PDA

View Full Version : 51 Mill Street Dining & Spirits

Nickjv5
11-18-2006, 06:02 PM
I recently stopped in for dinner at 51 Mill St In Wolfeboro. My friends and I all had fantastic dinners with exceptional service. The veal medallions with lobster raviolis were amazing. In addition to having a great meal we were also lucky enough to have stopped in on a Thursday night which is when the restaurant has live music. The music was a little softer and mellow to start with but it picked up and had customers on their feet for the rest of the night. Overall, the experience was good. Good food, good service, good atmosphere, good music.

The Big Kahuna
11-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Been there over the summer a few times for lunch. Great experience each and every time.

RGA645
01-23-2007, 01:09 PM
I had the kangaroo special there last Saturday night and it was very good,nice to try something out of the norm on a cold winter night.

Mee-n-Mac
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I had the kangaroo special there last Saturday night and it was very good,nice to try something out of the norm on a cold winter night.

We were there with friends that night as well ! (you must have been the only other people there) They had an Australian wine & dinner that Fri and so had lot's of 'roo left as a special. None of us tried it though. I will say I've only had 1 bad meal there and 1 occasion with poor service and many, many other times when it's been very good. Highly recommended.

jniff101
01-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I have not yet been to 51 yet, How does it compaire to the old Loves Quay?

secondcurve
01-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Jniff101:

I'd say that the two restaurants are very comparable. 51 Mill Street is a good choice for a casual lunch burger or a slightly more formal dinner.

TomC
01-28-2007, 09:18 AM
....very quiet, only 2-3 parties there besides us from noon til 1p... They were still offering kangaroo on special... I remarked to my wife "where do you suppose they get kangaroo"? as I don't imagine ordinary restaurant suppliers like Sysco get much call for it. My 10 year old son piped up "Austrailia...."

secondcurve
01-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Tom:

I have to imagine that the lack of snow is hurting restaurants like 51 Mill Street. If it doesn't snow soon, that Kangaroo plate is going to be replaced by something more inexpensive like Winnipesaukee squirrel!