PDA

View Full Version : Mame's

LadyJane
11-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Has anyone been to Mame's lately? I don't see any comments about that restaurant. I'm going to be in Meredith next week and am looking forward to dining out. I am also thinking about going to Canoe's or the Woodshed.

Mickomally
11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Has anyone been to Mame's lately? I don't see any comments about that restaurant. I'm going to be in Meredith next week and am looking forward to dining out. I am also thinking about going to Canoe's or the Woodshed.

I am not the biggest fan of Mame's, and would avoid it if I were you.
Canoe on the other hand is nice.
I'd suggest Abondonte on main street in Meredith!:liplick:

mets3007
11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
I went into Mame's to look at the menu and I wasnt wearing a collared shirt they didnt say anything but they tried to get us to go to the bar area lol, the menu is nothing to brag about but I dont know about quality. We went to the Antler up the road and the food was good but its more like a bar atmosphere even though the bar is seperate from the dinning room which is small but not too small.

jlrm73
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Definitely try Abondante on Main Street! Haven't been to Mame's in a couple of years, but we go to Abondante at least once a month!
DEEEE-licious!!!!:liplick:

Mickomally
11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
If you're looking for a good lunch I'd also suggest Waterfall Cafe in the Mill Falls Marketplace.

Georges Diner for breakfast (if you can find a place to sit they are so busy)
Waterfall Cafe for lunch
and Abondante for dinner
is what I'd call the perfect Meredith dining experience
They get ther Meredith native (Me...born and bred) stamp of approval!

Pineedles
11-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I would definitely recommend Canoe and as far as the Woodshed is concerned I have been going there for over 10 years and they are consistent with their food and service, both good.

The only complaint I have is that many many years ago they had a plague on the wall for the most oysters eaten with a meal, with a men's and women's total. My wife saw the record eaten and beat both records with a total number eaten of 101. The next season The Woodshed claimed that the placard had been stolen and hence my wife's record was not displayed. I spent BIG BUCKS on the meal and I wanted to see her name "in lights" but it was not to be. Oh well... BTW the myth was also busted that night.:laugh:

boat_guy64
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
We ate at Mames several times this summer. The food was always good but the service was a little slow at times. Overall, we kept going back because we always found something good and so did our kids.

LadyJane
12-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. I'm looking forward to being back in the area again this week. :)

The Big Kahuna
12-05-2006, 09:39 PM
I have been to Mame's several times, have never had a bad meal. Service has always been good. The attmosphere is great, give it a try. Yes the Canoe is great and so is the Woodshed, but you can count on Mame's also.

phoenix
12-07-2006, 01:01 PM
agree we went there at the end of the summer and we had very good meals. Wouldn't rank with woodshed or Kevin's but worth a trip

Resident 2B
12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
We have been to Mame's several times this summer. We have always had a great experience: very good food, excellent service, timely seating and a fun time.

I would recommend Mame's without question. An excellent place to eat!

R2B

sunrise
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
We went to Mames his weekend for the first time. We had a large crowd and ordered every thing from pasta's, prime rib, chicken and seafood. They had a great kids menue. (I would not recommend the pizza) We often eat out and will try Mames again.

Hermit Cover
07-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Thursday nite brings a "Mexican" menu to Mame's (besides their regular menu items and specials) and Mrs. Hermit Cover and I thought we'd give it a shot and we are quite pleased that we did. The positives were that the food was pretty darn good (not as good as Maria's in San Diego, but).........there was more than enough...and it was the least expensive "mexican" we've had around the lakes region....we've had worse for more$$$ and so have you! A tostada appetizer and chips and queso ....a beef burrito and chicken enchiladas...home-made salsa....the table next to us had positve comments on their freshly-made margaritas.. Not bad Mexican for an establishment that isn't....

For a Thursday nite the place was crowded but the crowd was in Meredith for the 24 hour delayed fireworks. Might be worth a try...we'll go again.....

snowbird
07-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Four of us had an excellent lunch there a couple of weeks ago. Quality and service were good. Mame's remains one of our favorites.