PDA

View Full Version : Early Breakfast - Guilford/Laconia

dickb
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
What is open early on Saturday and Sunday mornings reasonably priced and
good quality?

BroadHopper
02-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Water St cafe in Laconia is good. So is 'The Small Cafe' on Union Ave in Laconia.

trfour
02-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Paugus Diner is also good; 1331 Union Ave, Lakeport. 528-6418

Enjoy! :) :) :) :)

SAMIAM
02-05-2005, 09:07 AM
The best breakfast in laconia is at the new lakeside restaurant under the condo's next to Oriental gardens. It's the same people who own the Egg Shell in Loudon and the Circle in Epsom.....real home cooking for very light money.....I think they're open 3 meals and 7 days.It's a diner type menu,but all made from scratch...none of those "freezer" portions that a lot of them serve.
They're hard to see because they are on the ground level under the parking overhang,but worth a try.

Nadia
04-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Have any of you tried Caroline's Sunrise Cafe? It's a fairly new place, located in Laconia next to "Butterflies and Bullfrogs" clothing store. They have the best country style breakfest I've ever had. I'm a sucker for sausage biscuits and gravy. The eggs benedict and french toast are great as well! Give them a try! The inside is adorable, clean, with good service too. Caroline is very friendly!

BBS2
04-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree with Nadia. Sunrise Cafe is really cute! and the food is good too!:liplick:
Nadia..there was a boat the Nadia Ann for sale in Belmont for awhile, was it named for you?

donnamatrix
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
This place changed hands a little while ago, but it's great. Caroline is great. They participated in the Taste of the Lakes and the food they served was a treat. They were one of the first restaurantss, when they were A Small Cafe, to go smoke-less, and that makes it very enjoyable. They are located almost directly across street from Irwin Marine on Union Ave

Nadia
04-07-2006, 12:27 AM
A boat named Nadia Ann!! Unfortunately it isn't so :( I'd like to say it was! I'm Nadia Emilia. Ironically my mother's middle name is Ann, I never heard the two together, it's actually quite a pretty name! That's a good idea for when we do get around to buying one!! Maybe I can convince her by telling her its good advertisement? :) Possibly even a delivery service! Thanks for the great ideas, I will be sure to nag her promptly after tax season. LOL.

BBS2
04-07-2006, 09:04 AM
It was a smallish sailboat, 15-20 feet. It was for sale (sail?:laugh: ) for 2 years. Weird because the script was the same as your sign..that's why assumed is was yours.
Haven't been to your place in the 3 years that we've been coming here, hope we get there this summer. Hope you have lots of veg stuff!!:liplick:

Nadia
04-07-2006, 10:41 AM
BBS2,
As long as you are not vegan we have a couple different choices for you! We are more than willing to accomidate our vegetarian friends! Mom makes a homemade three cheese and spinach lasagna with shiitake mushrooms, its to die for! That is a special. I just started making stuffed shells and the customers RAVE about them. We also do a Butternut squash ravioli in a tarragon cream sauce, and this week we're focusing on colorful spring dishes! Bowties primavera in a light cream sauce with zucchini, summer squash, peas, and diced asparagus. Menu items such as ravioli nadia, and fettucine alfredo, bruschetta and our caprese supreme are meatless. We can also leave meat or fish out of certain dishes. Vegan will limit your choices, but there are options! You are more than welcome to call ahead and inquire about our nightly specials.

603-524-8688
Thank you!
Nadia

mets3007
04-08-2006, 07:31 PM
A couple of thoughts on breakfast places from someone who has been going there since I was 8 < now I am 25>

1. Lakeside- very good reasonable with everything homeade
2. Ames Farm Inn- also good but little more expensive but gives you and old fashioned feel.
3. Friedlys- little more high priced but is spacious with food that is decent but manageable
4. Donna Jean's - went there a few times very good but is small.
5. Paugus Bay Dinner- not bad at all went there a few times and it is small though.

As for time wise I think Lakeside opens at 7am, I could be wrong, Ames opens 730 Paugus Bay and Donna Jeans at 6am and also Friendlys is at 630am

trfour
04-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Donna Jean's moved down to Weirs Beach on the Waldo Pepper's side of the bridge and has a large dining area.

Also, Paugus Diner has a dining room built to the right of the diner, with a pass through. ;)

BBS2
04-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Black Cat Cafe in Laconia is fun too! You can sit outside when the weather is nice and the old train station is kind of :cool: !!

mets3007
04-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Donna Jean's isnt where it was last yr? That little yellow building? Interesting.

trfour
04-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow mets3007, you must need a very large place to eat.

I've been to Donna Jean's on a saturday morning, with a party of twelve,family and friends, excellent service, awesome food to order and no wait.

I thought you must have been talking about their old place that used to be up by where Shaw's is know.

I'll have to call her and find out how many people that they can serve at one sitting, and get back to ya.

Woodsy
04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I eat breakfast thier all the time...

Donna Jeans is in the same yellow building between the Weirs Bridge and Texaco.

Woodsy

tricia1218
04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
I mentioned to my cousin about the move, Donna Jeans is a favorite for him, and he said he was there last Sunday and they where at the same location. :confused:

trfour
04-18-2006, 12:57 PM
I just talked to Donna and the restaurant is licensed for 95 and she has served as many as 90 people at one time.

I tried to get through to Al at the Paugus Diner and there is a problem with the phone there. I will find out the seating capacity there as well.

mets3007
04-18-2006, 01:46 PM
I just thought it was small maybe I was wrong sry if I sounded like I like big places which I dont lol. I eat at small places all the time, its just I thought it was very small I must have mis calculated. I do like Donna Jeans and will be going there when I get up there this summer.