PDA

View Full Version : It won't be much longer!

The Eagle
04-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Hay Guys and Gals,

If you keep an eye on the "Weirs Cam" you can see the ice melting. It won't be long, before Ice Out. I can't wait! In fact, I KNOW I'll be swimming on May 1st! BUT, then, I'll be in HAWAII, for two weeks, and getting a jump on my summer tan. Sorry everyone, I had to rub that one in. It will be my wife and my, first real "Vacation" in 30 years. When I get back I know the Ice will be gone, and we will all be ready to hit the beaches. THIS summer we ALL need to plan some sort of "get together" somewhere ,where we can all meet one another. So, until then...ALOHA!
"The Eagle"

Blue Thunder
04-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Check out the Ice Out Cam on Saunders Bay at Silver Sands Marina. Big difference from yesterday to today. Two days ago they showed a truck on the ice. Now the ice is gone.

Blue Thunder

Saunders Bay Ice Out (http://www.nhboat.com/dailyupdate04.htm)

Blue Thunder
04-01-2004, 10:51 AM
I think I've been had by a good April Fools joke. I think I'll go back to sitting on the outskirts of the Forum. I should've looked at the daily photo more closely. Oh well!

Blue Thunder

Steveo
04-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Look at the ice conditions on Saunders Bay provided to us by NHBoat.com. Or should I say the lack of ice conditions on Saunders Bay. How is this possible in just one day. What are the conditions elsewhere.

http://www.nhboat.com/dailyupdate04.htm

BR
04-01-2004, 11:58 AM
try this link out. ice is not even in view at Saunders Bay Cam!!!!

http://www.nhboat.com/dailyupdate04.htm

Steveo
04-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Alright I fell for it. Do I feel the fool. I neglected to look at today's date. Darn, you really shouldn't fool with us on such an important matter as Ice Out. I had the boat already hooked up to the truck heading north.

scott hughes
04-01-2004, 12:48 PM
a get together with everyone from the forum would be great.have a great vacation eagle!!!!!!i hope you take some pictures of yourself in a grass skirt!!!lol

Janet
04-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Just checked out www.nhboat.com and the daily ice-out update. Saunders Bay is open but Meredith Bay and Alton Bay remain locked up. The rain sure did help! Won't be long now!

RLW
04-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Before the swimming comes the BLACK FLIES and Mosquito's then the swimming hopefully!!!

Octet
04-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Drop down to below the thumbnails and see what today's photo really looks like. Nice April Fools joke, but ice-out isn't too far away. Certainly less ice than yesterday.

AFJ
04-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Better watch the weather. They're calling for 6 to 10" Sunday night into Monday. Temps in the teens next week. Chance of Big Snow (BS) 100%.

GWC...
04-01-2004, 05:23 PM
The PWC driver must be a little on the cold side, too...

Biggus
04-01-2004, 07:08 PM
As soon as the ice is gone I'm gonna head over there with my freshly-tuned "OFFSHORE" AND RUN AROUND THE LAKE LIKE A CRAZED MADMAN!!!

Mee'n'Mac
04-01-2004, 07:57 PM
"... I'll be in HAWAII, for two weeks, and getting a jump on my summer tan. ..."

"Mee" and I went for 2 weeks last year (1 week cruise and 1 week split btw Hawaii and Maui). Great time but missed 3 prime weekends on the Lake, aaargh. If on Hawaii you have to check out Mighty Mo at Pearl Harbor and the Volcanoes Nat'l Park (walk out to see the lava, be careful not to step in it). Copter ride is also highly recommended.

I've gotta start working on that audio-aqua-vest thingee. McMansion, big boat and return trip to HI.

smith point
04-01-2004, 08:21 PM
GOOD ONE, you had me fooled for a good 1/2 hour. and then I thaught to my self, no freekin way! My hat is off to you. you got me hook line and sinker.

Mee'n'Mac
04-01-2004, 08:23 PM
"As soon as the ice is gone I'm gonna head over there with my freshly-tuned "OFFSHORE" AND RUN AROUND THE LAKE LIKE A CRAZED MADMAN!!! "

Geees Biggus didn't you read the agenda ? We're past performance boat bashing and onto either black flies or mosquitoes ! (perhaps an early start on PWC bashing is allowed, I'm not sure) You can't raise OFFSHORE & MADNESS unless you mention how many black flies will be ingested by the engines or mosquitoes squashed against the windsheild (or some such), there-upon it can be debated as to whether ...
1) this is moral or immoral
2) good or bad for the environment
3) what sub-species of insect was killed and whether it really could exist in the Winni ecosystem (pls submit pics of bug detritus for proof)
4) how many insects were around back in the good ole days (and how quiet they were)
5) whether there should be a tax on insect ingestion and/or squashing

ps - Oh, if you can run by Mitt's place and see if the "swim line" is out yet ....

Will
04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Hey look in back of you, someone wrote gullible all over the walls! THe NHBOAT site is a joke, it is an april fools joke, scroll all the way down and take a look. Its still gonna be a while till ice out.

Will

Throttleman
04-02-2004, 09:55 AM
"Crazed Madmen" generally have a devious smile a la Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Before you start terrorizing the lake, be sure to bring lots of dental floss and toothpicks. At high speeds the swarms of black flies and mosquitoes can be a real nuisance.

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/54/039_12800.jpg