Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   JoJo's Country Store, Moultonborough (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5884)

NHKathy 04-14-2008 03:10 PM

JoJo's Country Store, Moultonborough

Does anyone know if JoJo's has opened yet for 2008? Or opened the deli?

KPW 04-14-2008 03:15 PM

Jo Jo's opening 4/18

They are opening Friday.

NHKathy 04-14-2008 04:19 PM

Woo Hoo!

Thanks KPW,
Can't wait - I just LOVE their Cranberry Chicken Salad!
:liplick: :liplick:

quagmire 04-14-2008 07:06 PM

Best coleslaw

I can't wait for coleslaw. Best I ever had.:rolleye2:

Lakegeezer 04-15-2008 06:33 AM

Best store on M'boro neck

Here is a true sign of spring. Its a sad day in the fall when they close for the winter. The steak tips are among the best and the subs are amazing.

jniff101 04-15-2008 07:41 AM

I have to agree. I bet there isn't anyone out there that doesn't like Jo Jo's! The subs are the best around, with it's crispy french bread, mmmm. I can't wait till Friday! If you havn't tried their Italian sub special your missing out, It's amazing! And their Spinesto salad is one of the best! It's great cause I live on the neck road so It's not far for me at all. It is definately a weekly visit for me.

TomC 04-15-2008 09:57 AM

best store on the neck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 67673)
Here is a true sign of spring. Its a sad day in the fall when they close for the winter. The steak tips are among the best and the subs are amazing.

isn't it pretty much the ONLY store on the neck?!

dpg 04-15-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomC (Post 67692)
isn't it pretty much the ONLY store on the neck?!

Yes it is... Great Chocolate Chip muffins too.:liplick:

Waterbaby 04-15-2008 07:19 PM

Cranberry Chicken Salad -- YUMMMMMM!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHKathy (Post 67641)
Thanks KPW,
Can't wait - I just LOVE their Cranberry Chicken Salad!
:liplick: :liplick:

Do they make it there at the store, do you know? Or do they get it from Boston Salad, as do a lot of other places?

NHKathy 04-15-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterbaby (Post 67755)
Do they make it there at the store, do you know? Or do they get it from Boston Salad, as do a lot of other places?

oooh, I don't know; I had assumed they make it there - I have not been able to find a comparable recipe anywhere from NH to RI -Heath's Supermarket in Centre Harbor makes a good one that's close, but still not the same - JoJo's is the best!

Dave M 04-16-2008 01:15 PM

Yes it is the only store on the neck and the prices reflect that. Thats also due to the more affluent persons living on the Neck and Long Island. Of course what you pay in gas now to make the trip out to Rt25 and back, its probably a wash. I also love the Cranberry Chicken Salad.

Dave M

WINNOCTURN 04-16-2008 03:05 PM

Coleslaw & Potato Salad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterbaby (Post 67755)

I know that they make "THEIR" Home Made Coleslaw and Potato Salad there.:liplick:

Some of the other salads my from Boston Salad.

Their all white meat Chicken Salad is Home Made.:liplick:

WINNOCTURN

DREAMS 05-04-2008 05:27 PM

Their prices are very reasonable for the quality

Just to respond to the accusation of high prices for Jo Jo's, I feel that is not a true or fair statement. Their quality of meats are a butcher quality and are not cheap but fairly priced. You can not find comparable quality at Heath's which is highway robbery for prices 12 months a year as well as Jackson Star which is poor quality and a total ripoff 12 months a year. Your next stop is Shaw's in Gilford which is ok quality for comparable prices as Jo Jo's. I am only a patron but also watch prices and quality when shopping in the Lakes Region for year round living.

By the way, not all residents or owners on Moultonboro Neck road are rich people or part of the elite as accused. There are a lot of local everyday folks to struggle to work full time, keep a roof over their head and food on their table and sometimes support a family of children!

SAMIAM 05-05-2008 08:07 PM

I take issue with you about E.M.Heath meats.....they are known for good quality and their prices are way below Star Market.I have bought from them for years and never been dissapointed.I agree that Star is overpriced......baby back ribs $5.99.......at Sam's Club $2.99.......Star is usually double the discount stores.They should get it together before the Hanniford opens in Meredith

phoenix 05-05-2008 08:49 PM

still would be great to get a market basket closer than tilton

twoplustwo 05-06-2008 04:37 AM

ditto Sam

Heath's prices are not bad, certainly beat Jackson's, and we get some great meat there. It's nice to shop at a place where the employees know your name, and it's a rare store who's manager is helping retrieve carts in the parking lot on a 10 degree day with 18 inches of snow. There's some fine people working there.:)

You can knock Jackson's all you like, I have to be desperate to walk through their doors.

Redwing 05-06-2008 12:07 PM

EM Heath

I never cease to marvel at how Heath's is able to offer such great meats at decent prices... far better than what one would find in our local super market in New Haven, and actually more comparable to what one would find in a meat market in this area. As for their prices, they are consistently lower than our prices in New Haven, about two dollars lower (per pound) for Boar's Head Turkey breast, among other food and non food items. Not to mention, Heaths also carries Mateus wine (now I am dating myself)!!

Pepper 05-06-2008 12:35 PM

That memorable jingle ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwing (Post 69722)
{snip} ... Heaths also carries Mateus wine (now I am dating myself)!!

remember " ... hey, hey, hey. Mateus Rose!"

Now I'm dating myself, too! ;)

Resident 2B 05-06-2008 01:08 PM

Add me to the Mateus List!

That stuff was great when I was a younger adult in the early 70's

Great bottle shape as well.

I made matching night stand lights from the empty bottles.

"Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine, when you going to let me get sober?" :liplick: :coolsm:

Those were the days!

R2B

gtxrider 05-06-2008 01:54 PM

dating ones self?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 69726)
remember " ... hey, hey, hey. Mateus Rose!"

Now I'm dating myself, too! ;)

Ah but Boones Farm? Old no just well aged!

quagmire 05-06-2008 06:02 PM

Then there was Reunite on ice. That's nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtxrider (Post 69737)
Ah but Boones Farm? Old no just well aged!

I can't believe I drank both Boone's Farm and Reunite back in the 70's. What was I thinking?

hazelnut 05-06-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quagmire (Post 69759)
I can't believe I drank both Boone's Farm and Reunite back in the 70's. What was I thinking?

I know what you were thinking....Giggity Giggity Giggity.:laugh:

Redwing 05-07-2008 12:16 PM

More 1970s vintage wines

Let us not forget Lancers ....sparkling in both the rose and the white varieties (can't figure out how to put the accent over the "e" in rose) ! Chuck's Steak House restaurants used the empty Lancers bottles (which they painted black) for their menus back in the 70's, inscripting the menus in "white" Sorry for shifting this "post" from a Jo Jos discussion to a discussion of "vintage" wines!! Or shouldn't I be "w(h)ining"??? ;)

There was another wonderful, Portuguese rose wine, that no longer exists: Avianca, which came in a large, bottle encased in wicker... I still have some of those (empty, of course) at our cottage. Quite decorative!

twoplustwo 05-07-2008 04:48 PM

you guys are killing me!

I'll see your Boone's Farm and raise you a TJ Swan Easy Nights:emb:

Anyone admitting to Mad Dog 20/20 gets the prize:D

phoenix 05-07-2008 09:39 PM

what about Ripple

riverat 05-08-2008 07:17 AM

I'll admit to Mad Dog, kept me plenty warm ice fishing out on the lake not to mention eniberated. Ahh the memories....