Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wolfboro Diner (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12662)

Dave 07-25-2011 11:50 AM

Wolfboro Diner

Can anyone comment on breakfast at the WD?

We go to VK in Moultonboro all the time --- looking to tr something different.

VitaBene 07-25-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 164180)
Can anyone comment on breakfast at the WD?

We go to VK in Moultonboro all the time --- looking to tr something different.

I have only had lunch- but it was good. Great service and a clean place!

jkjoshuatree 07-25-2011 12:22 PM

I Had Breakfast There...

...it was your typical diner; hot, good food served fast for cheap money.

Certainly not gourmet (what diner is?) but on par with any other diner I've eaten in.

Clean too, and that goes a long way in my humble opinion.

NoBozo 07-25-2011 03:41 PM

We've been going there for years for breakfast when we are in town. They are always consistantly good...not fancy. Never a poor experience. I think they serve dinner now as well. NB

winnisummergal 07-25-2011 05:15 PM

Love it!

We love the diner for breakfast. Typical diner food, when on vacation we usually eat there 5 times or so over two weeks.

Gavia immer 07-25-2011 05:38 PM

Nobody goes there, it's too crowded.

:laugh:

tis 07-25-2011 05:43 PM

Are you sure you don't want to keep it for yourself????:laugh::laugh: There is usually a line on weekends.

NoBozo 07-25-2011 07:11 PM

OK: The alternative in Wolfeboro is the Front Porch..south maybe two miles on the left. Food is always good BUT..Service is a little spotty. Been going there for years as well. NB

Wolfeboro_Baja 07-25-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBozo (Post 164217)
We've been going there for years for breakfast when we are in town. They are always consistantly good...not fancy. Never a poor experience. I think they serve dinner now as well. NB

My wife and I walked by there around 4pm this afternoon and the hours posted in their window says they close at 2:30pm seven days a week. They were serving dinner last year (I forget which days of the week) and maybe the year before; I guess that experiment was not a success. :(

To answer the OP's question, we join the rest of you and recommend the Diner also!! It's good diner food; hot, fresh and reasonably priced! Lunches are great too! :)

Bluebell 07-25-2011 07:51 PM

We also enjoy going to the Wolfeboro Diner for breakfast but we stay away during summer weekends....just too long a wait.

patman 07-25-2011 09:23 PM

We've been going to the Wolfeborough Diner for years. Great place, simple, fast, good prices, friendly staff and owners. They have been closed the past few winters, so now we have to wait all winter until May to get our fix. Don't pass just because it is crowded, the service is very quick, so unless you're hitting a peak right on the nose, you'll get food right quick.

Lakepilot 07-26-2011 06:52 AM

I agree with all the comments on the Wolfeborough Diner. It's good food and on weekends in the summer the lines are very long.

We have been going to the Front Porch for years and it's great. So far this year the service has been excellent. Their affiliated restaurant at the Kingswood Golf Club is also really good. Love their Chili Taco Salad.

diz 07-26-2011 08:16 AM

Diner Dots

You definitely have to get there early to beat the lines and to get some of their home made Diner Dots!

Rattlesnake Gal 07-27-2011 07:54 AM

Wd

We went to the Wolfeboro Diner for breakfast on Monday. I agree with diz that the Diner Dots were delicious and my hash brown potato patty was great.
I really didn't care for my country fried steak with brown gravy though. (Sunshine and Pa's is the place to go for that dish. :liplick: )
Next time I will get traditional bacon and eggs, which they do very well.

mcdude 07-27-2011 11:21 AM

Lydia's Cafe

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 164238)
Are you sure you don't want to keep it for yourself????:laugh::laugh: There is usually a line on weekends.

If you get tired of waiting in line try Lydia's Cafe which is just a few doors down.

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded." attributed to Yogi Berra who was also known for his malaproprisms....always cracks me up!

riverat 07-27-2011 09:13 PM

Love the Wolfeboro Diner buit cannot get thru the Men's room door. lol:laugh:

CrawfordCentury 07-29-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverat (Post 164481)
Love the Wolfeboro Diner buit cannot get thru the Men's room door. lol:laugh:

Ha! the building definitely has character. A brief glance at the crown mouldings shows how much the building has settled over the years.

Perhaps they can make that part of their competitive advantage: The wborough diner...straight service in a crooked building. :)

snowflake 07-30-2011 08:09 AM

Wolfeboro Diner

WD is my favorite place to have breakfast/lunch. It's always Clean and the service is very friendly friendly, and prompt. I did enjoy the dinners and it's too bad it didn't get enough people to keep it going. Look forward to enjoying it during my August vacation. Allen A is a great place to stay too, clean and reasonable!