PDA

View Full Version : New Restaurant next to Lowes in Gilford

obie
12-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Does anyone no what the BIG SECRET is about the building being constructed next to the new Lowes? Is that where Olive Garden is going????????????

SALTYDOG
12-31-2006, 08:25 AM
I think that will be the new papa ginos! Thats what the old manager was saying when I ran into her!

mrylmbt
12-31-2006, 10:10 AM
I think it will be more than papa ginos. I heard it will be a new movie theater to replace the one that got torn down and there will be 2 restaraunts.
they say that the gilford theater will be torn down and that strip mall will be where the new hanafords is moving too..

Mickomally
12-31-2006, 12:54 PM
I think it will be more than papa ginos. I heard it will be a new movie theater to replace the one that got torn down and there will be 2 restaraunts.
they say that the gilford theater will be torn down and that strip mall will be where the new hanafords is moving too..

That building I believe they are talking about is waaaaay to small to be a theatre. As for a new theatre in Gilford, I havent heard a thing (and I travel in those circles). Theatres take up alot of room and parking, so a new theatre would need alot of space.
Besides, The Gilford 8 seems to be doing okay.:D

Weirs guy
01-02-2007, 05:50 PM
That building I believe they are talking about is waaaaay to small to be a theatre. As for a new theatre in Gilford, I havent heard a thing (and I travel in those circles). Theatres take up alot of room and parking, so a new theatre would need alot of space.
Besides, The Gilford 8 seems to be doing okay.:D

I hadn't heard about a new theatre from the previous ones management or through the grapevine, and based on Nadia's silence in a previously posted question to her I'd guess the olive garden is going to replace her restaurant.

I love these rumor games, can't wait to see what we really get!:D

jetskier
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I hadn't heard about a new theatre from the previous ones management or through the grapevine, and based on Nadia's silence in a previously posted question to her I'd guess the olive garden is going to replace her restaurant.

I love these rumor games, can't wait to see what we really get!:D

The building is definitely too small to be a theater. It appears to be a restaurant based upon the design of the building. There was no signage up this past weekend...so it remains a mystery.

Nadia did respond on a different thread that the Olive Garden rumor is fictitious...do a search and you will find it.

Jetskier:cool:

Weirs guy
01-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Nadia did respond on a different thread that the Olive Garden rumor is fictitious...do a search and you will find it.

DOH! Thats what I get for staying away last week.

mrylmbt
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
That building is not to small for a movie theater. gilford cinema is no bigger than that, and they have 8 rooms in it. the theater that use to be there was about the same size. it might look small from the road but drive up to it and it's bigger than you think. it looks small because lowes is so big. but it might not be a movie theater I 'm just going buy what the contractors doing the work are telling me.;)

Mickomally
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
That building is not to small for a movie theater. gilford cinema is no bigger than that, and they have 8 rooms in it. the theater that use to be there was about the same size. it might look small from the road but drive up to it and it's bigger than you think. it looks small because lowes is so big. but it might not be a movie theater I 'm just going buy what the contractors doing the work are telling me.;)

I can assure you it is indeed to small to be a modern theatre. The ceiling height isn't there (for a projection booth), and the square footage isn't enough for a new theatre construction (when is the last tim you heard of a company building a small theatre).
I actually went over today and drove around it because the rumors peaked my interest. It's also in the wrong configuration for a theatre (not enough exits etc.). I work in the cinema industry, and it just doesnt ring true to me.
I will double check though, who knows stranger things have happened.
In another post I had heard it will be a Papa Gino's, and I think thats more likely. If it is a theatre, I'll find out soon and let you all know!

Gatto Nero
01-03-2007, 10:40 AM
It's definitely a Papa Gino's. My wife's company is doing the tile and brick work.

jetskier
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
It's definitely a Papa Gino's. My wife's company is doing the tile and brick work.

There was a Papa Ginos in the strip mall on site (that they tore down). My guess is that they only moved temporarily based upon the construction.

Thanx for clearing up the mystery! Of course, it could be the world's first iPod movie theater.:D

Jetskier:cool:

onthebay
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I was talking with a friend who is a realtor in the area who says the the building being finished is a Papa Ginos but there is room for one more building in the plaza. He says this will be an Olive Garden.
If you notice the sign there is room for two smaller stores below the Lowes.

SteveA
01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I drove into the site one day last week.... looks to me that they have a layout for at least one more building to the left of the Papa Gino's. (As you're facing the Papa Gino's)The area is unpaved and all sorts of conduit and what looks like plumping fixtures sticking out of the bare, unpaved area.

Maybe that's the Hannaford?... it looks like a very large footprint, much bigger than the lot size the Papa Gino's is on.. :confused:

callmeD
01-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks, Steve, for the update! See you Sunday - go Pats!!!!!!!!!!

Sunbeam lodge
01-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Does anyone knowWhen will Lowes Open?

mrylmbt
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
they are opening January 20th...

MaidenCove07
04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Anyone know if this restaurant is complete and if so, what is it?
I heard Papa Gino's has Made a push for more stores in the Lakes Region...

Paugus Bay Resident
04-06-2007, 04:25 PM
It's been open for over a little over a month.

RLW
04-06-2007, 04:46 PM
It's been open for over a little over a month.
Just a simple little ole question. What has been opened. I notice the question two below asks if it was a Papa G's. Is it???? :)

AC2717
04-06-2007, 06:20 PM
it is a Papa Gino's kinda weird inside though has wooden tables and not a papa ginos like I remember, it is a little modern:rolleye2:

michael c
04-06-2007, 07:32 PM
It is,indeed, a Papa Gino's and it is very ,very busy !!!

:)

Paugus Bay Resident
04-06-2007, 07:43 PM
If I recall, I read an article in the Citizen that said that it was the highest grossing opening day in Papa Gino's history.