PDA

View Full Version : Building in Meredith

aquadocton
08-13-2004, 09:36 AM
We have friends in Salem looking to relocate to our fine lakes region. They're looking at property in Meredith to build on and asked what it is like building there. Since we live in Laconia, we are not familiar with inspectors, requirements, codes and so on for Meredith. Can anyone here share some experiences so we can pass the information along to them?

SAMIAM
08-14-2004, 08:00 AM
I had a recent experience with the building inspector in Meredith.My elderly mom's dock had sustained some damage and needed immediate repair.Mr Edney couldn't have been more helpful.He could have dragged me through a maze of wetland and EPA approvals but was very understanding.He gave me a permit on the spot with my promise to remain in the original footprint.
Now,I've been told that he can be very tough,but my feeling is that if you're straight with him in every way,and don't try anything funny, that he'll be in your corner.Good luck

Old Chris Craft
08-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Have your friend speak with the contractor they are going to use and ask about their experiences building there. Meredith is gaining a reputation as a pain in the rear town to build in and that means more $$$ and more delays. With subcontractors booked solid these days, delays can be very costly especially if you have set a move-in date. From what I have been told, it can be a living hell.