PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Early October

Happy Gal
03-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Very recently engaged and looking for thoughts on whether it's feasible to have an early October wedding reception outdoors on a lakefront lot. On average, what is the weather like at Winni that time of year? Too cold? Thanks in advance.

tom t.
03-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I got married in early oct and the weather was absolutley beautiful - good luck

Colt
03-02-2004, 02:10 PM
I attended a wedding on October 16th of 2002. It was at an Inn in Wolfeboro. The temperature is wild that time of year it was plenty warm enough for me personally in fact when outside I took my sportcoat off. However it was very cold not one week earlier. They decided to move the wedding inside the day before because of severe rain forecasted. The system passed to the south and it was sunny and warm but the decision was already made. Work with a good Tent company. They can put sides on a tent if the wind is too much or even heat the tent if need be.

SIKSUKR
03-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Could be anything from snow and temps in the 30's to"Indian Summer" temps in the 70's.The average is somewhere in between. SS

bystander
03-02-2004, 05:33 PM
We held a wedding for our daughter in Meredith on Oct 1 3 years ago. It was great. The temps during the day were inlow 70's but we were lucky. We used a church that had not heat and were okay. I feel you are taking a chance.

wishiwasthere
03-03-2004, 09:17 AM
My wife and I got married the first week of October last year. We had planned on an outdoor ceremony at Steele Hill. The day before the wedding was gorgeous, mid 60's - low 70's not a cloud in the sky. The day of the wedding it rained and was in the low 50's. Luckily Steele Hill has a wonderful indoor area for the ceremony, so we just went with plan two and moved in inside 1 hour before the ceremony. So the weather that time of year is very variable. Good luck with the planning.

Happy Gal
03-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks to all for the feedback. You've confirmed my inkling that early October would be somewhat of a blind toss, weather wise. I think we're going to play it safe and shoot for late August instead. Thanks again.