PDA

View Full Version : DES Application & Meredith Conservation Commission

feb
07-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm in the process of submitting an Expedited DES Application and it requires the signature of Meredith's Conservation Commission Chairman. Has anyone gone through this before? I have absolutely no idea what the steps would be or even if the Commission does this kind of thing. I've left a vmail for the Secretary of the Commission but thought I'd inquire here as well.
Thanks.

codeman671
07-11-2005, 06:03 PM
We recently did a standard dredge and fill app in Gilford which still requires the same signoff by the Conservation Commission. Our app was simply submitted to the town with the filing fees, from there a copy was sent to the conservation commission and approved immediately with no problem.

I am sure other towns might not work as smooth and have heard that Meredith is difficult to get anything approved in general. Good luck with it!

DRH
07-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm in the process of submitting an Expedited DES Application and it requires the signature of Meredith's Conservation Commission Chairman. Has anyone gone through this before? I have absolutely no idea what the steps would be or even if the Commission does this kind of thing. I've left a vmail for the Secretary of the Commission but thought I'd inquire here as well.
Thanks.
Feb - The Conservation Commission in Alton does review Expedited DES Applications and approve/deny them as a routine part of their regular meetings. I would think Meredith's Conservation Commission probably does likewise. I believe when you file your DES Application (including the correct number of copies) with the Meredith Town Clerk, which is the required procedure, one of the copies will go to the Conservation Commission for its review. In Alton, once the Conservation Commission has approved and signed the Expedited application, the Town Clerk then forwards it on to the DES.

Gatto Nero
07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
The same is true for Meredith. I recently completed a Permit By Notification (PBN) for a seasonal dock and all I had to do was drop it off at the twom clerk and she took care of it from there.