PDA

View Full Version : Skunk at Town Docks

lakers
08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Saw a skunk wandering around dining area of Town Docks (common man) in meredith. Staff laughed and said he usually "stays under the deck and doesn't come out this far." GROSS!!! :eek:

Slickcraft
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
It's fairly common for skunks to stay under a low deck. They usually lay low during the day but will hunt for food after dark. Probably good food scrap hunting where you saw it. Normally if you don't bother them they won't bother you.

brk-lnt
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Why did the skunk go to the Town Docks?

because he couldn't get good service at the Lobster Pound.

Apologies to Mike Ray ;)

Meredith lady
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
OK...so I have a soft spot for chipmunks. I have had "Dale" (as in Chip and Dale) living in my water garden at my home in Meredith for 3 years. BUT today as I was busy running around Kevin's on the Pier, this little guy ran right in front of me. In the storefront. On the Pier. Eating a french fry. Chased him out and made sure he couldn't get back in. Cute, yes. In my storefront, no way.

ishoot308
08-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Why did the skunk go to the Town Docks?

because he couldn't get good service at the Lobster Pound.

Apologies to Mike Ray ;)

Now that's funny right there!!! :laugh:

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!!

Dan

Argie's Wife
08-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Saw a skunk wandering around dining area of Town Docks (common man) in meredith. Staff laughed and said he usually "stays under the deck and doesn't come out this far." GROSS!!! :eek:

Are you sure that was 100% lobster in your lobster roll? :D

Kamper
08-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Are you sure that was 100% lobster in your lobster roll? :D

Hmm... How'd the beer smell?

Irrigation Guy
08-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Hmm... How'd the beer smell?

Like Grolsch?

mike ray
08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
wow that was funny!!! I would tell you where I go when I want good service but I'm too much of a gentleman.

chipj29
08-21-2010, 06:24 AM
No skunk, but there were 5 of us there for lunch Friday. We got there at about 1:30. It was busy with a short wait. Plenty of staff people buzzing around. Our service was a bit slow, as our server was not around much. We wished we had a different server, as I noticed others were getting fed faster. No big deal, as we were enjoying a beautiful day. Food was great, too. A couple clam plates, a lobster roll and clam chowder. All excellent.

On a negative note, it was pretty breezy and the umbrellas were moving like crazy. Saw one right next to us take off and fly into an adjacent table. No one was hurt, but it could have been a bad situation. They might want to consider securing the umbrellas a little bit better than just sticking the base in the sand.