PDA

View Full Version : Sawyers

tricia1218
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I heard from a local, this past weekend that when Sawyers closes on Labor Day they will not be opening in 2006? I hope this is only a rumor.

fmgate
08-29-2005, 04:37 PM
The Sawyer family is indeed seeking to sell. One prospective buyer is Irving, who hopes to construct a gas station/convenience store. That deal may have fallen through. The latest I heard is that Jordan's Ice Cream of Belmont may, in fact, be the new prospective buyer. In addition, they may seek to keep the establishment mostly "as is", but keep it open longer (Easter to Thanksgiving). All of this is rumor, of course, with no verification as of yet.

Aquadeziac
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
When I came home yesterday afternoon the family was there doing their normal Labor Day chores: Putting the pink plywood over the screens, pulling all the kitchen appliances out in the parking lot and steam cleaning them. "Thank You for a Great Summer" signs in the windows. Doesn't seem like they would do all that work if they were outta there. I think a problem with Irving would be the wet-lands constraint in the rear. Lets just hope that if they don't come back, at least maybe it will stay a quaint little snack-bar. I will miss them.

Just Sold
10-27-2005, 07:30 AM
It was very sad to see the For Sale sign in front of Sawyer's yesterday. It is now 2 months since it went on the market and it has not gone under contract yet.
http://ambiance.qti.net/nhdetail.asp?lid=223567

I would like to see someone buy it and keep it open vs a gas station as was rumored a while back.

Rattlesnake Gal
10-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Roger Amsden from The Weirs Times (http://www.weirs.com/) did a great piece on Sawyer's.
You can read it online from their archives. September 29, 2005. (http://www.weirs.com/archivetest.htm)

tricia1218
10-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Great Article! And I was glad to read they will not be replaced by a convenient store. I hope to be visiting Sawyers in the summer of 2006.

Just Sold
10-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks RG for the link to the article. A great read and I too am glad to hear they want the tradition continued.

We have an ice cream place, Memories in Kingston, down our way in an old dairy farm, which was sold a couple of years ago and the new owners are continuing the business just the way it always has been done. So I hope the Sawyers find a similar buyer for their place and the traditions will continue there too.

itchin for fishin
08-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I need a good frappe. Is Sawyers still open? What are their hours?
Thanks.

Aquadeziac
08-30-2006, 08:57 PM
I was just by there tonite and they are still open. Means Labor Day weekend is the end for them. They are open till 9pm. Thought they were closing last weekend so the kids could go back to school but was surprised to see them open tonite.

Airwaves
08-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I noticed they moved the "for sale" sign off to the side of the building when they opened for the season, have they sold it yet?

imalocal
08-31-2006, 08:06 AM
As far as I know, they are still looking for someone to buy the place and keep it as a restaurant. They will even sell the recipes to a buyer who will keep the restaurant open. I think maybe I will have to have a lobster roll tomorrow before they close for the season :liplick:

GWC...
09-02-2006, 10:23 AM
This weekend is last-call for your Sawyer-fix, with Sunday being their last day of the 2006 season.

Lobster roll, clam plate, and frozen pudd'n - yum! :liplick:

Labor Day, Monday, will be too late! :eek:

MaidenCove07
04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Any official word about Sawyer's operating this summer???
Could really use a Scallop and clam plate with fabulous cole slaw, a cup of their awesome corn chowder and some Black Raspberry for desert right about now!!!
(Think I just added 5 pounds to my waistline just thinking about it!!! :liplick: )

SAMIAM
04-07-2007, 08:42 AM
I heard from one of their suppliers that they were opening as usual.

fatnoah
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I certainly hope Sawyer's remains open. I grew up in Laconia and my father passed away (at age 46) due to cancer several years ago. My family always went to Sawyer's on the weekends and it's the last place we went out to eat as a family.

Island Life
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I certainly hope Sawyer's remains open. I grew up in Laconia and my father passed away (at age 46) due to cancer several years ago. My family always went to Sawyer's on the weekends and it's the last place we went out to eat as a family.

Sorry to hear this sad news. I, too, have a very emotional connection to Sawyers. Nothing as dramatic as yours. It just stands as one of the last remaining food establishments that I can remember going to as a child. And I love that it still looks the same way I remember it looking. Now, as an adult, I look forward to our first trip to Sawyers each summer. Then I sigh all summer when my kids ask me - daily - "can we go to Sawyers?" :emb: :emb: :emb:

Resident 2B
05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Drove past Sawyer's today and there is a big sign in the window that says:

Opening
May

R2B

Woodsy
05-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Drove by Sawyers on Mother's Day.... they were open and with quite the crowd!!

Woodsy

fmgate
07-25-2007, 03:31 PM
A story of interest to those who were worried that Sawyer's would be sold and changed into a gas station or convenience store.

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070725/CITIZEN_04/107250295/-1/CITIZEN

jetskier
07-25-2007, 03:46 PM
A story of interest to those who were worried that Sawyer's would be sold and changed into a gas station or convenience store.

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070725/CITIZEN_04/107250295/-1/CITIZEN

"That and a fresh coat of pain should really breathe some new life into this long standing, thriving business."

I sure hope not. :D

Seriously, it is nice to see that Sawyer's will be around for years to come. They have become a lake tradition.

Jetskier :cool: