PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Mike Love and Gretchen

BroadHopper
10-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Mike Love, who use to own Love's Quay in Wolfeboro's Back Bay?

Gretchen, who use to own Gretchen's restuarant at Glendale?

Lake Lady 6
10-12-2004, 02:35 PM
My first visit to the Canoe Restaurant was last Friday with a party of 8 (with reservations). It was wonderful! The presentation, quality and service were rated a "10" by all. Our waiter, an excellent and knowledgeable young man, did a great job. We certainly will be back

During the evening we learned that Mike Love is one of the chefs and his wife, Donna, is still making those incredible desserts that she was famous for at Love's Quay.

Recently saw Gretchen at the William Tell (another of our favorite restaurants although more specialized in their menu) who said she was working at both restaurants. I do not know if this is just on an "as needed" basis or permanently.

BroadHopper
10-13-2004, 07:54 AM
I heard rumours that Mike and Gretchen were working together. I looks like it is true. I just find it funny that they are working for one of the Common Man restuarant.
Another rumour is that Mike has a catering business. I won'r be surprised if he does. ;)

Zee
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Broadhopper, are you saying that Canoe is a Common Man Restaurant. Tell me its not true! I would be surprised if it is. I have found most of the Common Man Restaurants to be sub par with many other restaurants around the Lake. And that is certainly not true of Canoe.

SIKSUKR
10-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Their website does not show Canoe as being part of the Comman Man chain. SS

Lake Lady 6
10-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Canoe is NOT part of the Common Man Restaurant group. At least not at this point.

BroadHopper
10-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I think I got Canoe mixed up with Camp. duhhhh! :rolleye1:

MaryS
10-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Donna Love has a bakery and Cakes for sale on Ossipee Mountain Road in Moultonboro...advertises in the local newspapers.....desserts are wonderful, you can buy a ssingle piece or order a cake or dessert.....wowI think the names is Love's Bites....enjoy......sure do miss Love's quay in wolfeboro!! :liplick:

waterlover
10-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Yes, both Mike and Gretchen work at Canoe...

Donna Love makes the dessert specials (they're amazing, of course)...

and NO, Canoe is NOT a Common Man restaurant......do not think that will ever be in their future!!

Cookie
10-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Gretchen is still at Canoe to my knowledge,however Mike is taking a break,while helping Donna in the bakery and also following his true passion catiering! Rumors got to love them!