PDA

View Full Version : Dillinger's in Moultonborough

cjs
01-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi,

Dillinger's is closed with sale pending on their sign, does anyone know what happened? Will the Dillinger's owners open another restaurant locally? Does anyone know what the new owners will be opening there?

Thanks in advance, very sad as their steak tips were so yummy!

lucknow98
01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
The rumors I've heard are that the Owners of Dillingers are getting out of the business. The Restaurant will be opening under new ownership in the spring. I've heard the name will be: "The Black Snout Tavern"

Have you tried the Steak Tips at Buckey's? They are much better than the ones Dillingers offered.

BlackCatIslander
01-25-2007, 12:25 PM
We ate there once about two years ago. The marinara sauce was terrible and the rest of the food was such that we said we would never go back. We usually give a restaurant two or three tries but we decided once was enough.

jniff101
01-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Well myself and my friends are quite bummed about the closing. It was a nice place to go to hang out and have some apps. hopefully the new place will be even better because I hate to say it but there was room for improvement.

skisox24
01-29-2007, 08:55 PM
I say good riddance. My wife and I visited Dillinger's for lunch one Sunday about a year and a half ago. It was early Spring and there were few customers. My wife ordered a Cobb salad. It was quite ordinary, but our exptectations were not great, so no great disappointment! As my wife progressed through her salad her fork discovered a toothpick in the midst of the lettuce. She immediately lost her appetite. I encouraged her to bring this discovery to the attention of the waitress, who had already identified herself as the manager.

Incredibly the manager didn't flinch a moment upon being told of this breach of restaurant etiquette and food hygeine. In fact, she went on the offensive, questionning why we would even express any concern over what to her was an obvious inadvertant error. She showed no concern at all at our reaction to this foreign object in our food. We paid our bill and promised never to darken their steps again.

SALTYDOG
02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
what will Dillinger's be next? I think it's a great location. Anyone know anything about this? Who bought the the building will it stay a restaurant?:liplick: