PDA

View Full Version : WaterFront / WaterView dining suggestions around the Lake

NHKathy
07-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Looking for some suggestions for water front or water view dining in the Lakes Region. What are your favorites, Forum Members? Preferably outdoor dining, but a good window view is OK too...

hazelnut
07-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Looking for some suggestions for water front or water view dining in the Lakes Region. What are your favorites, Forum Members? Preferably outdoor dining, but a good window view is OK too...

Love LOVE the Lyons Den in Gilford. Nice water view. However drinks and apps on the lawn at Lago in Meredith can't be beat. You've opened up a can of worms because there are some nice spots. Garwoods in Wolfeboro is a great lunch spot. Naswa has the best people watching for lunch with great views of all the boats cruising through the channel. One of my new favorite's is the Lobster Pound Roof Deck.

Enjoy!

jkjoshuatree
07-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Garwoods in Wolfeboro is right on the water with outside dining.

Church Landing in Meredith has both a bar and dining room with great views (inside though) and Lago's (also in Meredith) has outdoor dining. Entrees are good not great but the apps and salads are excellent. Try the fried calamari and artichokes and the summer tomato salad if it's on the menu-sometimes it isn't. The Town Docks (Meredith) is a cool place (very Jimmy Buffet-like) but I've eaten there twice and wasn't impressed and the service was beyond horrible. Although in their defense, a lot of people on the Forum have had good experiences there.

The Lyon's Den in Gilford has views too but is also inside.

The Naswa is right on the water but the food isn't that great. Pub type food.

Pops in Alton is a fav of many people on here but I've never eaten there myself.

Just wait a day or two and you'll have dozens of suggestions from all the friendly people on Winni.com.

VitaBene
07-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Canoe in Center Harbor

WINNOCTURN
07-20-2010, 09:23 AM
"The Naswa is right on the water but the food isn't that great. Pub type food."

Yes Pub type food if your only talking about the "BEACH BAR". The main Dinning up stairs has some really good food and the Key Lime pie is the best!:liplick:

There is window seating giving views of the "Channel Parade".

The biggest problem if coming by boat is finding a dock.

Sunrise Point
07-20-2010, 10:12 AM
If you don't mind a distant water view, you should try the patio dining area at the Castle in the Clouds restaurant. The view is spectacular and the food is excellent!

Long Pine
07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Shibley's is on the water right next to the docks in Alton Bay. They have inside and outside dining and I have always had good food there.

NHKathy
07-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and please, keep them coming!
I should mention that I have eaten at Garwoods & Canoe - love both! :liplick:
I've also done Jo Greens in Wolfeboro, apparently before they went downhill...
On my list for this year are Castle in The Clouds Cafe & Shibleys, so I was glad to hear the good word on those.
Thanks!

RPM
07-21-2010, 10:42 AM
If you like Extremely warm BEER , No booze in your mixed drinks, slow Bartenders,
slanted ,dirty floors. And Fly's all over your Over priced food
you should consider the Pier at Weirs. The view is great.

NHKathy
07-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, now that sounds appetizing... :(

Slickcraft
07-21-2010, 02:28 PM
T-Bones in Laconia has an upper deck with a view of Paugus Bay, good beer selection and good food.
http://www.t-bones.com/home.php

jack1706
07-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Really can't beat the view from Castle in the Clouds..

the thursday nite Jazz has started & the food is quite good... great salad &

new menu for thurday nites..

no charge to drive up if you mention just the restaurant & not the tour....

I will go again this year...or you can sit inside in one of the horse stalls , ( all re-done ) Really neat !

rrr
07-22-2010, 08:41 AM
don't forget the bayside grill in wolfeboro - we've been a few times and have always been happy.

Shore Driver
07-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Canoe has a deck? Did they cut down trees? I always thought they were a bit off the water.

New excuse to go!

hazelnut
07-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Canoe has a deck? Did they cut down trees? I always thought they were a bit off the water.

New excuse to go!

They have a really nice screen porch off the back with filtered water views. VERY nice for lunch!

colt17
07-22-2010, 12:08 PM
We enjoy the beach bar/ tiki hut at the Margate for some quick food and decent drinks. Not a lot of slips but the sunset is fabulous.

NHKathy
07-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Hmmm, never thought about the Margate - so you can eat there if you're not staying there? Sounds nice w/the sunset - thanks!

NavGirl316
07-23-2010, 06:37 AM
The Town Docks in Meredith is a fun place for lunch. Very casual - beach bar type atmosphere & menu...great view of the boats coming and going from Meredith.

vball09
07-23-2010, 09:28 AM
O steaks and seafood in Lakeport is right on lake Opechee with great sunsets and great food!

Allday
07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
The Coe House Restaurant in Center Harbor has four dinning rooms with views of the lake. And dont forget the Coupula has a beautiful view of the bay.

Alton Bay
07-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Have a real "foodie" joining me for dinner tonight.
Where should I go?? Is Mise en Place still the place to go??
I really don't want to spend a fortune on this dinner just want really good food.
Thanks!

VtSteve
07-31-2010, 08:57 AM
The Margate is real nice, but I think indoors. I concur with the Naswa, their inside restaurant has view of the channel, and they do have very good food. I wouldn't rate them in the top three, but better than many. The beachfront bar is also open late, and is a nice place to relax after dinner. I really have to try some of these other highly rated places on my next visit.

jkjoshuatree
07-31-2010, 11:57 AM
But that's just my opinion.:D