PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Point

RLW
05-01-2004, 07:20 PM
I glanced at the threads and didn't see anything about Sandy Point. I'm looking for an opening date. Does anyone have it? I need my Sandy Point fix real bad. :liplick:

Rattlesnake Gal
05-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Forgot something at the lake and had to go all the way back. :( On the way by I noticed their sign reads they are opening on May 14th.
What is it there that you like? All these recommendations for good food is going to take us a while to get through! :liplick:

Cal
01-21-2005, 11:27 PM
No trip to the lake is complete without Lobsta at Sandy Point :liplick: :D

gtxrider
01-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Make mine a Baked Stuffed witha nice cold beer. I need at least one lobsta dinner per summer. I love it but I don't need all that butter.

Rattlesnake Gal
01-24-2005, 10:25 AM
So, baked stuffed is the specialty at Sandy Point?

abay
01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Try the baked scallops. Super - and you will never find anyplace else that gives you as many scallops in one serving. We're regular visitors.

RLW
01-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Make mine a Baked Stuffed witha nice cold beer. I need at least one lobsta dinner per summer. I love it but I don't need all that butter.
That's real easy, when the girl comes around to take your order just say I'll have a boiled lobsta din'na with NO BUTT'A (use the magic word) Please. That way there your wish will come true. :liplick:

gtxrider
01-25-2005, 07:08 PM
So, baked stuffed is the specialty at Sandy Point?

You can have it boiled to and there is even the "Lazy Man's Lobsta" but part of the experience is getting your hands all messy.

The butter makes it taste better!

luna
02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
The boiled lobster at Sandy Point that I had this summer far surpassed those that I had in Maine or the Cape. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired, but if it's great lobster you're after, it's the place!

gtxrider
02-06-2005, 08:52 AM
And some go come just for the HALIBUT! :laugh: sorry about the pun.The scallops are not bad either. They used to have a seafood casserole that my mother loved do they still have it?

Brookhurst98
05-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I glanced at the threads and didn't see anything about Sandy Point. I'm looking for an opening date. Does anyone have it? I need my Sandy Point fix real bad. :liplick:
I called last weekend and they open May 8, 2005

Lady Di
05-05-2005, 03:10 PM

Actchly, the buttah isn't what's bad for you, it's all the stuffin'.

The buttah and the lobstah aah fine. Hold the bad cahbs. Patatahs being one of them. Ha Ha.

I haven't talked this way for so long.......... :D

Is Sandy Point the place in Alton? That kinda juts out into the lake?

Rattlesnake Gal
05-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Is Sandy Point the place in Alton? That kinda juts out into the lake?

Yup, that's the place. :) Sandy Point Beach Resort (http://www.sandypointbeachresort.com/about.html) has a very nice site.
Check out the old photos and the newer gallery.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/531/20scanaerialsandypoint-med.jpg
Postcard courtesy of McDude's Gallery
Sandy Point on PhotoPost (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/showgallery.php?si=sandy+point&x=0&y=0)

mcdude
05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I never knew they had a website! The aerial photos in the slideshow help you understand why it is called Sandy Point! The Ouellettes also had a lot to do with speedboat racing on the bay and scenic cruises for tourists. Too bad they don't post the menu on-line! Lobstah :liplick: Yum!
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/531/medium/20scansandyptcar.jpg

upthesaukee
05-05-2005, 09:37 PM
The Ouellettes do not run the restaurant. I believe it's the Damon's that run the restaurant and "lease" the building from the Ouellette family. May explain why the menu is not on the website.

ghfromaltonbay
05-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Walter & Jeanne Damon run the restaurant and lease the business from the Ouellette family. I don't know if the Damons ever considered adding the menu or creating their own website for the restaurant. I'll ask them when I see them (they're our next door neighbors May - Oct). Maybe they feel they don't need to advertise online considering the crowds they get all season.