PDA

View Full Version : Seriously - I Need Some Decent Clam Bellies!

Wing Nut
06-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Ok, I know there's a red tide thing happening, I know that clams are in short supply and the ones that are being shipped in from way down the coast aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Does anybody know where I can get some real, plump, full, deep fried clam bellies? The place needs to be accessible by boat.

I tried them at the outdoor bar at the Town Docks in Meredith last weekend and they were quite wimpy. God, I haven't had decent bellies in years since before the Dairy Maid in Center Harbor was sold. If I can't find decent clam bellies soon I may have to relocate to Idaho. :liplick:

Paugus Bay Resident
06-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Pops or Sibley's in Alton Bay

Esquire
07-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I have to go with Pops on this one.

Wing Nut
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the replies! I'll head there this weekend! Can't wait!

SAMIAM
07-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Go right back to the old "Dari Maid" in center Harbor....Whole belly canadian clams.....they are medium to small and sweet and delicious.I guarantee you'll get your fix.Paul's clams at the old place were the best,for sure, but these are right up there.

Paugus Bay Lake Girl
09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
The Lobster Pound located right in the Weirs. THE BEST!! Fresh and very affordable. We tried it this summer and where very impressed. :)

onthebay
09-13-2006, 07:43 AM
The Lobster Pound was closed the weekend before Labor Day. The sign said that their help went back to school early...

GWC...
09-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Dock your boat at the Weirs and take a short walk to WaldoPeppers.

They are doing fried clams this year. :liplick:

Map link:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&&cp=43.60001~-71.45501&lvl=14&sp=aN.43.60001_-71.45501_WALDO%20PEPPERS,%201187%20Weirs%20Blvd,%2 0Laconia,%20NH%2003246&msnurl=map.aspx?src%3dFP%26lats1%3d43.60001%26lons 1%3d-71.45501%26alts1%3d7.16667%26name%3dWALDO+PEPPERS% 2c+1187+Weirs+Blvd%2c+Laconia%2c+NH+03246%26redire ct%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US

Picture to help spot them (Da Plane, Da Plane):
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/529/medium/CJ-at-Peppers.jpg

Paugus Bay Lake Girl
09-13-2006, 12:16 PM
The Town Dock would be my second choice for Fried Clams. You can sip on a Frozen Mudslide and enjoy the view of the Lake. You can go by boat or drive. They have plenty of parking and the service is exceptional.

mets3007
09-13-2006, 01:45 PM
I think Meredith Town Docks also closes right after Labor Day too.

Newbiesaukee
09-13-2006, 02:24 PM
which I rarely do, Waldo Peppers, accessible from the dock at the Weirs ( we did it today) has great fried clams.

Janet
09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Dari Maid in Center Harbor has the best.

Cookie
09-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I also remember Barbra and Pauls wow! Great place went to the Red hill been there a few times this last visit sad to say was not so good. Maybe the end of season but everything was dirty food was cold and staff not pleasent.:(

Waterbaby
09-23-2006, 08:54 AM
I also remember Barbra and Pauls wow! Great place went to the Red hill been there a few times this last visit sad to say was not so good. Maybe the end of season but everything was dirty food was cold and staff not pleasent.:(

Cookie, are there any restaurants you DO like? Appears to me you delight in posting with negativity. I must say, I certainly wouldn't use your posts as a basis for choosing a dining establishment!

SAMIAM
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Waterbaby,good for you for exposing Cookie for the negative critic that she is.I went back on her posts and it seems that she has annointed herself as the phantom gourmet of the lakes region.Unfortunately,most of her ratings are rude and insulting.She said that the manager of Church Landing was drunk at the bar.....trashed Gilligans,Sam& Rosies,Kevins Seafood,Red Hill Dari,etc etc.
I downloaded her remarks for Michele (manager of Red Hill Dari) and she was hurt and insulted.Cookie said that the food was cold ,staff was unfriendly and the place was dirty.Michele is fanatical about cleanliness.You could eat off the floor of her kitchen.She was one of only 12 people in the state of NH who received a %100 score on her SafeServ course from UNH.
I'm guessing that her remarks were inspired by the usual clutter,spilled ice cream and paper blowing around that happens frequently at drive in restaurants that cater to families with kids on a busy summer day.
Hopefully,people will decide for themselves and not listen to Cookie's negative and hurtful remarks.

SIKSUKR
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Or perhaps Cookie is the competition,owning a local establishment?Has Cookie raved about a certain restaraunt?

SAMIAM
09-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Good point Siksukr...could be that or perhaps she's just one of those people who are always negative.

Cookie
09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
The post from SAMIAM is a little shocking being the owner of Red Hill Dairy! However let me explain what I ment from a customers eye, seeing how most customers do not take tours of the kitchen area! The tray food was served on was covered with dry ketchup and the tables were also covered with things left behind. Keep in mind this was a 3:00 pm snack so being the phantom that i'm called realize this really is not you'r peak hour! Also due to the fact of only three other customers in sight! However we all enjoyed seeing our food being brought by a white grand prix what ever happened to sysco trucks? Besides you should realize people judge behind the scene with whats giving to them by what the see around them, and also in this case the service if there bothered by taking my order. Seems to be a easy task. How would they have the time to be bothered by washing anything or taking pride in what there serving. Everyone has bad days however 8/10 there is usally something to off set most of the bad things! But with the owner posting on this sight pushing her own products clams! Then instead of trying to correct the problem or care about me as a upset customer hide behind another post please! After reading other post from SAMIAM I'm pretty sure about95% you are the owner if not I would loved to be corrected and also say a big SORRY to the owners! So please reply!