PDA

View Full Version : Well Drilling Co.?

Megawatt
09-12-2005, 06:41 AM
Can anyone recommend a well drilling co. near the Alton area?

Thanks!

Paugus Bay Resident
09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
We've used Gilford Well (http://www.gilfordwell.com/)

Pepper
09-12-2005, 09:13 AM
I second the vote for Gilford Well. They are not only reliable and reputable, their equipment is kept up-to-date, their staff are highly trained and professional. They stand behind their work, and do what they promise. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services!

RLW
09-12-2005, 09:26 AM
I had what I believe to be one of the best if not the best do a well for me in Alton. The name is Tasker Well Company out of Northwood. They were a bit higher than the rest I had come to my home (about 5 companies) but the workmanship of taking care of the yard, doing the well and all of the connecting into the home was way more than my wife and I expected. Give them a call at 603-942-5581 and ask for Dan Tasker or their consultant Bud Rollins. This is one call you'll be sorry if you don't make it. After they tell you all that has to be done all you have to do is say yes or no and I'm sure it will be a yes.
Best of luck and make a call. :)

BroadHopper
09-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Gilford Well did a tremendous job, considering they had to drill on a steep hill next to almost a sheer drop. They did not bat an eyelash when we told them where we want the well drilled. The other companies gave us a 'well let's see'. :look:

jimbob1603
09-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I've had a few wells drilled and have concluded that the selection of a well driller should be based on price alone. Of course, there are exceptions: if you have special circumstances, are not into 'do-it-yourself' pump installation, and don't want to deal with the mess after they leave.

A drilled artesian-well is just a hole in the ground with some casing. They can't screw it up. The worst a bad driller can do is drop their drill rod .... and thats his problem. Whether or not the well can produce water is not a reflection of hole quality. Remember, location & depth of hole are YOUR decision, not the driller's.

Fracturing, pump installation, filters, trenching, etc are another story. Skill, experience, craftsmanship & warranty come into play here; ask around, check out previous jobs. J

RLW
09-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Well, it's a bit more than JUST a hole in the ground. I have heard of a local company that had to go back to many customers as they did not seal the casing into the bed rock properly (cause has been said being in a rush to finish up) which this condition allows contamination into the well from surface water.

jimbob1603
09-13-2005, 07:39 AM
I agree that a poor seal between casing & bedrock is a major problem. I guess every industry has its share of unscrupulous members. But, I'll still take my chances and base my 'well purchases' on price.

texas chopper
09-13-2005, 07:46 AM
We used James Gray water wells. They did a fantasic job and charged what was quoted. They are in Gilford. Good luck.

Salmo
09-18-2005, 10:27 AM
I also had a good experience with Tasker's Well. Their consultant (Bud Rollins) is a real straight shooter who will research the other wells nearby, give you an accurate estimate of how deep and whether a hydrofracture will be needed. They also will quote you on pumps, wire, pipe, pressure tanks that are top quality and equal or greater than is needed for the required depth. Too many other drillers will skimp on this stuff as it adds to the cost of the well and they are trying to keep the quotes as low as possible. Tasker's will be more expensive, but I know I have the best well in my area (compared against State Well reports) for volume, as they did an excellent job with the hydrofracture proccedure. They are one of the few drillers who hydrofracture themselves, not sub-ing it to a contractor. Thus, they really do it well as they want you to be happy with the well......