PDA

View Full Version : Pepper's lobster rolls

Lin
06-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi Pepper!! It was great to see you again this year and yes those Lobster Rolls were gone in seconds, lol. They were extremely great!! We had such a wonderful time with you. My mom was amazed that the owner took the time to sit and talk with us (even if you were like a bunny hopping up and down for all the customers coming in). She was also amazed at the size of her ham and cheese sandwich. But she thought it was one of the best she's eaten in a long time. She thoroughly enjoyed herself at your place. Once again my daughter and I were very very pleased with the lobster rolls. hmm good. thanks for such a lovely time. And best wishes for filling the bottle for the cancer fund. Such a generous person you are.

SIKSUKR
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Well,I didn't get the lobster roll but I did get the famous Pepper hug!Great seeing you again and as always the food was wonderfull.Oh, and nice to see that red money thermometer getting higher and higher.Good luck.And for those who havn't see her in person,she looks great with that buzz cut!

Pepper
06-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks Lin and Siksukr!

Lin, your Mother is adorable, and reminded me quite a bit of my own Mother! It was a great treat for me to be able to visit with you so much this time! :D It was also neat to see how your daughter is growing up so fast! :eek: She's a delightful young lady!

Siksukr, as always it was great to see you and your beautiful other half! Looking forward to your next visit, and some more fun conversation! :D

To all who are helping the thermometer-style meter rise, my deepest thanks!!!!! :D

bobio
07-12-2006, 08:06 PM
This place is the best. I don't get a chance to visit too often but when I do I know that the food will be great and the service top knotch. This place should be a listed N.H. landmark.

Pepper
07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
bobio! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??????? :look:

I was starting to think that perhaps you'd moved away! Glad to see you're still here, even if you are wildly busy and don't make it down to our neighborhood often. It's been WAY too long since we've seen you, and you are way way way overdue for a Pepper hug! :D

Hope to see you sometime real soon!

Lakewinniboater
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I must admit that about a month ago.... after Pepper shaved her hair... I decided to go in to make a donation and try the lobster rolls and fried clams..... even though MY EXPANDING belly doesnt need them.

WELL.... I am now addicted and make my husband drive from Alton Bay to Weirs once a week or so!!

Great job guys....and everyone is always so pleasant. You get 5 stars from me!!

bobio
07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Pepper, Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

lfm
08-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Stgpped in for supper tonight at Waldo Pepper's and I'm quoting my son, "That lobster roll was heaven". We enjoyed our supper just as you promised us we would, and it was a pleasure to meet you this evening Pepper. Your food and service was as excellent as I expected it would be from following this forum.

Thank you Pepper,

lfm

Airwaves
08-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Pepper, I am so BRAIN DEAD!

I was up on Friday to do some work and discovered that RT 11B was torn up for sewer? work. I left Gilford went to Meredith and thought I'd stop by on the way back but bailed out and went out route 104.

I completely forgot that I could got down Paugus Bay to get to where I needed to go!

Next time I'll be there and order double (yep, I can eat double!)

Pepper
08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
lfm - so very nice to meet both you and your handsome young boy! I'm delighted that you both enjoyed your meals, and am looking forward to filling your bellies again! :D

Airwaves - I'm sad I didn't get to see you! Do me a favor. Next time you're down at the house and getting ready to go to Meredith, would you PLEASE stop by on your way north? I'd like to send a cup of you father's favorite chili with you when you go!!! ;) In the meantime, my schedule prohibits time to go see him myself, so would you pass on a huge hug from me, and a promise that I'll get there as soon as the season slows down. Thanks! :)

PS - better warn him about my hair! :eek: I wouldn't want to shock him by showing up and him not having any warning that it's all gone! Please tell him why, too, so he doesn't worry. Thanks. again! ;)

Phantom
08-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Seems this past week everyone was in to see Pepper !!

Glad I got the chance to introduce myself Pepper -- and thanks for the "Hug" :look:

p.s. -- the Lobster roll & Pizza were gone as soon as they hit the table

Macer
08-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Just wanted to also cast my vote for the lobster roll at Waldo's. It is easily the best in the Lakes region. We happily discovered this treat last year and now have to get there every few weeks for a "fix". We frequently bring guests to out place in Moultonborough and everyone has to visit Waldo Peppers for a hot lobster roll before going home. Once again, great job and I'll be sure to say Hi Pepper next time we are in.( Which will likely be very soon)

JL Girl
08-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Going to Waldo Pepper's is an integral part of any family/friend visits. They get pre-prepped so I practically have them drooling the whole way there, in great anticipation. They smile while they are there, and then I hear afterwards, "that was the best lobster roll I ever had" and "can we go back again when we come to visit you?" Eight of my family including my Mom went to Pepper's for lunch today, and, Mom and I got the Pepper "hug", along with her radiant smile and visit to our tables. The rest of my family was duly impressed, and Pepper, you really made Mom's day! I also had to pick up my 3rd copy of the Winni DVD there as I seem to end up giving mine away to my visitors. Anyway, Pepper, a nice meal and visit on a really beautiful day - what more could anyone ask for!

JG1222
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Pepper,

It was great to meet a "Forum Legend". My wife Michelle and I stopped by on Friday after a wet and rough ride on the Jet Ski to try a famous lobster roll. The food was great, and I can't believe it took me so long to try Waldo Peppers.

Thanks again.

Anyone who hasn't tried a lobster roll yet, get in there.

GWC...
08-21-2006, 09:33 PM
A Waldo Pepper's lobster sub (two double stuffed orders in one soft sub roll) with their clam plate.

Some days life is too kind. :liplick: :)

SteveA
08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
We had lunch today at Waldo Pepper's... ( it's about time we did...)

Food was wonderful.. I had the Double Stuffed Lobsta Roll and the boss (She who must be obeyed) had the Cheese steak. :)

Enough left over for suppa.. :)

Pepper hugs all around... Great Food, Great Company..

Thanks Pepper!

Old Hubbard Rd
09-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Took my very picky wife to Waldo Peppers for a Lobster Roll to satisfy a craven. See my wife is very picky and I rarely see her eating anything she really enjoys. Upon us finishing our lobster rolls she turns and say's I could eat another. Rarely ever hearing her say this I hand her $10 bucks and say go get another. It was a very rare day to see her react that way. So hat's off to Waldo Pepper. Mrs. Pepper was there and was very nice. I did suggest that they speak to the owners of Handy Landing a make a deal $$$ with them to allow Waldo customers to park at Handy Landing docks and run across the street. I know several times we wanted to stop by boat but really needed nothing at Handy Landing. Try to cut a deal with their dock. I really think it would help your business!!

carguy
09-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Last weekend when I was up to the Lake for the first time since 2000, I had a terriffic eating experience at Waldo Peppers on the Weirs Boulevard, Weirs Beach, NH. I opted for the Double Stuff (1/2 lb. lobster meat - no filler) lobster roll, and I was not disappointed. Pepper has a real nice place and the menu is full of good things to eat. Next time up, I will have to try the ribs in thich they are also noted for.

Pepper was a gracious hostess and made me feel like I was a long-time friend, when in fact that was our first meeting. If you like lobster, this is a must stop when in the Lakes Region.

jetskier
09-04-2006, 06:20 PM
We stopped in on Saturday for a lobster roll. We would have said hi, but Pepper seemed busy with paperwork and we did not want to interrupt. The food was terrific, per usual. :liplick:

Jetskier:cool:

Pepper
09-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Old Hubbard Road - indeed we would benefit from the ability to offer dock space! However, since there is only one dock available across the street, it would be a hindrance to their business if it was tied up with our customers. Perhaps if I put my thinking cap on real tight I can devise a way to make it work. Watch for smoke ... :laugh:

carguy - Not only did I thoroughly enjoy your visit, my friends at the next tables also enjoyed meeting you and chatting about "the old days"! Thanks so much for an enjoyable evening for myself and my friends!!! :D

Jetskier - I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you! :( However you are correct, I was deeply involved in paperwork which I've neglected all summer and suddenly need done NOW! :eek: I've been up to my eyeballs in bookkeeping since last weekend, and I'm finally getting caught up. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see you and your family again before the end of the season - perhaps at FFIII?????

GWC - I was busy doing said paperwork when you paid a visit recently too!!!!!!!!!!! :( That's twice you've eluded a "Pepper Hug"!!!!! One of these days ...

NHskier
09-10-2006, 08:42 PM
My wife and I had a mid-afternoon lunch at Waldo Pepper's on Saturday - our first time there. After reading some of the comments in this forum I knew we had to give the lobster rolls a try. They were excellent as was the service! And we very much enjoyed the chat with Pepper, too.

We've definitely found a new favorite stop for lobster rolls. 8^)

NHskier

SIKSUKR
09-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Yup,great to see Pepper again on Friday afternoon.Got to meet Waldo too.These two social animals sat and chated with me while I ate my sandwich.Plus,I got TWO Pepper hugs!Talk about a resturant making you feel wanted and comfortable!This is it!Thanks so much for the hospitality Pepper.

KBoater
09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok Pepper I was in Laconia today and stopped by for Lobster.

??? CLOSED ???:confused: :confused: :confused:

What are the hours?

GWC...
09-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Don't know how current the website is, but it does list Monday as being closed.

http://www.waldopeppers.com/images/MON_small_small.jpg
CLOSED

Waldopeppers website:
http://www.waldopeppers.com/intro.htm

Hours schedule:
http://www.waldopeppers.com/hours.htm

joann721
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM

I recd this message today in my email from a "friend" and I thought that
Pepper might consider it for the NEW SPRING MENU !!!!

Jo.

Pepper
10-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Consider it --- hell, I'm havin' it for dinner tonight! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell your friend to send more recipe ideas - FAST! :D

secondcurve
10-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Pepper:

How much longer are you open this season? More importantly, have you picked an opening day for 2007? Was business as strong as you hoped in 2007? I'd be curious as to your opinion of the health of the Lakes Region Consumer. Thanks!

Pepper
10-06-2006, 08:23 AM
SecondCurve - we're open until the 15th (unless the food runs out before then). Closed Monday and Tuesday. The past two Thursdays it's been so dead we've closed up after lunchtime, because it's kinda pointless to be there. :(

The season was definately not the greatest, for us or anybody in the area, really. Just not the level of tourism traffic we all hope for. We shouldn't be surprised, really. We've lost somewhere around 80 weekly-rental cottages that have been turned into condos recently. There's 80-something families that aren't vacationing in our neighborhood anymore. Plus the lake levels and weather certainly didn't make for a good boating year, and we're all dependant upon boaters!!!

There's always next year! :D

As for the date for opening in the spring, it'll be sometime in mid to late March, just like this year.

gtxrider
10-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Pepper,

Relax under the quilt for the winter! I hope to be there in June for a lobster roll:liplick:

Pepper
10-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Well gang - I've had to make a tough decision - - - we won't be staying open until the 15th after all.

A careful review of the numbers has convinced me that it's time! ;) So, tomorrow will be our last day for the 2006 season. As much as I'd love to stay open longer, it just doesn't make sense to do so this year. :(

So, all those wishing to indulge in one last lobster roll will need to hurry! :eek:

Thanks so much to all of you who make it so much fun to serve you! :D

GWC...
10-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Well gang - I've had to make a tough decision - - - we won't be staying open until the 15th after all.

A careful review of the numbers has convinced me that it's time! ;) So, tomorrow will be our last day for the 2006 season.

Super Bummer...

Pepper
10-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Super Bummer...

My sentiments, exactly! :( Wish it were otherwise, for sure!

Island Girl
10-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Get your last Waldo Pepper's fix today..... come on people... give Pepper a grand closing... eat up what remains of the food...

We celebrated Island Sib's birthday there last night... Wonderful lobster rolls...

Get out there and support our Favorite Forum Restaurant!! (just my humble opinion)

IG

Captain Bob
10-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Kind of like life - I figured I had lots of time to make it to Walso Pepper's (I've never been) - now I find out it's today, or next year! Don't know if we'll be making the drive up! Anyway, I did meet Pepper at FFIII and got my first Pepper Hug - so have a great off-season, Pepper, if I don't make it up.

Captain Bob

mcdude
10-08-2006, 08:41 AM
We celebrated Island Sib's birthday there last night... Wonderful lobster rolls...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISLAND SIB!! :D

Quilt Lady
10-08-2006, 10:42 AM
It must have been that rowdy bunch last night that made you decide to close.:laugh: The Babes On Sleds (with boys) were celebrating our newest member and making merry. Did you notice how quickly we left after the Laconia police showed up?:eek:

Enjoy your busy "off season"! Plan on riding with us this winter. You may not make the age requirement but being so "Totally Cool" and such a "Hot Babe", we'll grant you an associate membership.:D

Thanks for all the great food and warm hugs! See you next year!!

pmj
10-08-2006, 05:58 PM
We sailed to Weirs Beach today and docked. I had to ask a stranger for directions to Waldo Peppers. He looked at me like I had 3 heads but graciously gave me directions. We walked over and I had 3 pleasures...probably the best lobster roll (double stuffed) I have ever had:liplick: ...and we spend a LOT of time in Maine, an awesome homemade cookie and best of all was meeting Pepper herself. What a gracious lady. I am so glad we made it before the last call of the day!

Truly nice to meet you, Pepper!:) Enjoy your off season!

pmj

IslandSib
10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
:laugh:
Sorry for everyone who missed out on their last of the season lobsta roll.:liplick:
The lobsta rolls were delicious, the company was great, the hugs the best!!!
For those who missed out, you are going to have to wait til next year!
I know you've heard that before:emb: :emb: :emb: :emb:

upthesaukee
10-08-2006, 09:43 PM
We celebrated Island Sib's birthday there last night...

It must have been that rowdy bunch last night that made you decide to close. Did you notice how quickly we left after the Laconia police showed up?:eek:

As one who can attest to the rowdiness, albeit as an uninvited one, it was quite a sight to see the unofficial forum group in the back of the room (Pepper wouldn't let them sit anywhere else....:D )

As my wife and I got there, the gifts had been given out, and the party was winding down, or so it seemed. And then the police showed up.

Who was it that was looking for the officer's "boom box"...could it have been invited guests by Pepper, in celebration of the birthday gal...:eek:

Well, we'll never know 'cause all of a sudden there were 8 people running out of Waldo Pepper's like they had an appointment to be on America's Most Wanted.

Anyway, the mini fest / birthday party was fun, the food was great, thanks to Waldo and Pepper for everything they do, and enjoy your time off. It's well deserved.:cheers: