PDA

View Full Version : Woodshed ?

sum-r breeze
08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi Gang,

The last review post for the Woodshed Restaurant was in May. We always enjoyed the food, and the service was always top notch. Has anyone been lately. We have plans to go Sat night and were looking for an opinion of any recent visits to the shed. We haven't been yet this year.

Thanks,
The Breeze
wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back:D

Lakesrider
08-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Well since you ask....Yes. Went Sunday night. Went with my Wife her 83 year old father and his 84 year old girlfriend. I thought I would take her father someplace nice. So we decided on the Woodshed. I have always liked the place though it is a bit expensive for my taste. But it was a special occasion seeing as her father does not drive down from Bangor very often. 83 years old 'n all. My wife, her father and his girlfriend decided to only get appetizers as the main meal. He is on a special diet and can have no fat. My wife suddenly decided to do the same that night.:rolleye2: I wanted the Prime rib. So when the waitress started taking the order, the other three only wanted water and lemons. I got a Capt'n and Coke. Took about 15 minutes to get the drinks. Not bad. But when the waitress took the order for the meals, we got an attitude. She immediately got this look of "Oh great no big tip from this table". As a matter of fact we got this "look" in her face from her. I did order the prime rib though. My wife got the lobster stew. Almost no lobster in it at all. Her father who also got the stew/soup, had plenty of lobster in it. ? The girlfriend got onion soup that she did not eat because it was too spicy for her. Yep having a great time so far eh? Almost exactly and hour later we got our food. Mine was great. I also got the iceberg wedge, which I thought was plenty big enough for two. Shared it with my wife. For desert I got the vanilla creme brulee. $5.99 for a tiny cup. A bit much for me. But anyway our bill was $105.00 I think. I felt bad for the waitress. I guess they just get spoiled with big tips there, or they are told they have to make a quota? Against my better judgment, I still left a 20% tip, because other than "the face" we were well served.

jetskier
08-20-2010, 08:25 PM
We had not been to the Woodshed in years and decided to give it a shot tonight. We were able to get in without a reservation...a good thing.

The pace of the meal was leisurely (intended, I suspect)...so, I would not expect to get in and out. It took about 2 hours for dinner...the service was attentive and the environment was leisurely and quiet. The waitress was attentive but did not hover. The manager checked in to make sure everything was up to expectations.

The quality of the food was very good. We had the steak, pork, salmon and crab cakes (our party...not just me:D). Everything was prepared well and the ingredients were fresh. It is difficult to get a decent steak in the lakes region...this one was very good.

The Woodshed is a bit on the pricey side. I would expect to spend between $30 and $50 per person on dinner.

So, in summary:

Good quality food
Attentive but leisurely service
Toward the expensive side for the lakes region

Hope this helps...

Jetskier:cool:

Meredith lady
08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
You write informative and good posts. Hope I get to meet you at the Forum Fest.

jetskier
08-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry about missing the forum fest...went out on the Seadoos with my daughter today. It was too nice to stay on dry land. :D

Jetskier:cool:

Lucky1
08-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi Gang,

The last review post for the Woodshed Restaurant was in May. We always enjoyed the food, and the service was always top notch. Has anyone been lately. We have plans to go Sat night and were looking for an opinion of any recent visits to the shed. We haven't been yet this year.

Thanks,
The Breeze
wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back:D

How was it?

Lucky1
08-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Earth to summer breeze...........come in please. Did you make it to the Woodshed?

Been waiting to hear how it was.

Redwing
08-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Lucky1,
NH Escape and I, along with another friend, went to the Woodshed last week to celebrate our friend's birthday. Meal was delicious, as always, service - impeccable and attentive, without being over-bearing. I had the sea scallops which were wonderful, and had enough to bring home and have the following evening. NH Escape and our friend, I believe (short term memory loss!) had the beef. Everyone was happy with their selections. Have been going to the Woodshed forever. In fact, the Woodshed catered my very small wedding on our deck at cottage in 1972.... we go way back!

sum-r breeze
08-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Sorry about the delay, I think the rain shocked my Internet and my service was down. Went to the Woodshed on Saturday night, Mrs Breeze had scallops and I had teriyaki sirloin. Both were excellent. Service was attentive and very friendly. As far as price goes I think you have to put the whole experience in perspective. This is an upper scale operation with alot of help (translation) overhead. They have great food and great service, this costs money! We always have enjoyed going there for a special night out and will continue. I think apps dinner and a few cocktails each it ran about $65 a head. Certainly not outrageous in 2010. It was just a real nice night out with friends. I don't know if they are open year round, if not they have to make it all from April to October. Hope this helps.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back :D

NoBozo
08-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry about the delay, I think the rain shocked my Internet and my service was down. Went to the Woodshed on Saturday night, Mrs Breeze had scallops and I had teriyaki sirloin. Both were excellent. Service was attentive and very friendly. As far as price goes I think you have to put the whole experience in perspective. This is an upper scale operation with alot of help (translation) overhead. They have great food and great service, this costs money! We always have enjoyed going there for a special night out and will continue. I think apps dinner and a few cocktails each it ran about $65 a head. Certainly not outrageous in 2010. It was just a real nice night out with friends. I don't know if they are open year round, if not they have to make it all from April to October. Hope this helps.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back :D

The Woodshed WebSite says open for dinner @ 5pm, Tuesday thru Sunday. We have had dinner there at various times over the years, during the winter..usually in February, as well as early fall. The food and service has always been excellent. :) NB

VitaBene
08-25-2010, 09:54 PM
The Woodshed WebSite says open for dinner @ 5pm, Tuesday thru Sunday. We have had dinner there at various times over the years, during the winter..usually in February, as well as early fall. The food and service has always been excellent. :) NB

Yes- the 'shed is open year round and the bar area is quite nice on a cold winter evening.

Pineedles
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I can't find the atmosphere that the Woodshed has in their lounge area anywhere. I miss it soooo much. I'm thinking of going up on January 22nd, anyone interested?

wifi
01-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't find the atmosphere that the Woodshed has in their lounge area anywhere. I miss it soooo much. I'm thinking of going up on January 22nd, anyone interested?

Went there for my birthday in December, I'm game for a return

VitaBene
01-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Let me know, The Wood shed is right down the road. I will add the Corner House lounges as a great atmosphere place (with bad wine glasses IMO).

hazelnut
01-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Let me know, The Wood shed is right down the road. I will add the Corner House lounges as a great atmosphere place (with bad wine glasses IMO).

If you twist my arm I'll join you guys. (ouch) Ok Ok I'll do it. :laugh: Vita we can carpool. ;)

sa meredith
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Pineedles...
With any luck, that will be the weekend the Pats play in the AFC Championship game. AFC game at 6:30 on Sunday, the 23rd. Could make for a good weekend...Hmmm...

Lucky1
01-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I might be able to do it but depends on the weather and where I am. Keep me informed please. GOOOOOO PATS!!

robmac
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Keep us informed on the date,anything for an excuse to be at the lake unless of course my boss takes me to the game.