PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Factory - new place in Meredith

longisland60
08-23-2006, 08:07 PM
For those of you looking for a different place within walking distance from the docks in Meredith for pizza, check out the Pizza Factory on Main Street, right across from Abondante. We happened upon this place last week while walking down Main Street and decided to try it out. The pizza was good, real good. The place isn't fancy, but is clean with tables big enough to seat a family of six.

The owner popped out to chat with us, and we got to talking a bit. He's owned restaurants in Wolfeboro and elsewhere, and he opened this place about three months ago. He mentioned that most of the customers are locals so far, and that he needs to get the word out to those (like me) who come into town by boat for dinner, ice cream, etc. I figured that the forum would be a good place to pass the word around.

Check them out next time you are in Meredith.

winniplayhouse
08-24-2006, 08:43 AM
We've been getting take-out regularly since the first week they opened. They are great! The white pizza is a big hit with our whole family. We definitely recommend Pizza Factory and hope they do well. It's a nice compromise with slightly more up-scale and diverse offerings than your typical "pizza joint" (eg. chicken teriyaki salad) while still being quick and reasonably priced. Tell them the Winni Playhouse sent you!

dpg
08-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I dunno, just something about "Pizza Factory" doesn't exactly make me want to rush to the place.:confused:

Old Hubbard Rd
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
We got a pizza and calzone there on Sunday and was not impressed at all.

imalocal
08-31-2006, 08:03 AM
I have had take-out from there several times and have really only had one good experience. However, my fiance has had several good meals. I do not care for their red sauce. It is very sweet. If you are lucky enough to have the owner make your meal, apparently you will get a better meal. I have had subs that have very little meat in them when made by other workers.

AKADQ
08-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Went out for a quick meal this past weekend and had a pizza with all the works :D. In previous visits I always had a good pizza for the price and even had small talk with the owner. This time was different, I didn't recognize any of the employees and the pizza was disappointing at best :(.

livingonwinni
08-20-2008, 07:36 PM
We've been going to the Pizza Factory since it opened , and lately it has been very hit or miss the food is realy good or bad. I too have chatted with the owner several times ( very nice man ) and I think he's having trouble with a high turnover in employees. It happens in that kind of business. Hopefully he will work it out.

dpg
08-21-2008, 05:48 AM
We've been going to the Pizza Factory since it opened , and lately it has been very hit or miss the food is realy good or bad. I too have chatted with the owner several times ( very nice man ) and I think he's having trouble with a high turnover in employees. It happens in that kind of business. Hopefully he will work it out.

No, hopefully he's reading this forum!

Shore Driver
08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
That'll be a tough gig with Guiseppe's right there. Does he offer a contrast, like say Deep dish Chicago style?