PDA

View Full Version : Pine View in Tuftonboro

jceria
06-14-2006, 11:32 AM
A few weeks ago, we were on vacation on the lake. Took a ride all the way to Lee's Mills from Wolfeboro. We had stopped to gas at Melvin Bay Marina (I think) I noticed the sky darkening quickly, decided NOT to try to OUTRUN the impending storm (I have a 18' pontoon boat w/ 25 hp, 11mph @WOT)
The gas dock was closing shortly, they let us tie up there and suggested running for cover to the Pine View Motel and Restaurant just up the road on rte 109, so we did!

Nice little place... great food, great service. We stayed there about 2 hours while waiting for the storm to pass.
Just recently open this Spring. Nice out of the way, romantic little place.

Just Wonderin
08-07-2006, 06:58 AM
The Pine View has one of the best breakfasts we've had in the area! It's excellent and reasonably priced. I'd highly recommend it. The owners have really done a great job in creating a new place to dine!

Zee
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
We live about 2 miles down the road from the Pineview and were really pleased to see a restaurant open up, especially for breakfast. The closest breakfast spots are Wolfeboro (pricey) and Moultonborough (Country kitchen is hard to beat but crowded). We have been to Pineview twice for breakfast and have been very disapointed. The food is pretty good but the coffee is weak. The problem we had is that both times it took 25-30 minutes to get our breakfast once it was ordered. After the first visit, we figured they would work out the bugs and things would improve but it didn't. During both visits we overheard several patrons complaining about the long wait. The dining room was not crowded either time so they should have been able to handle the meals that were ordered. The wait staff was very apologetic.

I hope they can work out the problems or they won't survive off-season. The locals will probably avoid the place. We will probably give it one more try in another month. :confused:

20mile
01-18-2007, 08:41 AM
I live in tuftonboro and visit the restaurant every week. I have never been disappointed. They have a great breakfast and lunch and dinner too. It is in a very convenient location. The owners have lake access, so if we ever get snow the restaurant is accessible by snowmobile. It is a great place to have a couple of cocktails and appetizers after work.

secondcurve
01-18-2007, 06:39 PM
It's possible that Zee caught them when they were still working out the kinks. I don't live too far from there, so I'll give them a try soon.

Grant
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Great folks, and they've put a huge effort into renovating the pub/dining area. I stayed there a few times during the fall & winter last year when the construction was underway. A friend of my dad's eats there regularly. I had a very nice breakfast there. Hoping to get up there in the next few weeks for the mid-winter fix.

Knomad
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
We've had breakfast, lunch and dinner there a number of times. It's good food at a reasonable price. It's not Kevin's or Garwoods, but you leave satisfied and haven't emptied your wallet.

jeffk
01-28-2007, 09:17 PM
My wife and I dropped by for breakfast today (first time there) and enjoyed our visit. The dining area is nice and we didn't wait long for our food. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful. We asked to look over their dinner menu and saw a lot of meals that we would be interested in. They also have take out pizza available and we look forward to trying that out. Sometimes we like to go out after dinner at the house for a drink and dessert and the Pine View will be added to our list for doing this.

Grant
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
This past weekend, my dad and I ate at the Pine View's "Pine Cone Cafe" on both Saturday and Sunday evenings, and it was excellent. And we can't be the only ones who think so, because the place was FULL on both nights. Great service, menu, atmosphere. Highly recommended!

tis
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
We like it and haven't heard of one person who doesn't. They must be doing something right!

secondcurve
09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I've been there too. It is a really good spot. The take out pizza is excellent as well. They certainly are doing something right since the last time I was in there my wife commented that the swinging door in and out of the kitchen was a little tricky given the traffic flow. The bartender agreed but said it wouldn't be a problem much longer as the owner is going to expand the dining area into the kitchen and relocate the kitchen in the off season.

Grant
09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
They probably sold 8 take-out pizzas while we were there. Good sign.

Who makes that Loon ale????

Great fries, too.

And, if you're a Pats fan, you'll be in good company there.

Dave M
09-21-2007, 09:37 AM
On the Bizer map it shows some Public parking for boats. Is this still the case and how many spots are there. Has anybody gone there by boat? Would like to try Pine Cone's for breakfast.
Bizer, if there is parking you may want to add this to your list of eating places by boat.

Dave M

GWC...
09-21-2007, 01:16 PM
On the Bizer map it shows some Public parking for boats. Is this still the case and how many spots are there. Has anybody gone there by boat? Would like to try Pine Cone's for breakfast.
Bizer, if there is parking you may want to add this to your list of eating places by boat.

Dave M
The first post should answer you query...

A few weeks ago, we were on vacation on the lake. Took a ride all the way to Lee's Mills from Wolfeboro. We had stopped to gas at Melvin Bay Marina (I think) I noticed the sky darkening quickly, decided NOT to try to OUTRUN the impending storm (I have a 18' pontoon boat w/ 25 hp, 11mph @WOT)
The gas dock was closing shortly, they let us tie up there and suggested running for cover to the Pine View Motel and Restaurant just up the road on rte 109, so we did!

Google map of general area... (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=462+Governor+Wentworth+Highway,+melvin+village,+ nh&sll=43.69134,-71.31324&sspn=0.294913,0.606995&ie=UTF8&ll=43.687938,-71.303415&spn=0.004608,0.009484&t=k&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=0)

secondcurve
09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
GWC

There is conflicting data in this posting string. In the first post, it states the diners tied up at the Melvin Village Marina at closing time and were allowed to stay due to the weather (probably not likely that this access could be duplicated again). In a subsequent post, it states that the owners of the diner have lake access. Can someone please clarify the Pine Cone's lake access for patrons?

Thanks!!

VitaBene
09-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I have stopped at the Pine Cone a few times and have enjoyed my meal each time. Dave and Sheila have put a lot of hard work into the place! They are great people!

Dave M
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Went by boat to find the Public parking so we could eat at Pine Cone Cafe last Sunday. Here's what I found. There is a dock at a common beach. It is a 60' crib filled with rocks,sand with some grass that goes out to a 35' square deck that needs some work. On one side of crib and deck is a common beach thats roped off. You can use the front and other side of the deck and the other side of the crib. You can park 2 or 3 boats along the crib. I docked on the crib that had the pillars. Don't know how busy the dock gets during season but there was nobody there when we arrived. I verified with the town it was the public dock yesterday. To get the dock you head towards Melvin Village Marina, look to the left(looking at Marina) and there will be a 2 bay boat house(white). To the right of that is a fancy stone wall. Head for the stone wall and you will see the dock. Its shown on the Bizer map.
It is a mile walk to Pine Cone Cafe through Melvin Village. From the dock you walk up a small road and take a right on main st.(Rt109). Not very far for us to walk plus it was a nice fall day. Got to the Cafe at 11:00am or so. It has tables in front and in back with a bar in the middle. We sat out front. The place filled up right after we got there. Place was clean, wife checked out the restroom and found it very clean. We both had the Eggs Benedict and the meal was good but thought the beans and potatoes were just OK. Would go back though. Looked at the lunch menu and might try it if we have time. It looked interesting.

Enjoy

Dave M

tis
10-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, after posting about how much we have enjoyed the Pine Cone, we decided to go there for lunch Sunday. It was 10 of 12 and the waitress said they were still serving breakfast and would be until 12. She said they always have a very big breakfast crowd. We decided to wait, it wasn't that long. About 4 of 12, she came back and said they were running a little later than usual and wouldn't be starting to serve lunch until 12:15. We still said we would wait -( by the time we drove somewhere else, it would be 15 minutes.) She then said they really wanted the table for serving breakfast. One of our party said: "So you are saying you want the table and want us to leave?" She said she did. So we got up and left. I must say it left a very bad taste in our mouths. If they had a line waiting for breakfast, I could understand it, but there was no line at all. I guess there is a first for everything in your life!

sa meredith
10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Are you kidding me???? It happened just the way you explained it? That's awful. There are several ways that could have been handled it, but clearly they hoped you would not wait when they said it would be 15 minutes. Shame, shame. Service industry just doesn't "get it" sometimes.

NHKathy
10-10-2007, 12:37 PM
OK, I am confused - is this thread discussion mentioning 2 different places or 1? :confused:
When the thread starts, the place is called the Pine View Inn; later in the more recent posts, it is mentioning Pine Cove Cafe. Are they 2 different places getting mixed up in the same thread? Or is it the same place and people are going by 2 different names??
Just curious... :look:

Dave M
10-10-2007, 01:37 PM
NHKathy, Pine Cone Cafe is the restaurant at Pine View Inn.

Dave M

NHKathy
10-10-2007, 08:24 PM
well,that makes sense!
thanks Dave M! :)