Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New boat on the lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22064)

aquabones 06-03-2017 11:54 AM

New boat on the lake

2 Attachment(s)
Just saw this boat getting ready to be launched. I wish I knew the owners so I could get a ride!!

Salty 06-03-2017 03:24 PM

I think I saw it go by on its trailer in Meredith earlier today.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Biggd 06-03-2017 03:51 PM

I saw it go by also. Thats quite a boat for a lake with a speed limit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Seaplane Pilot 06-03-2017 04:02 PM

Beautiful boat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 279521)

New acronym for this style of boat will be GFBQ (Go Fast, Be Quiet). Nobody will pay any attention or complain, because they make little noise. They, therefore, will attract no attention. I just hope they have an up-to-date "MAP" on board!

Biggd 06-03-2017 04:09 PM

That boat will attract attention no matter what.

Slickcraft 06-03-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Well it maybe just another low speed trolling setup. Just waiting to have the rod holders and down riggers installed.:rolleye2:

stynx55 06-03-2017 05:19 PM

Saw it go by me on 104 this morning.

Seaplane Pilot 06-03-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 279523)
That boat will attract attention no matter what.

But not "that" kind of attention...;)

DickR 06-03-2017 05:44 PM

When I saw the picture above, I figured it must have been designed by the crew at Cape Canaveral. As the craft accelerates rapidly through and well past 60-80 mph, it undergoes "staging," as the two spent outer engines are jettisoned. Kind of expensive for a boat ride, but whew!

SAB1 06-03-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Agree. Belongs in the Atlantic.

camp guy 06-03-2017 07:15 PM

New boat on Lake

It is a beautiful looking craft, but just remember, everything you have to do for your plain old boat, that guy has to do times four. I didn't know there were enough gas docks on the Lake to keep it fueled up! ( guess my jealousy is showing.)

Biggd 06-03-2017 08:26 PM

It definetly shouts, look how much money I have.

kjhils 06-03-2017 08:42 PM

Watched these guys come out of Alton Bay...all waved as they went by and sped up!

Resident 2B 06-03-2017 08:48 PM

I see a lot of these in Florida. Multiple outboards seem to be big down there these days.

R2B

pm203 06-03-2017 09:36 PM

Beautiful boat that is adding some style to the lake.

Carl Swoyer 06-04-2017 05:28 AM

All those Engines and can only go 45mph.🤔😖😎

Sent from my XT1254 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

aquabones 06-04-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 279531)
It is a beautiful looking craft, but just remember, everything you have to do for your plain old boat, that guy has to do times four. I didn't know there were enough gas docks on the Lake to keep it fueled up! ( guess my jealousy is showing.)

I think it holds over 400 gallons!

Hillcountry 06-04-2017 07:00 AM

Anyone know the dimensions of that beast? I wonder if it would fit through the Wiers channel abreast of another boat?

Liquorish 06-04-2017 07:00 AM

To each his own, good for them. Hope they enjoy, I'll certainly enjoy watching it pass me!

Orion 06-04-2017 08:28 AM

Rum runner

Probably a rum-running boat for the Lees Mills to Alton prohibition route. ;)

ishoot308 06-04-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabones (Post 279538)
I think it holds over 400 gallons!

At wide open throttle those motors are sucking down about 120 gallons of gas per hour!!😮😮. It definitely needs that 400 gallon tank!!

Dan

Dave R 06-04-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Swoyer (Post 279537)
All those Engines and can only go 45mph.🤔😖😎

I'm sure it will easily exceed 45 MPH.

Descant 06-04-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 279540)
Anyone know the dimensions of that beast? I wonder if it would fit through the Wiers channel abreast of another boat?

Probably 8.5 ft beam, same as everybody else that doesn't have a wideload permit.

Carl Swoyer 06-04-2017 06:23 PM

I go to the keys every year to watch the International Boat races. Boats like this are always on display at the city marina. Difference is no speed limit

Carl Swoyer 06-04-2017 06:26 PM

Yes it will, but on lake Winnipesaukee max speed limit is 45 mph ?????

Barney Bear 06-04-2017 08:33 PM

Talented Craft

This loaded boat could possibly go 45MPH in reverse! 😱

codeman671 06-04-2017 08:46 PM

It looks like an MTI-42V. If so, 450 gallon fuel capacity and 11'6" beam. You couldn't fit 4 outboards like that on a 8'6" beam.

TiltonBB 06-05-2017 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 279558)
It looks like an MTI-42V. If so, 450 gallon fuel capacity and 11'6" beam. You couldn't fit 4 outboards like that on a 8'6" beam.

The "Wide Load" sign must have blown off on the highway!:)

Dave R 06-05-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Swoyer (Post 279552)
Yes it will, but on lake Winnipesaukee max speed limit is 45 mph ?????

It's just an arbitrary law, it has no bearing on actual boat speeds. People routinely exceed 45 on the lake.

There isn't a car made today that won't easily exceed the highway speed limit by at least 30 MPH. Just because you can drive a 4 cylinder Camry at 110+ MPH does not mean you have to. The Camry will cruise effortlessly at 80.

That boat will probably go <80 MPH, tops. It's big, heavy, wide, and has a lot of drag with 4 lower units in the water. It's clearly not made just for speed, I imagine comfort was a higher priority than speed in the design studio. I bet it'll cruise beautifully at 45 MPH.

The 4 engines look impressive, but it's really a total of "just" 1400 HP (I think, it's hard to see the numbers clearly) on a what appears to be a 40ish foot boat. Mercury makes single engines with more power than that. Here's one that's got 1650 HP: http://www.mercuryracing.com/sterndr...ngines/1650-2/

jeffk 06-05-2017 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 279558)

Yikes, I'd hate to be waiting at the gas docks for this monster to finish fueling and get out of the way. It could take them an hour to fill up from a near empty tank. And $1500+. :eek:

Of course when you pay over $1/2 million for the boat, what's $30,000 a year for gas.

It's not really my thing but I'd love to go for a ride in one just for the fun of it. :D

joey2665 06-05-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 279568)
Yikes, I'd hate to be waiting at the gas docks for this monster to finish fueling and get out of the way. It could take them an hour to fill up from a near empty tank. And $1500+. :eek:

Of course when you pay over $1/2 million for the boat, what's $30,000 a year for gas.

It's not really my thing but I'd love to go for a ride in one just for the fun of it. :D

Actually my brother had a 30' Skater with triples on the lake before the instituted the speed limit. We would go out a dawn and blast around at 100+ mph. I would fall asleep in the bulster seat It was awesome and extremely relaxing with the wind in your face with nobody around. Believe it or not those engines are extremely fuel efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 06-05-2017 07:52 AM

Did Donald Trump buy a place on the lake?

LIforrelaxin 06-05-2017 08:01 AM

Who Cares how fast the boat goes... I am sure it will go over 45, but if the owner, obeys the law what is the problem. My boat will go over 45 and I have no where that much power....

It a nice looking boat, I hope the owners enjoy it and also enjoy the lake...

Stop turning every good looking big boat into a speed limit debate.

Biggd 06-05-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 279575)
Who Cares how fast the boat goes... I am sure it will go over 45, but if the owner, obeys the law what is the problem. My boat will go over 45 and I have no where that much power....

Do you really think he's going to obey the law in that boat? :laugh:

jeffk 06-05-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 279570)
Actually my brother had a 30' Skater with triples on the lake before the instituted the speed limit. We would go out a dawn and blast around at 100+ mph. I would fall asleep in the bulster seat It was awesome and extremely relaxing with the wind in your face with nobody around. Believe it or not those engines are extremely fuel efficient.

I'm not doubting the efficiency but given the specs of this 7 1/2+ ton boat (per the manufacturer) at 40 MPH cruise it gets about 1 mile per gallon. IF the boat was doing the speed limit :laugh: it would burn through 45 gals per hour. After 10 hours, it would be sucking vapor. If you were out 5 hours each weekend day you would have to fill up every weekend. It you were running at top speed, and why else would you have this kind of boat, it would burn gas even faster. It may be efficient compared to some similar boats but it's still a LOT of money to keep it fueled and ready to play with.

BUT ... it's not MY money so, have fun!

Thinking further, in every hour you could do a complete back and forth of this 20 mile long lake. In a weekend, 10 times back and forth. I love the lake but it might get a little repetitive. :D

Biggd 06-05-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 279578)
I'm not doubting the efficiency but given the specs of this 7 1/2+ ton boat (per the manufacturer) at 40 MPH cruise it gets about 1 mile per gallon. IF the boat was doing the speed limit :laugh: it would burn through 45 gals per hour. After 10 hours, it would be sucking vapor. If you were out 5 hours each weekend day you would have to fill up every weekend. It you were running at top speed, and why else would you have this kind of boat, it would burn gas even faster. It may be efficient compared to some similar boats but it's still a LOT of money to keep it fueled and ready to play with.

BUT ... it's not MY money so, have fun!

Thinking further, in every hour you could do a complete back and forth of this 20 mile long lake. In a weekend, 10 times back and forth. I love the lake but it might get a little repetitive. :D

It's basically a show of opulence because there is really no need for a boat like this on this lake.

jeffk 06-05-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 279579)
It's basically a show of opulence because there is really no need for a boat like this on this lake.

If we only had what we really "need" life would probably be a bit dull. The property taxes and spending of the opulent people fuel the economy around the lake. If they want to put up a fancy house or drive a spiffy boat to point out they have been successful in life, so what.

I have a 22 foot bow rider. To those who couldn't afford one, they might get by with a skiff and an outboard and think I am showing off. I earned my money but I am not rich and I spend it as I can afford on things that I enjoy. I am sure some people see my car or boat and think "Wow, he must be well off". That's not my intention but I don't care if that's how people perceive it. It's their problem, not mine.

fatlazyless 06-05-2017 09:13 AM

I saw that boat with the four Merc outboards go past at a speed of about 35-mph, yesterday. It looks like a center console complete with an enclosure that was a boat designed by the Egyptian Navy for Queen Cleopatra to cruise up and down the Nile River. What it needs is two go-go dancers permanently positioned on the bow, port and starboard, and two Roman guards, positioned at the stern, port and starboard, and a 3-piece band positioned somewhere else ...... to bring it up to speed .... and make it a very happening boat!

Yes, that's all .....that's what it needs!

ApS 06-05-2017 10:18 AM

But Three Spares...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 279534)
I see a lot of these in Florida. Multiple outboards seem to be big down there these days. R2B

Me too.

I like outboards. :)

Most are quiet around the Big Lake. These outboards have submerged exhaust—thank you, Mercury—and won't produce the deafening "blatt" of too many I/Os. :rolleye1:

'Course with thousands of miles to drift in Florida's open Gulfs and ocean, it's always a good thing to have a spare outboard; plus, it won't ruin your entire Lake Winnipesaukee season to have one "in the shop". (Though a spare prop would be a good idea). :look:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 279575)

OK. Now, with the lake at "high-water", maybe your shoreline hasn't had enough silt eroded from it.

Better? ;)

HellRaZoR004 06-05-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 279587)

Me too.

I like outboards. :)

Most are quiet around the Big Lake. These outboards have submerged exhaust—thank you, Mercury—and won't produce the deafening "blatt" of too many I/Os. :rolleye1:

'Course with thousands of miles to drift in Florida's open Gulfs and ocean, it's always a good thing to have a spare outboard; plus, it won't ruin your entire Lake Winnipesaukee season to have one "in the shop". (Though a spare prop would be a good idea). :look:

OK. Now, with the lake at "high-water", maybe your shoreline hasn't had enough silt eroded from it.

Better? ;)

Enough of your soapbox. A boat like this up on plane (regardless of the speed limit) will put out less of a wake than just putting around.