PDA

View Full Version : Local brewpubs or restaurants serving local beer?

sorourke
07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
We'll be staying up in the Weirs Beach area next month and I'd love a recommendation for a local-ish brewpub or a restaurant with local brews on tap. Any helpful hints, folks?

Thanks in advance.

Fishin Fool
07-25-2005, 03:14 PM
There is one in New London NH. Great food and beer,very good entertainment. We have been there on a few occasions and can highly recommend it.

http://www.flyinggoose.com/

PROPELLER
07-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Just so Sorourke knows, New London NH is nowhere near Weirs Beach. Its closer to Lake Sunapee than Lake Winnipesaukee.

BroadHopper
07-26-2005, 11:17 AM
You can always try Patrick's Pub in Gilford. They have local brew on tap. It is not really accessible by water, but I have docked at Glendale and walk down. :cheers:

ghfromaltonbay
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
How about the Stone Coast Brewing Company? Haven't been there myself, but it is listed in this websites link under Restaurants. I visited their website this winter when I was looking for places to eat that are open year-round.

sorourke
07-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the information. I did see Flying Goose and thought it looked great, until I did the math on the trip. We're looking to stay pretty local during our visit, so I was hoping for closer than the Sunapee area.

Stone Coast is another one I saw, but their site is kinda funny to negotiate (www.stonecoast.com). We'd really be looking for a pub sort of place, with a restaurant you could take a family to if you so desired. When I clicked on the link saying "Food," it shows two locations in Maine. Don't think that's what I'm looking for either. Please correct me if there is a local Stone Coast which serves food.

Patricks sounds like a nice place. Menu looks good, so we'll probably try there. I'm open to other suggestions, so please feel free to keep 'em coming!

PROPELLER
07-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Patricks is great for draft beers & good food at a reasonable price. Another good choice maybe at the Wolfboro Inn in Wolfboro. Although I have not been there for a couple years, they used to have a great Pub with many draft beers & good pub food.

I can not think of any brewery type establishments where the house brew is served on site in the Winnipesaukee area. However, I think Patricks & the Wolfboro Inn are the 2 best choices I can think of for what you are looking for.

I just thought of another, The Mug in Meredith. The food is not as upscale or good as the other 2 but it is a pub atmosphere & they have Burgers, pizza etc. Pool tables if you like to shoot pool.

upthesaukee
07-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Just west of Laconia on rte 3, literally at the intersection of Rte 3 & 11 and I93 is Kalliope's. Used to be called Olivers and has changed hands but the food is very good, and they have dining rooms and a "pub" area. Here's a link to their website: http://kalliopes.com/index.html

Have a good vacation.