PDA

View Full Version : Cajun Willys Now in Laconia

bestdangQ
10-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi all u bbq lovers sad to say that Panama Bills Best Dang Q is no longer part of boomers by the bay at the paugas bay plaza in gilford it did not work out .So we move on. but would would like to wish Hawg Burrs good luck with his next venture. But the best dang Q will stay in laconia NH o Yea!! Sold the rights to my look alike twin cousin CAJUN WILLYS located a 865 union ave ( next to case & keg ) So please stop in to say hello & try the BEST DANG Q:liplick:

donnamatrix
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey-sorry to hear that Panama Bill's BBQ is gone. Their food was really good.

C Tucker
10-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I love the BBQ brisket so I'm glad you're just down the road. What are the hours?

Argie's Wife
10-18-2010, 09:35 PM
If you're next to Case'n'Keg, then that's a 7-course meal for a redneck: a 6 pack of beer and a rack of ribs! :liplick:

bestdangQ
10-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi folks this is cajun willy inviting all you BBQ lovers to our $5.00 specials
( Pulled pork or Beef Brisket samach or 2 jumbo tacos or a Jumbo Burrito or our own Cajun joe samach MMM All for $ 5.00 & come with sides:liplick:
P S say your from the forum & get a Extra side.

Greene's Basin Girl
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi folks this is cajun willy inviting all you BBQ lovers to our $5.00 specials
( Pulled pork or Beef Brisket samach or 2 jumbo tacos or a Jumbo Burrito or our own Cajun joe samach MMM All for $ 5.00 & come with sides:liplick:
P S say your from the forum & get a Extra side. What are your hours? I am getting very hungry for pulled pork!

bestdangQ
10-20-2010, 06:39 AM
hour for Cajun Willys are 7:00 am till 7:00 pm or later thank you for asking:liplick:

Mr. V
10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
We tried Panama Bills this summer and were not impressed.

The BBQ was not particularly good, it was passable but not memorable, and the only other clientele were a few bikers.

Rough food, rough crowd, rotten location.

sa meredith
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Curious why this place has had three locations, and three names, in three years.
If it's the best, I would think it would promote a stable business??????
I went to the location over by busy corner a few years back...I think it was the same people anyway. Food was quite good.

ironhorsetim
10-20-2010, 02:03 PM
the only other clientele were a few bikers.

Rough food, rough crowd, rotten location.
:offtopic:
Just curious, were these rough bikers throwing beer bottles,spittin and swearing and stuff? Or did they just look scary to you? :eek:
Sorry for straying off but I had to ask :D Have to agree on the food though

Argie's Wife
10-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Panama Bill's wasn't open this summer, Mr. V. Are you thinking of Boomer's Place? If so, then you're near The Weirs.

Weirs = Bikes

And somewhere, on a biker forum, there's someone posting, "Man, you should've seen this group of tourists at the bbq place this summer..." :laugh:

BBQ is rough food... it's supposed to be sticky, messy, and not for fussy eaters. If you haven't made a mess, you haven't had a good time.

Personally, I've liked their brisket the best, and then the pulled pork. The sauce is just right - sweet, sticky, and a little warm... Yum.

DJJ71
10-20-2010, 03:53 PM
I went there today, for 5$ a pulled pork sandwich, and M&Cheese. You cant beat it.. Keep up the good work.:D

Mr. V
10-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I thought it was Panama Bills, maybe not.

It was the place near the Margate, on the ground floor of the condos or whatever they are.

No, the bikers weren't throwing beer bottles, or spitting, but they were loud and a bit "blue."

Could have been a fluke.

But the food was not all that great: heck, I live out on the left coast, which is a lot farther from the heart of Q country than is NH, and there are quite a few places here with better Q.

I hope they make it, though: if the people like it, more power to them.

Greene's Basin Girl
10-23-2010, 02:43 AM
I thought it was Panama Bills, maybe not.

It was the place near the Margate, on the ground floor of the condos or whatever they are.

No, the bikers weren't throwing beer bottles, or spitting, but they were loud and a bit "blue."

Could have been a fluke.

But the food was not all that great: heck, I live out on the left coast, which is a lot farther from the heart of Q country than is NH, and there are quite a few places here with better Q.

I hope they make it, though: if the people like it, more power to them. We ate at Cajun Willys Friday afternoon. We had two pulled pork sandwiches at the restaurant and purchased two to go for other's in our family. The pork was so so good. We had our sauce put on the side so we could on as little or as much as we wanted. The sides were good- especially the mac and cheese. As the forum suggested tell them that you read about them on the forum and then you get an extra side. The food was very YUMMY!