I had such trouble picking a picture!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo..._027-B.jpg?533

Mac, our little Cairn Terrier is such fun! He loves to go for rides on the jet-ski. Our son, Jeff is the operator.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...3-09_145-2.jpg

He also loves to go tubing!

You may have already seen the following pictures.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...e_05_043_2.jpg

He loved the kneeboard!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...e_05_130_2.jpg

Mac is a wonderful spotter too! :laugh:

jack1706 06-08-2010 04:45 PM

Thanks Gal

Thanks for sharing... those are just too cute !!

I enjoy looking at every one of them ( a couple of times, actually)

SIKSUKR 06-16-2010 09:20 AM

Mack is a good spotter but that second photo raises a question. Does one need a spotter if the rider is a dog?:laugh:

Rattlesnake Guy 06-16-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 130388)
Mack is a good spotter but that second photo raises a question. Does one need a spotter if the rider is a dog?:laugh:

Are you kidding? Mac ranks much higher than us mere mortals..:laugh:

Pineedles 08-24-2011 08:21 PM

More Pictures, please

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS to Winnipesaukee.com, PLEASE post some pictures of your dogs! Oh yeah, as SteveA says, cats are welcome too. Just do it with the lake as a backdrop. Are there anymore adventureous dogs like Mac out there that can water ski, or fish, drive a boat, relax in a raft, build sand castles, etc.? :D

jkjoshuatree 08-24-2011 09:14 PM

How's This As The Lake For A Backdrop?

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this works...I have no idea what I'm doing.

Greene's Basin Girl 08-25-2011 01:21 AM

Great picture. Who likes the water more- you or the dogs ? Who is better at doing the dog paddle?

Pineedles 08-25-2011 07:25 AM

That is fantastic!:D

Angelia818 08-25-2011 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The first pic is of our dog, Sully, swimming near Timber Island. The second pic is of Sully and his cousin, Kate relaxing on a tube while his other cousin, Henry (recently lost & found dog) swims right next to them. You can see him on the bottom right.
We're all looking forward to going back up to the lake over Labor Day weekend!

jkjoshuatree 08-25-2011 12:33 PM

Gbb...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl (Post 166810)
Great picture. Who likes the water more- you or the dogs ? Who is better at doing the dog paddle?

I think it's even. We all love the water. But it's safe to say they may have the dog paddle down a little bit better than me.

My step daughter was actually walking the dogs on this day (I ran in town). When I got back I snuck into the water with the raft to have some alone time.

No such luck...as soon as I paddled out I heard 2 splashes and then they were right there next to me.

I love them more than anything but I can NEVER do anything alone (including going to the bathroom AND taking a shower). The one on the right (Elle) jumps right in with me.

Bear Island South 09-07-2011 03:55 PM

Cooper

1 Attachment(s)
Today we mourn the loss of our beloved Cooper, she lost her battle with kidney disease. Rest in Peace Cooper you will me missed.

We are not positive, but it is coincidental that the kidney's disease came about shortly after the cyno-bacteria was found in the lake. Organ failure in dogs was listed as potential threat.

For all of us dog lovers, I found this quote.

While there are many different roads that we take in life, it is those who walk with us that make the journey worth while.

tis 09-07-2011 05:45 PM

So, so, so sorry. Thinking of you.

Pineedles 09-07-2011 05:51 PM

So very sorry for your loss of Cooper. He obviously liked tennis and boating. A very beautiful member of your family.:(

Nagigator 09-07-2011 06:11 PM

my condolences...........

While there are many different roads that we take in life, it is those who walk with us that make the journey worth while.[/QUOTE]

I am sad for your loss........what a beautiful quote though, it rings so true.

jkjoshuatree 09-07-2011 06:49 PM

I'm So Sorry

I absolutely love your quote.

Give dogs your heart and they'll give you their everything. The most loyal creatures on the planet.

Thanks for sharing the picture of Cooper.

Rattlesnake Gal 09-09-2011 06:26 PM

Loss of a Beloved Winnipesaukee Dog

Bear Island South, my heart goes out to you and your family with the loss of your beloved Cooper. She was one very beautiful pooch. I hope Guster will help ease your pain. RIP Cooper.

Argie's Wife 09-09-2011 09:12 PM

For Bear Island South and Cooper...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I'm very sorry for your loss... I can tell she was loved from your posts, and from the picture you shared of her.

Bear Island South 09-10-2011 07:11 AM

Thank You

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to all for the well wishes, she was very special to us.

This is our first weekend back without her, there is a huge void not having her around. Just seeing her tennis ball on the porch was emotional for us.

Our other dog Gus misses her, you can get the sense that he is looking around for her, they have been together for 8 1/2 years, I think it is confusing to him.

The rainbow bridge poem is very similiar to the book "Dog Heaven", we just purchased the book for our 6 year old, it has great illustrations and it helped us explain to him that Cooper is in a happy place.

One more picture to share, one of our favorites.

Greene's Basin Girl 09-10-2011 11:48 AM

What a beautiful dog and a beautiful picture.

Bear Island South 09-24-2011 09:52 PM

New Winni Dog

3 Attachment(s)
After much consideration we decided we needed to have have two dogs in our household, it just didn't feel right with one.
This is Riley, the newest member to our clan, she is a 10 week old female black lab.
Gus wasn't sure of her at first, but has now taken her under his wing and is teaching her how to be a water dog...she went for her first swim today.

tis 09-25-2011 07:35 AM

Awww, how cute!!! I never tire of watching dogs swim.

eillac@dow 09-25-2011 05:40 PM

She is adorable. I am happy for you all....including Gus! He must be thrilled. Enjoy your new baby!

Nagigator 09-25-2011 06:40 PM

I'm so glad...............

Gus now has a new friend, the best way to heal a broken heart is to love again................

Argie's Wife 09-25-2011 08:22 PM

Cute overload! Congrats on the newest member of your family!

Greene's Basin Girl 09-26-2011 12:00 AM

Riley is about the cutest lab pup I ever seen. She will be a joy to raise on the lake. Best of luck!

Rattlesnake Gal 09-26-2011 08:02 AM

Makes Your Heart Melt!

Riley is absolutely gorgeous! In the last picture it looks like she is trying to imitate Gus' greying beard. :laugh: Nothing helps heal the heart like a new pup. Enjoy the fun, I am so very happy for you and your family. Guster sure is going to have fun being a big brother and teacher!

jkjoshuatree 09-26-2011 11:35 AM

Freakin' Adorable!!!

Thanks for the pic!!

And I agree. Two pups are better than one.

I want 8 goldens but my wife says we'll never be invited anywhere...probably true but that's something I could live with.

Good luck with Riley!!:D

Bear Island South 10-02-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 169343)
Nothing helps heal the heart like a new pup. Enjoy the fun, I am so very happy for you and your family. Guster sure is going to have fun being a big brother and teacher!

You are so right, it has been a joy to have her around. Gus has already taught her the art of begging.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, its nice to have a place were you can find support.

here is a nice video that was sent to us...you may need a tissue

"Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRYTbLuZbzA

tis 10-02-2011 07:04 PM

It is very true.

Funny story. My SIL went into a store today with her little dog in her arms and the lady told her if the manager was there she wouldn't be able to bring the dog in. My SIL told her she wasn't a dog, she was a princess. I am still laughing about her quick answer. I am going to use it next time!

Bear247 10-02-2011 08:31 PM

Can't wait to meet her next weekend...

donnamatrix 10-11-2011 11:32 AM

New Labradoodle puppy

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if I am savvy enough to post an image, but our 2-Siamese cat household acquired a 3 month old Labradoodle over the weekend. Good grief. I am basically a cat person, but my husband wanted a "buddy" ... so here we go. Our new family member (Cosmo) is very laid back, affectionate guy. We're working on the housetraining - and he is terribly smart. The cats seem to be doing okay.