Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alton Bay McDonald's (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21312)

CAVU 09-26-2016 05:53 PM

Alton Bay McDonald's

Anybody know what is going on? I went in for premium, delicious, low cost McDonald's meal on the way home from work, and its closed up!:eek:

TiltonBB 09-26-2016 06:28 PM

Depending upon what news you read McDonalds is closing 500 to 900 under performing stores in 2016. I do not know if the Alton store is one of those but given the sparse population in the area it would not be a surprise.

Eric Weiss 09-26-2016 07:52 PM

Rebuild

I heard from a few of their employees that McD was doing a rebuild expected to take 3 months.

Acrossamerica 09-26-2016 08:01 PM

It is a rebuild with expanded drive thru capabilities although where they will put it is a question as that parcel is not very large.

8gv 09-26-2016 08:14 PM

I hope they can get better signage and improved ingress and egress.

Those unfamiliar with the site might miss it and not be willing to go through the gyrations to go find the entrance. A rebuild is a huge investment that requires a significant increase in sales to break even.

joey2665 09-27-2016 06:23 AM

Rebuild

They seem to be rebuilding many locations to a similar style to the one in Laconia with the double drive thru

Aquadeziac 09-27-2016 01:23 PM

Their idea of increased drive-thru is going to two order microphones THEN shoveling everyone into one line for the payment and pick-up windows.

CAVU 09-27-2016 04:59 PM

Good to hear, hopefully service improves, I have waited upwards of 25-30mins going inside..

camp guy 09-27-2016 05:37 PM

Alton Bay McDonald's

Help me out, please, I only know of the McDonald's at the Alton Traffic Circle. Is there one somewhere in Alton Bay, too?

8gv 09-27-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquadeziac (Post 270220)
Their idea of increased drive-thru is going to two order microphones THEN shoveling everyone into one line for the payment and pick-up windows.

With their current production system the side by side drive-thru helps speed service. The sooner the kitchen knows what items are ordered, the sooner they can go about preparing them. The merging of lines can make it seem like a hassle but it is better than waiting behind a single order point with the kitchen unaware of you order.

greeleyhill 09-27-2016 07:01 PM

Yup - that's the one...

That's the one...tough traffic pattern and maybe at the mercy of seasonal traffic up to the lake.

Slickcraft 09-27-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 270239)
Help me out, please, I only know of the McDonald's at the Alton Traffic Circle. Is there one somewhere in Alton Bay, too?

No thankfully. One blight is enough.

upthesaukee 09-27-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 270239)

No.... in a word.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

BroadHopper 09-28-2016 09:05 AM

Haven't been to MCD

since the trans fat and green slime days. Oh and I will never forget breakfast is done at 10 AM sharp!

Have not seen much change in the menu and not much is available for those on a diet.

Went to BK once. I was able to get a veggie burger and sweet potato fries. Seems like a lot of money for a few bites.

Saw on the news that they are using electronic ordering in the $15 an hour minimum wage areas.

TheTimeTraveler 09-28-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 270262)
since the trans fat and green slime days. Oh and I will never forget breakfast is done at 10 AM sharp!

Have not seen much change in the menu and not much is available for those on a diet.

Went to BK once. I was able to get a veggie burger and sweet potato fries. Seems like a lot of money for a few bites.

Saw on the news that they are using electronic ordering in the $15 an hour minimum wage areas.

All McDonalds now serve breakfast all day long. No longer the 10 am cutoff.

The only problem with serving breakfast all day is that it could cause an egg shortage thruout the country. I haven't seen it yet but have heard that it is a concern. Go figure!

8gv 09-29-2016 06:38 PM

:rolleye2:

JADAQ 09-29-2016 07:46 PM

It would be a blessing if they closed that one for good, unfortunately I'm sure that won't happen!

Worst service of them all!!

GBGX2 09-30-2016 01:33 PM

This was from someone "in the know" re: McDonald's...from the Alton Comm. Forum on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/altonNH/

"ATTN: People concerned about McDonald's. Some of you are still asking and haven't heard the whole situation, or just don't understand it. We are closed for renovations. The demo crew is already there preparing to tear the old building down. McDonald's no longer has control over the timeline of this store. It's all in the hands of the construction crew. We're expected to reopen the day after Christmas, however, the may not happen and there could be a chance that our reopen date will be pushed into the new year.

So again, MCDONALD'S IS CLOSED FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS FOR RENOVATIONS. Just in case you still haven't heard about it.

*Updated note: No, we are not getting a playplace...we don't make enough in Happy Meal sales to qualify for one.*"

nj2nh 10-10-2016 05:26 PM

construction

We went to the Rusty Moose and noticed it was closed. I am sorry to hear it is only for renovations. I have been to a fair number of McDonalds in my long life and this one ranks near the bottom. The service was remarkably slow even if we were the only ones in the place.

8gv 10-11-2016 07:43 AM

Why is it that some posters, who are dissatisfied with the service at this McDonald's location, are not happy to just avoid going there but must also hope for permanent closure?

There are businesses that I do not frequent due to bad experiences but somehow I can live and let live.:confused:

GBGX2 10-13-2016 06:00 AM

Update from the Baysider

http://www.newhampshirelakesandmount...Christmas.html

Newcomers 12-31-2016 04:55 PM

Opened this week

Now open as anticipated

barefootbay 12-31-2016 04:57 PM

And the reviews

JADAQ 12-31-2016 06:31 PM

I noticed they now have 2 drive up ordering stations, just curious... they could never seem to get my order right or in a speedy fashion (fast food) with 1 ordering system how do they plan on getting it correct with 2??

Doobs41378 12-31-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JADAQ (Post 273263)
I noticed they now have 2 drive up ordering stations, just curious... they could never seem to get my order right or in a speedy fashion (fast food) with 1 ordering system how do they plan on getting it correct with 2??

I think all the new ones will have 2. The new one in Hooksett also has 2.