PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 pink plastic tile

MWSP
11-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I am helping some older friends with a bathroom repair project and need to locate some pink plastic bathroom tiles to replace the missing ones where the old toilet was. They are 4" square and plain pink, not the marble looking ones. Any suggestions where to look? Is someone making these again to satisfy the restoration market?

ApS
11-22-2005, 05:42 PM
If you only need a few, sometimes there are spare "old" tiles covered by a new mirror or new cabinet.

(Usually, you remove the toilet tank to remove the unseen spare tiles for a shower repair. You have the opposite problem).

Plastic?

MWSP
11-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, they are plastic. The old toilet was one of those 5-gallon flush jobs and the new one is much smaller. The old tank was so close to the wall that the person who did the tile work in the 50's didn't tile behind it creating the problem.

SIKSUKR
11-23-2005, 01:47 PM
If you can't find a match,sometimes the best thing to do is to replace an area with a contrasting/complimenting tile.It can actually enhance the look if done right.

BroadHopper
11-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Maybe you can cut a piece off your pink flamingo!?!?!? :laugh:

MWSP
12-30-2005, 07:40 AM
I won an auction on Ebay for a partially used box of the EXACT same brand tiles! They just arrived last week and are a perfect match. I still cannot believe it!

upthesaukee
12-30-2005, 05:00 PM
And on the box was an advertisement for the network premiere of American Bandstand, hosted by that newcomer personality Dick Clark, with special first guest "Bill Haley & the Comets"!!!!!:D

Mee-n-Mac
12-30-2005, 07:12 PM
It never occured to me that you could find such a thing on E-bay. Now (paid forum posting included) I've seen everything :)

Merrymeeting
12-30-2005, 10:24 PM
What was even scarier for me was your original post. The home where I grew up had these tiles in the bathroom. I remember helping my dad rip them out as an early teenager.

I won't tell you how long ago that was!

:laugh: