PDA

View Full Version : Fire Wood

Smith Point
04-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Does anybody have a lead on Fire Wood? I have been looking high and low for a cord of wood, to no avail--I could use a good reference for a cord of wood(green or seasoned)--delivered--at a reasonable price? Thoughts??

PROPELLER
04-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I know this may not be much help at the moment but I had firewood delivered to Bartlett for a reasonable price. But that was 4 years ago, although I am pretty sure I saw his add in the Conway Sun this past winter. He was from Ossipee so I am sure Winni would not be too far. He went to Bartlett & advertises in the Conway Sun. It was dry hardwood & a 2 cord minimum. I will see if I can find his number at home.

Senter Cove Guy
04-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Shayne Lovering (Lovering Tree Care) in Mirror Lake, 569-0569.

MAXUM
04-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Wood has gotten pretty darn expensive lately, especially with the cost of home heating oil and propane going up as much as it has.

Been keeping an eye on the going prices in the Union Leader the past couple of months for cut, split and delievered in the Manchester/Concord area:

Seasoned ~$230.00 per cord
Green ~175.00 per cord

Most have minimums of 2 to 3 cords.

Best deal, grapple load 4 cord minimum @ just over 100.00 per cord, if you don't mind cutting and splitting yourself.

Not sure if the prices are any better/worse up around the lake, but this will give you a pretty good reference point for up to date pricing.

Lake Lady 6
04-30-2005, 06:11 PM
We just had firewood delivered in W. Alton. Try Reggie Caldwell, Belmont, NH (listed in telephone book). Has kept us supplied for a number of years. As to reasonable, that is for you to decide. We were happy with the price - wood has increased in price along with most everything else.