Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Area WebCAMs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   BearCam has Moved (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4401)

Bear Islander 03-27-2007 09:44 AM

BearCam has Moved

Hi

The BearCam web camera on Bear Island has moved to

http://www.bearcam1.com

The old domain name has been stolen. I will get it back but it could take months.

ITD 03-27-2007 10:31 AM

How does a domain name get stolen, did you forget to pay the registration fee?

Bear Islander 03-27-2007 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I moved my web hosting because the old company had to much down time. Now they claim they no longer transfer domain names. It's a scam to keep you from moving. But I own the url and they will have to turn it over after I complain to ICANN.

Check out the two deer!

LIforrelaxin 03-27-2007 12:14 PM

Interesting and Amazing

Well the comment on web hosting and domain names was interesting.... hopefully it will not take to long to sort it out.....

Now as for the picture with the dear, what a site, and to by luck capture the image kind of neat..... I have never (although I am sure the always are ) seen a dear out on the ice like that before......

mcdude 03-27-2007 12:34 PM

awesome photo!

Island Girl 03-27-2007 01:16 PM

Too Cool

That is sooo cool to see... thanks for posting.

Welcome back from the S. Pole... I read your log as you were there... it was great to see what you were up to.

SIKSUKR 03-27-2007 02:04 PM

You have to wonder if those deer got back off the ice safely.

Island Life 03-27-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin
I have never (although I am sure the always are ) seen a dear out on the ice like that before......

Many years ago, I was out on the ice and 22 deer joined me from a nearby island. It was snowing softly and was completely silent. They came onto the ice one-by-one; it probably took 2 or 3 minutes for the entire herd to gather. They looked at me for a while and then trotted off to another island. A wonderful experience!:)

jerseyonbear 03-27-2007 03:18 PM

Great Capture

I have always thought it would be great to look at one of the cams and see a picture of some wildlife. I had thought that the backyard shot on bear would be the spot to catch them coming thru

REB 03-27-2007 04:06 PM

Bear Cam

Thanks for all the great shots from your camp over the years. I owned a camp on Bear (across from Boys Island) for 45 years. Sold it in1999 to the Beans. I really miss it, but at 86 years old I just couldn't take care of it.
The deer shot is great!

Brewer720 03-29-2007 11:40 AM

Great site, thanks for sharing

Yes, I'd like to add my thanks to you also for going through the time and effort and expense of sharing not only your view of the lake with all of us but also your expeditions to both poles. It is greatly appreciated.

jeffk 03-29-2007 02:46 PM

Ice dangerous to critters as well as people

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
You have to wonder if those deer got back off the ice safely.

I know what you mean. There was an article in the Nashua Telegraph http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/...WS01/203280365 about a doe and her yearling, both pregnant, that fell through the ice on Lovewell Pond. Unfortunately the yearling died before it could be rescued. The older doe was rescued and seems to have recovered. Animals sometimes do things that are not that smart.

Bear Islander 03-29-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewer720
Yes, I'd like to add my thanks to you also for going through the time and effort and expense of sharing not only your view of the lake with all of us but also your expeditions to both poles. It is greatly appreciated.

You are all very welcome.

In November I am going back to Antarctica to climb it's highest mountain. After that I am going into space and become an astronaut.

Brewer720 03-29-2007 08:13 PM

I didn't mean to exclude anyone else BTW

In thanking Bear Islander I didn't mean to sell anyone else who provides a web cam short. I would like to thank you all for going through the time and effort and cost to give us all views of the lake. My life is so busy with work and home life that I don't get to get to the lake nearly as often as I like and sometimes those views get me through a long day at work. So for all the others too (the Rattlesnake Cam that Island Girl provides comes to mind right away) I say thank you to you also.

chipj29 03-30-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Islander

In November I am going back to Antarctica to climb it's highest mountain. After that I am going into space and become an astronaut.

Shouldn't you become an astronaut before you go into space? ;)

Bear Islander 03-30-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29
Shouldn't you become an astronaut before you go into space? ;)

Good point, I guess I'm an astronaut already! But technically I need to fly higher than 100 kilometers to earn the title.

Brewer720 03-30-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Islander

In November I am going back to Antarctica to climb it's highest mountain.

I climbed Mt. Moosilaukee once... :emb:

Suddenly my life seems so uh... I guess dull is the word that I'm looking for.

:D

Actually my knees and hips would no longer be up for much in the way of doing any climbing, so I'll just read about your adventures and enjoy them. Still that astronaut experience sure sounds interesting. I've always been intensely interested in the space program. I hope you share that adventure with all of us.

Peechee 11-08-2007 06:57 PM

Thank you Bear Cam

Just to let you know that I consult the oracle of Bear Cam every so often from my home 500 miles to the South. It has always been a source of wonder and comfort. Thanks for maintaining it!:)