Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Skipper of the Sea Que
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
The Breeze: By the Bay...
Today 02:08 PM
Last post by Biggd
Today 06:07 PM
4 Replies, 215 Views
HOA Forums
03-26-2024 03:42 PM
Last post by Dick52
Today 05:00 PM
13 Replies, 1,052 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by map
Today 03:38 PM
61 Replies, 13,562 Views
Wolfeboro Hit and Run
08-13-2023 01:42 PM
Last post by codeman671
Today 01:08 PM
189 Replies, 56,492 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by map
Today 11:47 AM
31 Replies, 6,998 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

The Lake will help us keep together + other stuff

Submit "The Lake will help us keep together + other stuff" to Facebook Submit "The Lake will help us keep together + other stuff" to Digg Submit "The Lake will help us keep together + other stuff" to Google Submit "The Lake will help us keep together + other stuff" to Twitter
Posted 05-30-2008 at 09:15 PM by Skipper of the Sea Que

We all appreciate the kind comments, thanks. While Lauren is looking for work, one of the requirements is the ability to be off the weeks we have scheduled for the Lake. The last few seasons she spends a night or 3 every few weeks on board the boat with a few of her girlfriends. I would do a day trip up to drive them in the boat.

Lauren also is the one who helps me with boat chores. She secures us at the dock, does the canvas, AC wire and will drive (not dock) if she has to (yes, both kids hold safe boater education certificates - wish they learned knots - not mph like knots but rope/line knots). Both kids enjoy the Lake and being out on the boat. My wife tries to help. She does real well with the canvas and helping to set anchor but boating is not her strongest asset.

Airwaves: Son Jonathan plans to major in Engineering. However he is drawn to the microphone. Not the professional radio we know (and love ) but more stage work. He's enjoyed many hosting duties during high school. Last night he MC'ed the Senior Awards, introducing the dignitaries presenting the awards, scholarships, school anecdotes and such.

Yes, we are gradually entering the empty nest phase of life and it is coming way to fast. I was just changing diapers just a few years ago and as I get older I might be the one that needs changing - I guess that just DEPENDS !

Our little doggie is my companion too Cil. Unfortunately she is showing signs of her advanced age. She has become 90% deaf, has cataracts, been fighting Cushings Syndrome (doing well) for some years, hind legs not as strong - the usual old age dog symptoms. But when she sees a critter in the yard (with poor eyesight even the lawn mower out front) or smells meat cooking she perks up, barks and runs around like a little puppy .

Not sure if this is the stuff Blogs are made of and this is getting too long to read.

A final note. Just before the holiday I got word that some critters damaged the major seating area of the boat. I don't think we'll get up there until it's replaced.

I wish everyone well.
Al
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 35830 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments