Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Skipper of the Sea Que
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Update to Lake Related...
01-16-2024 03:37 PM
Last post by Descant
Today 09:06 AM
158 Replies, 21,339 Views
Laconia State School...
03-14-2024 11:38 AM
Last post by TiltonBB
Today 06:16 AM
7 Replies, 1,879 Views
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Slickcraft
Today 05:30 AM
9 Replies, 730 Views
Laconia Planning Director
05-01-2023 05:00 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 05:09 PM
9 Replies, 2,433 Views
Huge Commercial Project...
01-30-2024 03:29 PM
Last post by codeman671
Yesterday 10:34 AM
111 Replies, 22,690 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Triscadecaphobia. Afraid of numbers? Welllll, it depends.

Submit "Triscadecaphobia. Afraid of numbers? Welllll, it depends." to Facebook Submit "Triscadecaphobia. Afraid of numbers? Welllll, it depends." to Digg Submit "Triscadecaphobia. Afraid of numbers? Welllll, it depends." to Google Submit "Triscadecaphobia. Afraid of numbers? Welllll, it depends." to Twitter
Posted 06-13-2008 at 08:58 AM by Skipper of the Sea Que

I've had many ideas of what I could write in my Blog then I sit down to type and my mind goes blank. That's fodder for another Blog entry some other time.

Today is Friday the 13th and I'm reminded that some folks are afraid of the number 13. Some elevators and buildings don't even recognize a 13th floor - the floor number "jumps" from 12 to 14. All this fear because of superstition about the number 13. Combine that with a Friday and some people cower. Triskaidekaphobia, the fear of the number 13.

I am not one of those. I do not fear Friday the 13th or the number 13 itself.

Friday the 13th however, does make me smile and remember the 13+ years I spent working for a General Manager and VP at one of my most enjoyable jobs. He too did not fear 13. He believed that # 13 was a lucky number. PO Box 13. Suite 13. The last 4 digits of our company phone number were 1313. He wanted his car 2-way radio unit to be Mobile 13. Phone contests winners were the 13th caller. You get the idea. He used 13 when and where he could. He scoffed at the fear of 13. Those were fun years and that was a fun and rewarding job. Anyway...

I've thought about fear of numbers and numerology and conclude that I must admit to myself that there are numbers I am afraid of - I just can't tell you what the exact numbers are ahead of time. Like the number that pops up on the GAS PUMP. I'm afraid of all the numbers on my bills particularly real estate and other tax bills (I'm in MA). College tuition bills. The number on my bathroom scale. Any credit card or other bills with my wife's name on them . And now maybe even 45/25 boat speed limit numbers .
Speed limit debate comments will be delightfully deleted

So although I don't fear the number 13, it seems that there are numbers I'm "afraid of".

And I didn't even mention age......

Where's Spook (from Star Trek) to explain if any of this is 13 stuff is logical

Happy Friday the 13th (and all the other days too).

-
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 44528 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments