Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Traveling Texas Smoke Shop (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20943)

ishoot308 07-17-2016 01:53 PM

Traveling Texas Smoke Shop

Two BIG thumbs up for the "Traveling Texas Smoke Shop"!!

We had them supply food for 35 people for an island party we had yesterday afternoon and evening. He delivered the food to the Glendale docks right on schedule and it was all packaged very nicely for boat transport. He had Texas plates on his truck so I knew it was going to be good!

This is the real deal if you like barbecue! Ribs, brisket, chicken, beans, coleslaw and cornbread all were excellent!!

You can find him in the parking lot of the Moccasin Shop on route 104 in Meredith. Try them out as I Can't say enough good about the Traveling Texas Smoke Shop!!

Dan

Slickcraft 07-17-2016 02:23 PM

My wife an I can attest that it was excellent.:)

Hillcountry 07-17-2016 05:10 PM

I have stopped there on ocaision and you are correct!
Great bbq! Just smelling the smoke makes you hungry!

joey2665 07-17-2016 06:10 PM

Awesome BBQ

I've had it several times also it is excellent. In the off season they have a store front on Union Avenue in Laconia near the fork in the road with Messer Street.

cominghome 07-18-2016 06:29 AM

Agree!

We have had several great meals here this summer, both for ourselves and for large groups. Great meats and the best cole slaw!

polarisman14 07-18-2016 11:35 AM

I'm really glad that there are some good options for BBQ in the lakes region now. The name escapes me but there's a new one right on route 3 almost directly across from Lochmere Country Club and that one was very good as well. Everywhere needs more bbq!

joey2665 07-18-2016 11:40 AM

Long Horn?

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarisman14 (Post 265754)
I'm really glad that there are some good options for BBQ in the lakes region now. The name escapes me but there's a new one right on route 3 almost directly across from Lochmere Country Club and that one was very good as well. Everywhere needs more bbq!

I believe it is Long Horn BBQ

MikeF-NH 07-18-2016 04:57 PM

love the BBQ from this guy! I know he's dedicated when I'm towing my boat to the lake at 4AM for salmon and I see smoke coming from his equipment. Nice people too and they do a fantastic job with authentic "Q". Try the rib ends...

Pine Island Guy 09-03-2016 07:33 PM

Mmmmmmm that's some good eating!

After passing by the Traveling Texas BBQ many times and saying "we should stop in and get some ribs"... Tonight was the night, and now regretting that we didn't stop in a long time ago!!!

Picked up a full rack of ribs, and then stopped for some local corn... Got out to the island and PIG (and wife) had a feast of pig... It was excellent!!! Tender, well smoked with a great dry rub, and complimented with delicious sauce...

If the rest of their meats are as good (and I expect they are), do yourselves a favor and eat there. Next time, going to buy the brisket and try that out...

Spectacular weekend, hope everyone enjoys it!! -PIG

moose tracks 01-22-2017 10:11 AM

Traveling Texas BBQ

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Traveling Texas BBQ will be open all year at their route 104 location in Meredith. They closed their other location that was on Union Ave in Laconia. We stopped by last week and purchased their smoked chicken and ribs. They were great.

Blyblvrd 01-22-2017 03:45 PM

Good to know thanks! Every couple of weeks we drive by and say "We should try it". Now we will!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Doobs41378 01-23-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blyblvrd (Post 273771)
Good to know thanks! Every couple of weeks we drive by and say "We should try it". Now we will!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Same here....

bruinsfan 01-23-2017 06:36 PM

Best ribs and chicken..... Glad to hear it's year round now !!!!!!

Slickcraft 01-24-2017 09:58 AM

This link was in the thread on The Winni Pier being sold. Maybe the Traveling Texas Smoke Shop will get a spot to lease at the Weirs:
http://www.laconiadailysun.com/local...-pier-acquired

LakeWinniMom 01-24-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 273823)
This link was in the thread on The Winni Pier being sold. Maybe the Traveling Texas Smoke Shop will get a spot to lease at the Weirs:
http://www.laconiadailysun.com/local...-pier-acquired

I was thinking the same thing when I read it earlier! That would be a great addition to the Pier.

joey2665 05-26-2017 05:09 PM

New Weirs Location

Just enjoyed a rack of ribs and rib tips at the new location. Everything was excellent. Owner asked if it tasted the same at the food from 104 and it did. He's extremely nice, wished him m good luck. Hopefully he will be busy this weekend. Going to enjoy going to this location.

webmaster 06-17-2017 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From their Facebook page:

Hillcountry 06-17-2017 06:36 PM

I'm picking up a whole brisket from TTSS tomorrow for my Father's Day feast!
Can't wait to dig in to it!

ishoot308 06-17-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 280290)
I'm picking up a whole brisket from TTSS tomorrow for my Father's Day feast!
Can't wait to dig in to it!

You won't regret it... he is the authentic real deal!!

Save me a piece will ya! :D:D

Dan

Hillcountry 06-17-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 280292)
You won't regret it... he is the authentic real deal!!

Save me a piece will ya! :D:D

Dan

You're welcome at my home anytime! Stop by if you're hungry! :)

HellRaZoR004 07-08-2017 07:40 PM

Stopped at the Weirs this evening and got brisket sandwiches. With all the great reviews I was expecting a lot better. Very fatty and wasn't very warm.

Got there @ 7:50 thinking we had plenty of time to order. They closed at 8 despite the Facebook page saying 9.

I'll stick to the place in Tilton. Far superior brisket.

phoenix 07-09-2017 04:31 AM

There are now two bbq places on rt 104.

noreast 07-09-2017 06:38 AM

I got the brisket sandwich a few weeks ago and it was very good, of course I asked for the fat to be left in it though. They went down to the smoker to get the meat when I ordered, so I bet they keep it up top when there expecting it to be busy. when I buy it to cook myself I always have the butcher keep all the fat on. That's one of the tricks for perfect brisket.

SteveO123 07-09-2017 06:59 AM

I believe the two barbecue places are separate operations? (Weirs pier and Rte 104)...???

joey2665 07-09-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO123 (Post 281499)
I believe the two barbecue places are separate operations? (Weirs pier and Rte 104)...???

They are the same owner. I love Texas Smoke. Of course I go for ribs, tips, pulled pork and the 1/4 chicken which are all excellent. I really don't care for brisket.

HellRaZoR004 07-09-2017 08:51 AM

The one I mentioned is the Lonestar BBQ place on RT. 3 in Tilton.

Maybe I stopped in too late, but first impressions are big.

phoenix 07-09-2017 10:09 AM

I dont know if the two on 104 are the same owner one is in the building that use to be building supplies like rock and sand the other is in the moccasin store parking lot they are about three miles apart. If one owner seems strange to be so close if not wonder if there is enough business for two different establishments

Doobs41378 07-10-2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 281514)
I dont know if the two on 104 are the same owner one is in the building that use to be building supplies like rock and sand the other is in the moccasin store parking lot they are about three miles apart. If one owner seems strange to be so close if not wonder if there is enough business for two different establishments

I believe he is talking about Weirs and Rt 104 being the same owners. I have seen the trailer you are talking about and do not think that is the same owners.

Greene's Basin Girl 07-11-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 (Post 281509)
The one I mentioned is the Lonestar BBQ place on RT. 3 in Tilton.

Maybe I stopped in too late, but first impressions are big.

Where on Rt 3 in Tilton is this located?

joey2665 07-11-2017 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 281669)
Where on Rt 3 in Tilton is this located?

It's a trailer and picnic tables on the south side (rightside) of the road about a mile east of the Tanger Outlets heading towards Belmont

DougNH 07-11-2017 08:37 AM

The two BBQ places on rt104 are different owners. I have eaten at both and have talked to the owners, they are competitors. Actually I have eaten at both on the same day.

Hillcountry 07-11-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougNH (Post 281687)
The two BBQ places on rt104 are different owners. I have eaten at both and have talked to the owners, they are competitors. Actually I have eaten at both on the same day.

So how was the food quality of the "newcomer" on 104?
We all know the "TTSS" is great but few know about the new guy's place.

Doobs41378 07-11-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougNH (Post 281687)

Yeah, which one wins?

ishoot308 07-11-2017 10:44 AM

I have been to both (Traveling Texas Meredith and Tilton Smoke Shack) and for me, hands down, The Traveling Texas Smoke Shop takes home the prize! And I'm not saying the guy in Tilton was bad, actually it was good but the Traveling Texas Smoke shop is always great every time we go!! Besides just stopping at his place for a bite to eat, he has catered a couple parties for us and did a great job, we even bought a couple of smoked Christmas hams from him this past year that were fantastic!

Dan

DougNH 07-11-2017 12:18 PM

First I have no affiliation to either of these places. I travel rt104 from 93 to Meredith about every other week. I have eaten at the TTS over the past few years probably 10 times and at the BBQS twice this year (it is new), links below. I think there is a little confusion to some other place in Tilton. Both places below are on rt104 after 93 and heading towards Meredith as previously mentioned.

So this is my personal opinion and preference. Both places are good but the difference is the dry rub at the TTS verses sauce at the BBQS. I prefer smoking with sauce over the dry method. The prices at the BBQS are also less if comparing. Both times I stopped at the BBQS while I was waiting the owner kept giving me samples…

When I compared a few weeks ago I ordered ribs and brisket at both places. My personal preference was the BBQS. I also found the ribs had more meat on them from the BBQS and more juicy than the TTS. In fact a number of times from the TTS I found the ribs to be quite dry. The owner at the BBQS was serving me sauce from a pot on the stove as he had just made it (was very excellent). He indicated it was some well know receipt and can be found online (I forget the name of it).

Both owners are very nice and I believe the guy at BBQS is from/lives in MA although has been in the area for some time.

https://www.facebook.com/TravelingTexasSmokeShop

http://www.bbqshak.com/

Hillcountry 07-11-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougNH (Post 281714)
First I have no affiliation to either of these places. I travel rt104 from 93 to Meredith about every other week. I have eaten at the TTS over the past few years probably 10 times and at the BBQS twice this year (it is new), links below. I think there is a little confusion to some other place in Tilton. Both places below are on rt104 after 93 and heading towards Meredith as previously mentioned.

So this is my personal opinion and preference. Both places are good but the difference is the dry rub at the TTS verses sauce at the BBQS. I prefer smoking with sauce over the dry method. The prices at the BBQS are also less if comparing. Both times I stopped at the BBQS while I was waiting the owner kept giving me samples…

When I compared a few weeks ago I ordered ribs and brisket at both places. My personal preference was the BBQS. I also found the ribs had more meat on them from the BBQS and more juicy than the TTS. In fact a number of times from the TTS I found the ribs to be quite dry. The owner at the BBQS was serving me sauce from a pot on the stove as he had just made it (was very excellent). He indicated it was some well know receipt and can be found online (I forget the name of it).

Both owners are very nice and I believe the guy at BBQS is from/lives in MA although has been in the area for some time.

https://www.facebook.com/TravelingTexasSmokeShop

http://www.bbqshak.com/

Good review! Thanks!

Doobs41378 07-11-2017 07:24 PM

Are both places cash only on 104?

DougNH 07-11-2017 08:02 PM

Yes. I am sure Au or Ag would be accepted also... ;-)

SteveO123 07-11-2017 08:09 PM

Traveling Texas Smoke Shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougNH (Post 281744)
Yes. I am sure Au or Ag would be accepted also... ;-)

https://www.google.com/search?q=peri...LNyw8sJtCPAWM: