PDA

View Full Version : Grille 25

KonaChick
09-13-2004, 09:09 AM
We went to dinner at GRILLE 25 in Moultonborough last weekend with some friends and it was fantastic!! Great diverse menu..wonderful atmopshere and a great bottle of wine. Much to our delight the food was fantastic too! :laugh: Good sized portions, served warm and in a timely fashion. The owner even came over to see how we were enjoying our meal! I hightly recommend this place and will be back. :liplick:

Jersey Mama
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
The week before Labor Day, we wanted to check out Canoe. We couldn't even get near the driveway... cars parked all over the side of the road, across the street, etc. So we headed north and stopped into Grille 25. The owner explained that he only had one waitress and a few family members working (everyone else went back to school) and since we weren't in a hurry we sat down. There were only 4 other parties in the dining room and one more came in after us. The service was very, very slow - but we were warned. But early on we decided the food was worth the wait. The grilled scallop appetizer was awesome - very tasty!! My daughter tried the chicken appie - think it might have been coconut fried or some other coating! The waldorf salad was a little different - slices of apple, candied walnuts, interesting ranch type dressing. I had beef wellington - medium rare as requested - very good. One person had the meat loaf - interesting, but very good, especially the gravy. Another had the smoked fried chicken - so tender and again very good. Other daughter had prime rib - again perfect medium rare. :liplick:

Can't wait to get back to the lake to go back again. As long as the current chef stays, that will be our new place to go. Trusting more employees will be there normally everything should work out for them. Haven't tried the bar area, where it is more informal!! We all thought the items on the menu were very unusual and a little different sounding!!! I believe the owner also owns Flurries in Meredith and J.B. Scoops - he looks like the guy on the sign.