PDA

View Full Version : West Lake Asian Cuisine in Wolfeboro

Mirror Lake's BB
06-18-2011, 03:35 PM
A friend of mine is visiting and wanted to know of a good Chinese restaurant in the area. I've never been to West Lake. I did recommend East of Suez. Has anyone been to West Lake recently or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

camp guy
06-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Never been to West Lake, but I can strongly recommend Seabird Asian Cuisine in Wolfeboro. Seabird is on Rt 28, just over the tracks past Wright Museum (you know, the big brick building with the tank in the front left corner). The owners are fine people, and I have never had a poor meal there.

Fishing
06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I had always felt NY had the best Asian food. Period. Welllll....then came West Lake!! You cannot beat it! Their house special soup for 2 is outstanding....great fried rice...wonderful chicken and broccoli...in fact, my whole family believes everything is the best there!! The prices are so reasonable and the food is great. Sit back and enjoy :liplick:

jack1706
06-18-2011, 07:23 PM
don't like it...

went to Sea birdbird...MUCH BETTER !!!!

period...

mg2107
06-18-2011, 07:35 PM
No comparison,West Lake 's food is 100 times better than Seabird's and the dining room is much nicer. Like comparing Mise en Place to Mc Donalds.

patman
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I've only been to West Lake a couple of times...and only because Sea Bird closes for vacation sometimes! I'll grant you that the seating is nicer at West Lake, but the Sea Bird food wins hands down in my opinion.

Barbara
06-18-2011, 10:01 PM
I much prefer West Lake to Seabird. I guess it's a matter of taste. opinions seem pretty evenly divided here.

Patiently Watching
06-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Have been going to both for the past 15-20 years. For the longest time and up until recently, I went to Seabird exclusively when I wanted chinese food in Wolfeboro, but about 2 weeks ago was invited to have dinner at West Lake and I'm glad that I did. I had not been there in over 5 years and at last visit I had not been impressed - that is until recently.
I have had West Lake food 2x in the last month and both times everything has been spot on.
I agree with Camp Guy that Seabird does a very nice job and is indeed run by some great people, but I think West Lake is worth another try (or a first if you've not been there before).

camp guy
06-19-2011, 10:15 AM
My experience with Asian food is relatively little, but I have come to realize that like many of the ethnic cuisine restaurants so much of how much you like the food depends upon who is cooking. Any ethnic food is "a little of this, and a little of that", a "flip of the wrist, an extra pinch of something" and if you go there regularly you get used to that particular restaurant's style of cooking; whereas, if you go to another same-ethnic cuisine restaurant you may order the same dish you regularly order, but it may taste slightly different due to the vicissitudes (I love this word) of a particular cook. So, what does this all mean ? - listen and read what people have to say, but make your own choice of restaurant based on trying it. Bon Appetit

Fishing
06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
So true. For all restaurants...People should look at the menus and decide if that is what they want and give a place a fair try.

But for West Lake - we look forward to our dinners there....which in a 1 week period can be 2 or 3 times!! Yummmmm:)

Grady223
06-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I had always felt NY had the best Asian food. Period. Welllll....then came West Lake!! You cannot beat it! Their house special soup for 2 is outstanding....great fried rice...wonderful chicken and broccoli...in fact, my whole family believes everything is the best there!! The prices are so reasonable and the food is great. Sit back and enjoy :liplick:

Agree, like the West Lake very much.