PDA

View Full Version : Green Dragon - Ashland

fatlazyless
12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Very recently opened, this is a new chinese restaurant in a storefront that used be home to a real estate office. The Green Dragon in downtown Ashland is located on Main St, Route 3, and is directly across from the Cumberland Farm store and next to Bob's Shurfine super market, and about four doors up from the original Common Man restaurant.

So far, I've tried it twice, ordering take-out for pickup in thirty minutes while traveling from Meredith to WV, and everything has been danged good.

My taste almost always likes the less-expensive choice on any menu. So here's what I got. For $6.35 plus 8% tax, the #54 sweet & sour chicken w/ white rice was excellent. Enough chicken in a crispy batter shell for left-overs on the next day. Very good quality, hot, and no msg aftertaste. For $5.95 plus 8% tax, the #C11 chicken w/ broccoi, choice of white or pork fried rice and one appetizer out of about 7 choices was definately yummy. I picked the egg roll cause it's easy to eat while driving.

Going two for two, the Green Dragon is batting a perfect 1000. so far, and I ain't no shill that's connected, either! Plus, by ordering it to go, I can get out of there without leaving any tip for the very attractive waitress, who was too busy running around from the tables to the kitchen to the checkout register.

fatlazyless
12-23-2005, 07:23 AM
$6.50 for a real good meal: pot of hot tea, excellent beef teriyaki on wood skewers, chicken in breaded crusts, white or pork fried rice, duck sauce, egg roll, fortune cookie...............hot & real quality & good service! Even a cheapskate like me had to leave a tip since I ate it there. Plus it's the type of a place where you don't feel like a weirdo when eating alone.

The Green Dragon-Ashland: try it-you'll like it!

SIKSUKR
12-23-2005, 09:16 AM
They don't have Chinese take-out at Wal-Mart?

Skip
12-23-2005, 09:59 AM
...Plus it's the type of a place where you don't feel like a weirdo...

Wow, if this place doesn't make you feel weird....imagine what it can do for me! ;)

Seems like it may definitely be worth the journey sometime.....:)

Merry Christmas!

Skip

dpg
01-09-2006, 11:51 AM
If FLL likes it, it's got to be good!!!:D :D :D

fatlazyless
03-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Ok, so what New Hampshire town is located at precisely the geographical center of the state? Answer: A_____d. Ok, and so what chinese restaurant is located at precisely the geographical center of this town? Answer: G___n D____n.

So, no matter where you are in New Hampshire, you should get yourself CENTERED and go to the G____ D_____ for excellent chinese dining or chinese take-out. Having opened in november, the food is always good and always yummy. It is located about one mile from exit 24 on Route 93 in the center of downtown Ashland right across from the Cumberland Farm store & gasoline. Besides the Green Dragon, other excellent and nearby Ashland restaurants include the Ashland House of Pizza, the very first & finest Common Man Restaurant, and John's Cackle & Buzz, a great breakfast place.

So, whether you are a NH wide-bottom or a skinny-minny, Ashland is definately New Hampshire's center for good eating!

SIKSUKR
03-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I was in the mighty metropolis of Ashland on Friday FLL.I needed some carrots for a potroast and was sent to (Dick's or Don's) Sure-fine store.What a great old supermarket.Reminded me of the typical supermarket of 25 years ago before the big chains took over.I was sent there by the girl working at the deli(Mountain deli?) right off the exit at I believe the Mobil station.Very, very good sandwiches by the way!!

Windrider
04-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Ate at The Green Dragon on Tuesday evening. The food was excellent!!! According to our waitress, the ownership had recently changed hands but the cooks had remained. Unfortunately their liquor license hadn't arrived yet but was expected soon. The restaurant was exceptionally clean, good service and, once again wonderful food.