PDA

View Full Version : My annual mid-April Tour of the lake

Island Girl
04-16-2004, 11:04 PM
April is the time we always got a little anxious to see how the ice out was advancing so we came to the lake min-April each year. We usually just went to Glendale, Ames Farm, Rattlesnake Landing, Minge Cove and Alton Bay.

Today I did the annual tour, but added a few sites. Paugus Bay, The Weirs, Meredith, Center Harbor, Trexlers, Jonathan's Landing, Harilla's Landing, Partrician Shores, Glendale, Lincoln Park, and more. I am uploading to PhotoPost for safe keeping but you can see them now on my smugmug site. Sorry I did not have time to describe the locations. You can add a comment to the pictures if you know where it is. You can also control whether it is a slide show or thumbnails on which you can click.
http://islandgirl.smugmug.com/gallery/100182
http://islandgirl.smugmug.com/photos/3528720-M.jpg

Today was an incredibly beautiful day for picture taking.

Senter Cove Guy
04-17-2004, 07:46 AM
I just took the tour and it was awesome. Thanks. Two weeks and I'll be there. :)

Janet
04-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Great pictures!!!!! Thanks for all your great pictures throughout the year. Helps us lake lovers from Texas get our fix!

Winnisquam Guy
04-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Excellent tour. As always, your photos are wonderful. I especially liked the fisherman sitting on the dock, it reminds me of my grandfather and his early season obsession of fishing as soon as the ice moved out a few feet from the shore. Does anyone remember dipping for smelt? We used to do that on winnisquam and had a blast. late night fish fries and the occasional pickeral, salmon or bass chasing our smelt. :) i am still in the running for ice out

Rattlesnake Gal
04-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Great pictures! Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

DRH
04-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Thanks, IG, for the excellent pictures.

Don

KBoater
04-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks for tour. I just mailed my boat registration to Concord. I only have 2 more cruises here and then heading north to start getting out on the BIG Lake.

Orion
04-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks IG for such a great service to this community. Great pictures that really tell the story of the ice. Still looks like some pretty good sheets of ice remaining, but we've got the heat coming this weekend.
Orion

mets3007
04-17-2004, 05:22 PM
I love the photos. 77 days and counting. I cant wait til I get back to the weirs. This will be my 16th year going up there. I hope for many more years since Im still in my low 20's

Silver Duck
04-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks - I really enjoyed the slide show!

Fred

RI Swamp Yankee
04-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the tour IG

Cal
04-18-2004, 08:46 AM
GREAT shots...Greatly appreciated ;)

Lin
04-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Island Girl, awesome trip around the lake. Thanks so much for posting the photos.

Hermit Cover
04-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Randy says: "Yo, IG, Dog, I loved these pics! They always great 'cause Girl of the Island, you just got it goin on, Dog! Keep it up Girl! Yo, Yo, Yo"

Paula: "Island Girl, you make me want to be a cheerleader again! I love what you do and I can tell you do, too...and all your fans are screaming for more! You have that beautiful Lake to work with and I had some beautiful Lakers to look at every day, but back to the subject. You are just the B....E....S....T!!!"

Simon: "Island Girl, These were just OK pictures as far as I'm concerned, certainly not your best..(background crowd 'boos' rain in). But I guess if you keep them coming your fans will keep looking for them and I guess that's OK.....But what do I know?? The only photo I like to see is my own."

Ryan: "Island Girl, What does Simon know?" You are a 'Winner' but we can't find out for sure til we sell some stuff. We'll be right back!" Hope you come back reall soon, too!"

C Tucker
04-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Wonderful photos. Great to see all parts of the lake as the boat is not in yet!The north end of the lake near Center Harbor is now clear of all ice. A small squall late Saturday afternoon cleared it. We saw many more fishing boats out this morning. Ice-out is almost here.

Island Girl
04-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Thank you all for your kind remarks. It is so amazing to have seen so much ice on Friday and look at the reports and webcams today and see so much water.

I hope my boat is in the water soon, because I am definitely ready to get out there!

See you all on the lake. Thank you all for your support.

Lin
04-18-2004, 06:28 PM
I have to tell you Island Girl that this is my favorite view. I grew up during the summers of my youth on Shakerjerry road out by little Ganzy Is. now I Wentworth shores. My husband and I rented a cottage for a few years on Ferry rd before we got onto Hanson Cove. I love getting back up there for that Million Dollar view. It's just the perfect mountain view in all of the United States.

Steve
04-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Tom Cat
04-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the outstanding pictures. I would be interested to know what camera you are using. Thanks

Island Girl
04-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Sony F707 5 megapixel.

Mariahman81
04-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Island Girl,

Thanks so much for your tour... so good to see so many great shots around the lake. What fantastic pics... making us all wish we were out cruizin on the lake! Thanks again, and please keep takin pics for us all to enjoy!

Mariahman81

fpartri497
04-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Sony F707 5 megapixel.

Excellent Choice Of Cameras. I Have been Using F707 Since Its Introduction Several Years Ago. Great Pictures!

fp

Island Girl
04-20-2004, 07:38 AM
I have been very happy with this camera. The blues and reds are little intense but that can be overcome easily. I was looking forward to replacing this camera with the sony F828, but the reviews of its flaws kept me away. I have considered the Rebel which does take wonderful pictures, but I am much to lazy to deal with learning all of the SLR mechanisms and to not have the option of taking pictures with the LCD viewer.

All in all I will look forward to new cameras and replacing this one when a new one catches my eye. Until then, the F707 is great.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the 707; it's always nice to hear I made a sound decision.