PDA

View Full Version : Moulton Farms Corn

SAMIAM
08-13-2006, 06:25 PM
The moment we've all been waiting for....local corn is here. I actually plan family gettogethers around this delicious treat. Twice this week I've bought a dozen ears and had family over for (what does it matter) steak,BBQ,seafood.....the corn is the entree.
John Moulton prides himself on the fact that his corn is picked fresh as you enter his farm stand........you have to dodge the kids dumping corn as you try to fill your bag.
I'll tell you a little secret,though.......John and I disagree on this.I've actually forgotten a few ears of corn in the bottom of my fridge and fished it out a week or two later.....and it was JUST AS GOOD.
Also,left over cooked corn comes back real nice in the microwave.
But what do I know?

jerseyonbear
08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Have to agree with you on that one. We had their corn mid week and it was delicious. Jersey produce is hard to beat but this was exceptional, sweet as sugar.

Pepper
08-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Looks like part of my "day off" this Tuesday will be spent making a trip to Moulton Farm for a heap of fresh corn! :D :D :D :D

dpg
08-14-2006, 05:48 AM
I too swing by the farm off rte 25 often when I'm in the area. Just one question, is the little stand on rte 3 heading towards the Weirs (just before the Tamarack) on the same side the same owner? If I'm not mistaken isn't that one called Moulton farm also?

Phew, did you catch all that??:emb:

imalocal
08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
I too swing by the farm off rte 25 often when I'm in the area. Just one question, is the little stand on rte 3 heading towards the Weirs (just before the Tamarack) on the same side the same owner? If I'm not mistaken isn't that one called Moulton farm also?

Phew, did you catch all that??:emb:

Yes, Moulton's bought that a couple of years ago.

mcdude
08-31-2006, 03:57 PM
.... I cruised by the other day and I think the sign says "Moulton's Long Ridge Farm".???

PS - Welcome imalocal!

Old Hubbard Rd
08-31-2006, 11:00 PM
The route 3 farm I believe is run by the Moulton Family although is owned by the Town of Meredith via a conservation easement or something like that. The easement was put in place a couple years ago I think.