Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Potential Huge Storm Feb 9-10, 2011 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11525)

Resident 2B 02-03-2011 10:14 PM

Potential Huge Storm Feb 9-10, 2011

I realize this is a week away, but models are showing a very deep low, 950mb or so, near the northeast coast mid to late next week. I am not saying this will happen or hit us, but if it materializes and gets as bad as the models are showing, it will be interesting and fairly close.

Something to be aware of for now.

R2B

Lakegeezer 02-04-2011 04:25 AM

The models are amusing to NWS

The weather team in Gray Maine had an interesting way of putting it in their discussion last night:

18Z GFS SHOWS AN INTENSIFYING LOW CROSSING THROUGH THE GULF OF
MAINE (42 MB DEEPENING IN 12 HRS!). IT CRASHES DOWN TO 931 MB IN
THE CANADIAN MARITIMES. DOUBT THAT WILL VERIFY...SINCE WE ARE SO
FAR OUT IN TIME...BUT IT`S JUST AMUSING TO LOOK AT IN ANY CASE.
NEVER SEEN THAT KINDA OF DEEPING FROM A NUMERICAL MODEL IN THE
NORTHEAST OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS.

That language is dropped this morning, but its interesting to seem them be amused by the models.

Winnisquamguy 02-04-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 149616)
The weather team in Gray Maine had an interesting way of putting it in their discussion last night:

18Z GFS SHOWS AN INTENSIFYING LOW CROSSING THROUGH THE GULF OF
MAINE (42 MB DEEPENING IN 12 HRS!). IT CRASHES DOWN TO 931 MB IN
THE CANADIAN MARITIMES. DOUBT THAT WILL VERIFY...SINCE WE ARE SO
FAR OUT IN TIME...BUT IT`S JUST AMUSING TO LOOK AT IN ANY CASE.
NEVER SEEN THAT KINDA OF DEEPING FROM A NUMERICAL MODEL IN THE
NORTHEAST OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS.

That language is dropped this morning, but its interesting to seem them be amused by the models.

I think they may be discussing this because of all the snow we have received this year so far. I think if this was a normal year they would not even be talking about this.JMHO!!

NHgirl 02-05-2011 01:28 AM

Snow

I don't think it'll snow much. Maybe just snow showers. :D

VtSteve 02-05-2011 08:36 AM

We were planning a trip down south early this morning. The NWS had issued a Severe alert, which was different than everyone else's forecast. Heavy snow, ending Sunday morning early. As it happens, a little freezing rain, this morning, some snow, no biggie. We were expecting pretty good weather way out here, now We have the warning another 5-8 inches? Looking at the radar, there is a huge swath of bad weather in the upper Midwest, heading East.

Nothing like having all these forecasts and not being able to predict what tomorrow morning is going to be like.

Soapmistress 02-05-2011 11:11 AM

Well for me.....I'm excited, I just love a good snow storm. As long as the power stays on ;) Homemade bread, and cookies coming up :D

Soapmistress

robmac 02-05-2011 05:10 PM

And just where can we pick them up