phoenix
09-26-2005, 12:23 PM
landscapes by Tom 491-1634 did a great job for us They are in meredith

PaulS
09-28-2005, 08:47 PM
I've never heard that term before...

upthesaukee
09-28-2005, 09:27 PM
A perched beach is a beach that does not just slope down into the water, but rather would have a retaining wall and usually steps going down to the water. It doesn't have to be a high wall, and helps to prevent washouts and soil erosion.

The town beach in Alton Bay will be redone, and will be a perched beach (just got the permits and the job is going out to bid!!!!! Hooray!!!!:) )

SOMEONEGOTCHA
09-29-2005, 04:12 AM
The town beach in Alton Bay will be redone, and will be a perched beach (just got the permits and the job is going out to bid!!!!! Hooray!!!!:) )
Sounds great to hear that permits have been obtained. I thought I had heard the the beach committee had a couple of volunteers for excavating and fill work. Did that fall through?? :)

upthesaukee
09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
No, the donated materials and excavator are still available...just couldn't do anything without the permits. I am very excited to think just how picturesque that side of the end of the bay will look when complete...the Railroad Park area is so nice (west side by Shibley's at the Pier & the Community Center/Mt Wash. dock area), and to be complimented by a nice beach and park on the other side...Ah yes, back to the grandeur that was "the Bay" of yesteryear.

SAMIAM
10-09-2005, 09:25 AM
I got a bid from Tom's for some landscaping and stone work and wasn't too impressed.I don't believe he has any crew of his own,he sub-contracts everything out and adds a big commission.They all do nice work,but I got a nice job done for 1/2 the price that I was quoted.

TomC
12-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I decided to go with Watermark. i can tell you the permit process for this kind of work appears to be quite a hassle. I tried to get a bid from Lake Shore Construction (in Wolfeboro) on the personal recommendation of an aquaintance, but they never returned my repeated calls. It never ceases to amaze me that a merchant/contractor doesn't have the courtesy to call back a potential client. A 30 second "i can't take on anymore work right now" would have done it. Instead, it chaps me enough to share the story with 1000 forum readers. there's a lesson in here for businesses....

I hope to have the beach in by next summer.