PDA

View Full Version : Storm Video

webmaster
07-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Weather watchers should enjoy this time-lapse video of the storms moving through Weirs Beach on Monday. Posted on YouTube by Scott over at weirsonline.com (http://weirsonline.com):

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kqkZTRQxmR0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aguamenti
07-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks for posting. For some reason I got an error when I tried watching on Facebook.

CateP
07-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Very cool.

jetlag100
07-31-2014, 09:05 AM
A little more than half way through, you can see a small spinner...I live in Revere, Mass..don't want to see anymore of these! :)

Dad sold the C * C
07-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Thank you for posting that. It was a wild day!
I had my niece and her 7 YO from Arizona up for the day; he couldn't understand why he had to keep getting out of the water everytime we heard some rumbles.:confused:

I have to say that having Apps like Intellicast Radar on phones and such is really helpful on days like that. you can see that you have a clear window opening up in about x minutes and have enough time for a boat ride or swim.

SIKSUKR
07-31-2014, 02:36 PM
I have to say that having Apps like Intellicast Radar on phones and such is really helpful on days like that. you can see that you have a clear window opening up in about x minutes and have enough time for a boat ride or swim.

Ditto. For me I really like NECN's weather app.

jerseyonbear
07-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Rode it out on Bear. It was a real good storm but not the worst we have been thru over the years

Scott
08-03-2014, 09:41 PM
If you enjoyed that one, you might want to check out another one I made last summer.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xlr7aONLXPw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is a ton of neat stuff going on... you can skip the first minute of video since it's just the morning fog and haze burning off.

At 2 minutes and 15 seconds into the video, you can see the clouds abruptly change direction and move toward the storm that is developing.

Then three storms slide over the northern half of the lake, but the last one does clip the Weirs.

At 2:43, an exceptional blast of wind came out of the backside of the storm.

At 2:48, love those lower clouds that suddenly bubble up and sink to the ground.

And just when you think it's over, at 2:55, more low clouds suddenly form and then dissipate.

Seeing the cam image from last year makes me a little sad... PSNH decided to replace a utility pole back in February with one that was WAY taller and now the wires stick into my cam image. Bummer.

SIKSUKR
08-04-2014, 01:37 PM
That is some fantastic video!

trfour
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Thank you Scott! MAN them boats were Haul'in in the channel!! Weirs Radar when yah need'um?? :)