PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

baygo
08-22-2010, 04:41 PM
We are planning a "True Blood" season finally party at Tavern 27 in Laconia. We are certain to come up with some Tapas items that contain blood oranges and perhaps blood sausage as well as garlic to protect the non-vampires in attendance. Can anyone come up with additional menu item ideas for this theme? Thanks

PS for those who may not know of True Blood, visit HBO.com for more info.

luvmypups
08-23-2010, 09:55 AM
You could do a spaghetti dish ( blood and veins ) that's an obvious one. You could serve it with garlic bread shaped into fingers with almonds for the fingernails, You could do a salsa app and maybe do homemade pita chips shaped into something, bloody mary's, "deviled" eggs, have a cake made with the vampire theme...I know a great, proffesional pastry chef that makes fabulous cakes ( hehe ) go to jennifersforeveryoccasion.com , She's based out of Moultonborough :)

KonaChick
08-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Of course it goes without saying....pomegranate martinis and you could serve them up in brown root beer bottles like they do with the synthetic blood! For dessert, raspberry squares.

Newbiesaukee
08-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Are you closing for the season and, if so, when 'cause we have to make it back. Black Pudding might fit your theme but not everyone's taste.

baygo
08-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Are you closing for the season and, if so, when 'cause we have to make it back. Black Pudding might fit your theme but not everyone's taste.

We will not close for the season however, we will close for a couple of weeks in early to mid Nov. We will also be making some seasonal menu changes and are considering the dropping of lunch or perhaps a limited hot soup menu on weekdays. The bar will remain open and hopefully be frequented by snowmobilers. We will also be opening the warming hut bar and featuring groomed x-country and snowshoe trails around the golf course. Look for the Tapas X-country packages specials at our web site.

baygo
08-23-2010, 11:03 PM
You could do a spaghetti dish ( blood and veins ) that's an obvious one. :)

I just started working on some white chocolate noodles died with a natural die. I plan to drizzle some red raspberry sauce (likely alcohol base) on the end of the veins. Should we serve blue or red veins?

KonaChick has a great idea with the bottles! Does anyone know where I can get bottles?

Argie's Wife
08-24-2010, 07:05 AM
There's an actual TrueBlood drink - I've seen it at Jetpack Comics in Rochester, NH. Of course it's made with - what else - blood oranges! :D

http://img.hottopic.com/is/image/HotTopic/186301_hi?$270x406$

Newbiesaukee
08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
A little off topic but I had told a number of people that a great, new "tapas" place opened. The men were very enthusiastic and I wasn't sure why...it appears they thought I meant a new "topless" place.:):)

Winnigirl
08-24-2010, 09:18 AM
blood orange martinis, bloody mary's with olive eyeball for garnish

luvmypups
08-25-2010, 10:09 AM
You could do a blood orange sorbet too

RI Swamp Yankee
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Bloody jelly donuts (rasberry filled jelly donuts :rolleye1: )

Blood Cake - really Red Velvet Cake

Waterbaby
09-01-2010, 08:51 AM
We are planning a "True Blood" season finally party at Tavern 27 in Laconia. We are certain to come up with some Tapas items that contain blood oranges and perhaps blood sausage as well as garlic to protect the non-vampires in attendance. Can anyone come up with additional menu item ideas for this theme? Thanks

PS for those who may not know of True Blood, visit HBO.com for more info.

I have to admit, I just ate breakfast and this thread is making me a little queasy, but I sure do admire the creativity here! I just like my food a little, well, less realistic? :laugh: