Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wolfeboro Diner (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13979)

snowflake 05-05-2012 11:12 AM

Wolfeboro Diner

Is the Diner open yet? Still breakfast and lunch? It's a great place. Great wait staff, food and reasonable prices. Go there all the time when I go up to the Lake.

patman 05-05-2012 11:45 AM

The diner opened a couple of weeks ago. I'm not positive if they're on summer hours yet, but we had lunch there during the week. It was nice to see them back...

boaterjanie 05-08-2012 01:20 PM

the diner now does dinner on select nights. you may want to call them and find out the specifics.

Dogberry01 08-06-2012 07:23 AM

Where is it located?

patman 08-06-2012 08:22 AM

It's a couple of doors north of the bridge on main street in Wolfeboro. If you're looking it up, try "Wolfeborough Diner" instead of the usual spelling.

winnisummergal 08-06-2012 11:26 AM

great again

We visited the diner a few times last week and had wonderful service and food. When we told Loree we would see her next year she informed us they were selling the diner and taking over the restaurant at Sandy Point. I hope the new owners of the diner keep up the great food and service.

snowflake 10-21-2012 01:55 PM

Wolfeborough Diner

Just returned from a fantastic few days in Wolfeboro! Had lunch at the Diner twice. Heard it is changing hands. I have really enjoyed eating there over the years. The food is delicious, cooked by the chef owner. His wife is a great hostess. Thanks for the wonderful meals. They are taking over Sandy Point Restaurant in Alton. Best of luck to them and new owners of the Diner. Keep up the great family diner tradition.

patman 10-21-2012 08:57 PM

We had breakfast at the diner this morning and had the usual good experience. The owner confirmed that they had purchased the other restaurant, which will open again in May. The diner was sold to one of the waitstaff and her father, who will run it from now on after some turnover training.

Best of luck to both places...we'll be trying them out!

EDIT: I misunderstood the owner...it was *her* last day, but apparently not the last day for the season. I drove by yesterday and they were open at lunchtime.

patman 10-31-2012 03:39 PM

We had lunch at the diner today, and the new owner said to spread the word...they WILL be open all winter. Good news for us locals!

CateP 11-02-2012 09:13 AM

YAY! I love going to the diner on weekends for breakfast!

RLW 11-13-2012 10:41 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif boaterjanie, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Thanks for your inputs they all help someone that may be looking for your type of input.:)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

sir james 01-15-2013 06:23 PM

new owners at the diner

My family and I went to the diner for our breakfast and I have to say....what a great look to the place. I learned that new owners had taken over. Same great food and prices with good service. Place looked great, much cleaner, nice new paint job.. I like the new décor. :D

NoBozo 01-15-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir james (Post 197115)
My family and I went to the diner for our breakfast and I have to say....what a great look to the place. I learned that new owners had taken over. Same great food and prices with good service. Place looked great, much cleaner, nice new paint job.. I like the new décor. :D

Here we GO......:look: :look: NB

Later Edit: http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15307

Mirror Lake's BB 01-15-2013 07:38 PM

NB- you took the words out of my mouth.

Wolfeborough Diner 01-16-2013 11:54 AM

Thanks for all your business!!

Hello Everyone, :)

I am the new owner of the Wolfeborough Diner. I have worked for the diner for years and excited to take over along with my father. Much of the same familiar waitstaff will be back in the summer and we look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces!!

I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful comments on this forum. To answer a few questions and make a few comments.....

YES, the diner is now open year round 6 days a week. We are closed on Tuesdays.

The previous owners ARE taking over Sandy Point in May we wish them well!!

We do have a new look inside... My husband owns Consider it Done Painting and did some renovations for us. I know we will all miss the Red Sox photos it is my understanding they will be hung at Sandy Point so they will be getting some new attention down there.

We do have the same great menu....running different daily specials to put our own twist on things.

We hope to see all of you and thank you for your continued repeat business!!!!

Wolfeborough Diner :D

Wolfeborough Diner 01-16-2013 11:57 AM

Not open for dinner

I forgot to respond to the diner being open on select nights....We were open for New Years Eve, but will not be for regular dinner hours on other nights. Same 7am-2pm routine!
Thanks!!!

SIKSUKR 01-16-2013 12:51 PM

Is there a reason you spell Wolfboro that way?:confused:

BrownstoneNorth 01-16-2013 01:05 PM

Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeborough Diner (Post 197195)
Hello Everyone, :)

I am the new owner of the Wolfeborough Diner. I have worked for the diner for years and excited to take over along with my father. Much of the same familiar waitstaff will be back in the summer and we look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces!!

I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful comments on this forum. To answer a few questions and make a few comments.....

YES, the diner is now open year round 6 days a week. We are closed on Tuesdays.

The previous owners ARE taking over Sandy Point in May we wish them well!!

We do have a new look inside... My husband owns Consider it Done Painting and did some renovations for us. I know we will all miss the Red Sox photos it is my understanding they will be hung at Sandy Point so they will be getting some new attention down there.

We do have the same great menu....running different daily specials to put our own twist on things.

We hope to see all of you and thank you for your continued repeat business!!!!

Wolfeborough Diner :D

Looking foward to seeing you, too, when we get back up to Wolfeboro aka Wolfeborough ("a rose by any other name....") this Spring, and also hoping you'll be doing those great lobster rolls in season!

Wolfeborough Diner 01-16-2013 01:30 PM

We will have the Lobster Rolls no worries :D Look forward to seeing you in the spring!!!

Wolfeborough Diner 01-16-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 197209)

It is the old spelling of the town..... we just took over the name a long with the business. :)

Rusty 01-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeborough Diner (Post 197212)
We will have the Lobster Rolls no worries :D Look forward to seeing you in the spring!!!

Do you have "Lobster Rolls" with worries? :D

Wolfeborough Diner 01-16-2013 01:39 PM

LOL.....I would say their worries ended when they hit the pot of hot water. :laugh:

RLW 01-16-2013 02:06 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif Wolfeborough Diner, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Thanks for your post and I wish you all the best in your new endeavors with the diner. I like your comment in your last post regarding "their worries ended when they hit the pot of hot water.":)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

Merrymeeting 01-16-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 197209)

Is there a reason YOU spell Wolfeboro that way? :confused: ;)

RLW 01-16-2013 10:08 PM

My excuse would be, my spell check doesn't know that word.:):laugh:

CateP 01-18-2013 12:16 PM

Ya know...
I am just wondering why no one has lobster rolls off-season? As a local -year-round resident, I would be thrilled to find a lobster roll in town!!

SIKSUKR 01-18-2013 02:18 PM

Duh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 197249)
Is there a reason YOU spell Wolfeboro that way? :confused: ;)

Good catch!Yup,its seems when you call somebody out you get it right back.I'm guilty.:laugh:

ApS 01-18-2013 07:45 PM

:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 197377)
Good catch! Yup,its seems when you call somebody out you get it right back. I'm guilty.:laugh:

Shame on you for misspelling Wolfsboro! :p

upthesaukee 01-18-2013 08:34 PM

Tough name

We have friends who call it "Wolfenboro"...no idea where it comes from :rolleye1:.

camp guy 01-18-2013 09:06 PM

Wolfeboro Diner

Wolfenboro...Tuftonboro...Moultonborough...hey what's a few letters among
friends...local color.

Heaven 01-18-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CateP (Post 197359)
Ya know...
I am just wondering why no one has lobster rolls off-season? As a local -year-round resident, I would be thrilled to find a lobster roll in town!!

I still see them at Harvest Market

Waterbaby 01-18-2013 10:15 PM

Lobster Rolls

Quote:

Originally Posted by CateP (Post 197359)
Ya know...

You can always make your own, Cate - just buy some lobster meat, mix it with just enough may to hold it together and voila! Put it into whatever roll you prefer! (Personally I like the old NE way, a warm toasted hot dog roll filled to bursting with lobster salad! YUM!)

tis 01-19-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 197402)
We have friends who call it "Wolfenboro"...no idea where it comes from :rolleye1:.

That's funny!! I have never in my whole life heard it called that!!! Where does that come from, do you know?

riverat 01-19-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterbaby (Post 197416)
You can always make your own, Cate - just buy some lobster meat, mix it with just enough may to hold it together and voila! Put it into whatever roll you prefer! (Personally I like the old NE way, a warm toasted hot dog roll filled to bursting with lobster salad! YUM!)

It's funny, just reading your post my mouth started watering up and drooling down my chin.;)

upthesaukee 01-19-2013 05:27 PM

Don't know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 197433)
That's funny!! I have never in my whole life heard it called that!!! Where does that come from, do you know?

But she and her husband both say it. Initially, I thought maybe she was saying "wolf-e-boro", but after hearing her say it a few times more, and even with my lousy hearing, I know she is saying Wolfenboro. Just gives me a smile.

NoBozo 01-19-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 197402)

Maybe there was a WereWolf in Wolfeboro history.... :look: :look: NB

sir james 01-19-2013 09:12 PM

named Wolfeborough in honor of English General James Wolfe, in the 1700's

webmaster 01-20-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterbaby (Post 197416)

You can't beat homemade with REAL Maine lobster (most local lobster rolls are not):

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/100_1414.jpg

tis 01-20-2013 07:43 AM

OH, what a tease!!! Even in the morning those make me hungry!!! They look wonderful!

riverat 01-20-2013 07:59 AM

Oh Great, now I have slobber and nose prints all over my monitor screen.

RLW 01-20-2013 03:41 PM

Webmaster (Don), when you have the only type of lobster (Maine Lobster) you can not eat them in a regular hot dog roll one needs a foot long hot dog roll and have a second to take home with ya. Right now I sure could take one if not 2 of those that you are showing. Just DELICIOUS looking:)

tis 01-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverat (Post 197494)
Oh Great, now I have slobber and nose prints all over my monitor screen.

:laugh::laugh: Would that be your slobber and prints or your dog's???

riverat 01-21-2013 08:05 AM

:rolleye1:mine:rolleye1:

SIKSUKR 01-22-2013 02:04 PM

Do they have a border crossing guard to keep them from coming from NH?:laugh:

Wolfeborough Diner 03-27-2013 04:42 PM

Easter Weekend Lobster Rolls

Hello All,

Many people expressed interest in having our fresh lobster rolls more often. This weekend we will have them so come in and enjoy!!! If it goes over well we may consider having them every weekend!

Thanks,
Wolfeborough Diner

Heaven 05-04-2013 10:44 AM

Back to the Wolfeborough Diner

Sign says serving breakfast all day, I would like that to be an option in Wolfeboro. I had breakfast today, I do hope the new owner and staff get a lot sharper before summer rolls around. Seems to be running in slow motion today.

Wolfeborough Diner 05-14-2013 07:54 AM

Sorry to hear things were not as you liked. I had currently been out on maternity leave and will be back as of this weekend so hopefully things will go much smoother.

Wolfeborough Diner 06-25-2013 10:03 AM

Lobster Rolls

The Diner is now doing our lobster rolls every day:D.

New and improved.....they are now on a roll from the Yum Yum Shop that is fresh baked for us daily!!!

Heaven 06-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeborough Diner (Post 206447)

New and improved.....they are now on a roll from the Yum Yum Shop that is fresh baked for us daily!!!

Toasted with butter?

Patiently Watching 06-26-2013 04:03 AM

Improvement?
Good thing most people don't eat the roll...

Grant 06-26-2013 02:26 PM

Two GREAT breakfasts and wonderful service at the diner over the weekend. Place never disappoints.

tis 06-26-2013 03:43 PM

You don't like the Yum Yum rolls, PW?

BrownstoneNorth 06-26-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfeborough Diner (Post 206447)

My husband and I took the plunge today for the first time this season -- big chunks of lobster, very little mayo = A+.

Wolfeborough Diner 06-27-2013 08:42 PM

Thank you all for supporting our business. So glad to hear happy reviews!! Look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces throughout the summer :)

Wolfeborough Diner 06-27-2013 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yum... Yum...

Wolfeborough Diner 06-27-2013 09:08 PM

New hours

Diner will now be open 7 days from 7am-2pm. We will also now do lunch on Sundays as well no more just serving breakfast and closing at noon. Hope to see you all soon!

snowflake 11-02-2013 05:31 PM

restaurants open

I'm coming up to the Lake next weekend. We're counting the days! Is the Wolfeboro Diner or Morrissey's still open? I guess the tress are pretty bare by now.

RLW 11-02-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowflake (Post 214286)
I'm coming up to the Lake next weekend. We're counting the days! Is the Wolfeboro Diner or Morrissey's still open? I guess the tress are pretty bare by now.

View thread #56 and it will answer your question.:)