Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fish Tales (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Any Luck? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13817)

pawnshop 04-03-2012 06:17 PM

Any Luck?

Is anybody having any luck this year? If so, do tell! Where, what type of bait etc. I brought my daughter fishing and we were literally dropping our bait on top of the fish! They seemed sluggish and uninterested. Lots of anglers out these past few days and seemingly no bites. Is it too cold for the salmon? I know sometimes when it's very cold they can be sort of dormant...

Jonas Pilot 04-03-2012 06:27 PM

Check out the threads from before your post. There's lots of great posts and info.

hockeymatt06 04-03-2012 08:27 PM

no its not only you... i've been out the past 3 days and not even a hit to show for it

mhtranger 04-03-2012 08:41 PM

I just got back from fishing in Moultonborough and had a great couple of hours. Just a note I was not fishing for salmon. I fish for bass, caught 3 good size ones off the rocks along shore on a live target craw crank bait. Water temp was a balmy 45deg.and it was so windy. Good thing about the wind and cold I had the whole northern part of the lake to myself......:D
David

winniboy 04-04-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhtranger (Post 179228)
I just got back from fishing in Moultonborough and had a great couple of hours. Just a note I was not fishing for salmon. I fish for bass, caught 3 good size ones off the rocks along shore on a live target craw crank bait. Water temp was a balmy 45deg.and it was so windy. Good thing about the wind and cold I had the whole northern part of the lake to myself......:D
David

a few of us were out caught 7 in about 2 hrs, cant tell you where, (secret spots) but will tell you the nothern side of the lake. ( 1 of the top 3 bays)
goodluck guys

icg56 04-07-2012 09:30 AM

Nice fishing

Some nice salmon fishing in the Beckey's Garden area last two days. Little windy but save on gas with wind power trolling speed.:)

winniboy 04-09-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icg56 (Post 179494)
Some nice salmon fishing in the Beckey's Garden area last two days. Little windy but save on gas with wind power trolling speed.:)

i second this entire quote... just saying :emb:

Jonas Pilot 04-10-2012 06:43 PM

We had a decent afternoon on the lake today. We caught 8 fish, all salmon and brought 4 to the net. Two more were released in the water and the other 2 were professional long distance releases. Average size was about 16" and two were 20 and 22 inches. Four females and 2 males. Nice "salmon chop", winds from the WSW and mostly cloudy skies.

ishoot308 04-10-2012 07:29 PM

Good One!

"professional long distance releases" :laugh: Yeah, I've had a few of them!!

Sounds like you had a fun day J.P.!! Wish I didn't have to work!

Dan

Jonas Pilot 04-10-2012 07:34 PM

Work gets in the way of fishing doesn't it?