PDA

View Full Version : Lake View Motel Restaurant Wolfeboro

Tir Na Nog
10-05-2006, 02:24 PM
I understand that the Lake View motel on N. Main Street in Wolfeboro has a restaurant, but I have not seen any comments on it here in Forums. Anyone care to give a review for breakfast or dinner? Thank you.

Coolbreeze
10-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I have heard that recently they are pretty good. The only negitive...if it is one...is that they attract a more mature (old) crowd. I'm in my thirties and had a great meal the last ime we were there. Plus it is a fun place to stay...very New Englandy especially in the fall.

20mile
02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
My wife and I and another couple dined at the Lake View last fall and were not happy with the food. The service was OK but the food terrible. We still joke about today. We think they were trying to get too fancy with the preparation. The flavors were overpowering and did not work well together.
In addition, we thought it was a bit pricey.

The poor food and priceyness was enough to keep us away from from another try.

secondcurve
02-09-2007, 06:38 AM
I haven't been there in several years due to the atmosphere...it is straight out of the fifties. There are better choices in Wolfeboro and certainly around the lake.

arthurc
02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
We were there about 7-8 years ago. It was great. Took some friends there last summer and it was lousy service and not very good food. Don't think we will return soon.

pamsy30
02-12-2007, 03:39 PM
We were there about 2 years ago and it was probably the worst experience I'd ever had at a restaurant. I ordered escargot and the toast came out half burned so I returned it, I rec'd it back with a comment to scrape off the burned parts!!! I sent it back with a request for new toast which I finally received. Then for my dinner I ordered duck and again, burned. I just told them to take it back and left Horrible experience.

Waterbaby
02-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Does anyone have a positive note about the restaurant? Just wondering......... I've never been there, but there must be some reason they are still in operation after all of these years...... :)

nj2nh
03-17-2007, 10:09 PM
We've been there several times with and without children and thought the food was good as well as the service. It does seem to have an older crowd though, but so does Hart's and that never stopped us.

Jersey Girl

beaner
03-21-2007, 09:12 AM
The Lakeview Inn has just been listed for sale. Asking price is $2.4 million.

ApS
08-28-2008, 06:45 AM
I treated guests and family to a dinner at the Lakeview Inn (Wolfeboro, opposite 201 North Main Street), having had an excellent meal there 5-6 years ago. The restaurant was nearly empty at 6PM, but we were asked if we had reservations!

That was cleared up by the time we'd adjusted two tables to fit our needs when suddenly the place filled with people! :eek: The crowd is remarkable because many locals overlook the restaurant when it's discovered that they are only open Wednesday through Sunday. Even the entry door to the restaurant is hard to find! :confused:

Even full, Lakeview was markedly quieter than other lakes region restaurants. Service was only moderately attentive, apparently due to a waitstaff deficit. The wine menu was pushed on us, although we had given a collective "no" upon the first proferring of it.

As I am now on a "low-oxalate" diet, I ordered my usual baked Haddock from the "specials" menu. (Only $9.95 for each of the six different entrées :look:).

The Haddock wasn't quite up to the excellent Haddock fare at Johnson's, but 'way better than Morrisey's Front Porch (formerly Bailey's), where I thought I'd been served a baked and battered kitchen sponge.

(Fried Haddock at Wolfe's Tavern was pretty good, and was served as the Fish & Chips entrée. Their formerly-excellent hamburger lineup has been struck from the Tavern menu by the new owners.:( )

All at our Lakeview table commented on the excellent quality of their respective dishes—all different selections, too. The breadrolls were tasty, but forced myself to a limit of one. Their bacon-cheddar mashed potatoes (new to me) were also very fine fare. The vegetables served looked good, but all were high in oxalates, so couldn't sample them. :(

To comply with my new diet, I had to selectively pick through the very fresh salad, which contained a good mix of "leafy" items.

None of us departed The Lakeview Inn hungry, and there was absolutely no room for dessert!

nj2nh
08-28-2008, 06:09 PM
The Lakeview Inn is still for sale, but the price has dropped to $1.9 million.

nj2nh

Heaven
07-19-2009, 10:21 AM
I have lived in the area for 20 years and had never been in the Lakeview, but decided to give it a try and take my mother there for their advertised Friday night "fish fry". She called in advance to verify the serving hours etc.

Not knowing the building, we drove through both entrances/parking lots before deciding to park and go in the rear "barn/function room" door, which was locked. So we traversed the walkway to the door facing the street, we could see tables through the windows, but again the door was locked. Around, on foot again, to the far side near the rooms labeled "office", and there we did find an unlocked door and a small vestibule, restaurant to the left and front desk to the right. Not a soul in sight. Dark. "Early American". Depressing.

We went to Wolfetrap and had lovely fried seafood.

mcdude
07-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Here's the webpage... LAKEVIEW INN (http://www.lakeviewinn.net/)

http://www.lakeviewinn.net/images/logo_small.jpg