PDA

View Full Version : Kevin's Cafe on the Pier

Meredith lady
07-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Thank you to Rattlesnake Guy and Girl, and our forum friend Mike, for visiting the Pier today! It was great to see you all!!

Rattlesnake Guy
07-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Meredith Lady,
RG was just saying for the 10th time how much she loooooovvvvvveeeedd the crab cake sandwich you made for her today. She is already trying to figure out when she can go back.

We were both absolutely blown away by your "off menu" treat you made for us. Maybe the Meridith Lady Special can be offered as an exclusive to the folks on the forum. No lying, they were the best of this common side we have ever had and we have done quite a bit of research on the subject.

It was wonderful to see you as well. Nice to meet Mike too.

Don't forget to ask for the "Meridith Lady Special". If she agrees, you won't be disappointed.:)

VitaBene
07-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Meredith Lady,
RG was just saying for the 10th time how much she loooooovvvvvveeeedd the crab cake sandwich you made for her today. She is already trying to figure out when she can go back.

We were both absolutely blown away by your "off menu" treat you made for us. Maybe the Meridith Lady Special can be offered as an exclusive to the folks on the forum. No lying, they were the best of this common side we have ever had and we have done quite a bit of research on the subject.

It was wonderful to see you as well. Nice to meet Mike too.

Don't forget to ask for the "Meridith Lady Special". If she agrees, you won't be disappointed.:)

ML is a real nice lady, I love chatting with her when at the pier!

Lucky1
07-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Where is Kevin's on the Pier? Is it owned and run by the same people who have Kevin's in Moultonborough close to Center Harbor?

webmaster
07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Thank you to Rattlesnake Guy and Girl, and our forum friend Mike, for visiting the Pier today! It was great to see you all!!I must have just missed you guys. I was on the pier and at Anchor Marine from about 4 to 6. I looked for ML at Kevin's a few times. Bad timing.

Rattlesnake Guy
07-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Where is Kevin's on the Pier? Is it owned and run by the same people who have Kevin's in Moultonborough close to Center Harbor?

Where: When you are at Weir's beach and standing on the boardwalk with your back to the arcades and your front to the water walk all the way to the left on the boardwalk. You will see another boardwalk (pier) cowards the water with a T shirt store, a Fried doe/pizza place, Kevin's on the Pier, A candy store, an arcade and Restaurant.

Who: Yes Kevin's is owned by the same Kevin.

What: Seafood and all kinds of great food. I must admit, I love the dogs and fries. All cooked to order. RG is addicted to the Crab Cake sandwich.

Meredith lady
07-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry I missed you, Don! I left the Pier around 3 p.m. to get to work at the Cafe in Moultonboro by 5. Both locations have been busy- so Kevin, myself, and our great employees have been working hard! We are very grateful for all the business! Hope to see you soon!

KPW
07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
I love the crab cakes. Better than baked stuffed lobster.

Lucky1
07-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Where: When you are at Weir's beach and standing on the boardwalk with your back to the arcades and your front to the water walk all the way to the left on the boardwalk. You will see another boardwalk (pier) cowards the water with a T shirt store, a Fried doe/pizza place, Kevin's on the Pier, A candy store, an arcade and Restaurant.

Who: Yes Kevin's is owned by the same Kevin.

What: Seafood and all kinds of great food. I must admit, I love the dogs and fries. All cooked to order. RG is addicted to the Crab Cake sandwich.
So is this the same pier that used to have the miniature golf beside it? It has an arcade at the very end of it? We will look for it soon and see if there is another area if this is not the one that I am remembering. Thanks.

SIKSUKR
07-19-2010, 07:13 AM
So is this the same pier that used to have the miniature golf beside it? It has an arcade at the very end of it? We will look for it soon and see if there is another area if this is not the one that I am remembering. Thanks.

There is really only one pier not counting the Mounts pier.

VitaBene
07-19-2010, 07:13 AM

That is the correct pier.

Rattlesnake Guy
07-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Yes, Miniature golf beside (below). Arcade at the end.

RG says it's called the Winnipesaukee pier.

tc_mike
07-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Thank you to Rattlesnake Guy and Girl, and our forum friend Mike, for visiting the Pier today! It was great to see you all!!

It was nice to see Meredith Lady again and of course to meet the Rattlesnake couple. Again, the food was excellent and Meredith Lady was extremely accommodating.

webmaster
07-19-2010, 10:43 PM
RG says it's called the Winnipesaukee pier.:idea: I could buy the naming rights and call it the Winnipesaukee.com Pier!

Until then, click here for the Winnipesaukee Pier web page (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/pier/).

VitaBene
07-20-2010, 08:51 AM
:idea: I could buy the naming rights and call it the Winnipesaukee.com Pier!

Until then, click here for the Winnipesaukee Pier web page (http://www.winnipesaukee.com/pier/).

Or you could just buy the whole thing (I think it is for sale based o the sign you see from the water), That way you can lock in the Forum Fest Location!

Lucky1
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Do we have a menu for Kevin's on the Pier and for the Kevin's in Center Harbor on line here at the Forum? Are they the same? We would like to try them. Went early in the season and asked for a menu but they may have added some things or the pier menu may be different.

Hermit Cover
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Being from the Chessie Bay region and eating bushels of Maryland Blue Crab every season for years...Kevin and his staff at the Pier have the crab cake sandwich thing down......as good as any from Ballmer or the Bay or D.C. restaurants....the price is right and the jumbo lump crabmeat sandwich is a super bargain....and don't forget to say Hello to Meredith Lady!:liplick:

Meredith lady
07-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Hermit Cover- Great to see you! I am happy the weather held out for you...I am glad you enjoyed your lunch and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lucky 1-Thank you for your interest in Kevin's Cafe and Kevin's Cafe on the Pier. We are in the process of updating our website and posting menus. Both locations have all menus for the taking. Be sure to tell us who you are if you stop in...!

jkjoshuatree
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
...was that you behind the counter today?

I didn't realize that was you or I would've introduced myself. My son and I were there today (he got chicken parm sub and I got the crab cake sandwich).

We talked about where your kids go/went to school.

Anyway, the crab cake was delicious!!! So flavorful!! And my son really enjoyed his sub too.

Nice to almost meet you!!!

Jay

Meredith lady
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Jay-That was me and I remember you and your son. Glad you both enjoyed your lunch. I should have introduced myself after you made the statement that you had "heard" the crabcakes were good...that should have been a clue to me! What can I say? Sometimes I am clueless! Thanks for the nice comment and I hope to see you again soon!

chefisk
05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Its that time of year again to open at the pier.....
Some menu changes, but still have my famous crab cakes their....
BBQ sandwiches and Cowboy beans to go for the boat.
Come see us Memorial Day Weekend, Will open for the weekends starting May 26th until bike week, then full time 7 days a week. See you all there....:)

Rattlesnake Guy
05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
I love Kevin's Café on the Pier. All I can say is that getting me to eat "next" to a place with fried dough is quite an accomplishment. I think we need some pictures this year...

Hermit Cover
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Kevin's Crab Cake Sandwich and a soft drink can be addictive....coupled with a visit with Meredith Lady...will leave you anxious to get back there often!!!

Any reason to stop at the Weirs Pier Kevin's is reason enough!!!:liplick:

Rusty
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Its that time of year again to open at the pier.....
Some menu changes, but still have my famous crab cakes their....
BBQ sandwiches and Cowboy beans to go for the boat.
Come see us Memorial Day Weekend, Will open for the weekends starting May 26th until bike week, then full time 7 days a week. See you all there....:)

"Cowboy beans"! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry...couldn't help it! ;)

Rattlesnake Gal
05-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Kevin's Crab Cake Sandwich and a soft drink can be addictive....coupled with a visit with Meredith Lady...will leave you anxious to get back there often!!!

Any reason to stop at the Weirs Pier Kevin's is reason enough!!!:liplick:

I'm with you on the crab cake sandwich HC - they are amazing!!! :liplick:

Meredith Lady is the Weirs Pier version of Pepper. Sure miss seeing her gorgeous smiling face in person, but Laura's hugs and smiles help me to get by. :laugh:

Winnisquamguy
05-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Don't forget you can get all you can eat fried clams every Friday, and the last Sunday of the month all you can eat lobster at his cafe in Moultonborough.

Rattlesnake Gal
05-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Don't forget you can get all you can eat fried clams every Friday, and the last Sunday of the month all you can eat lobster at his cafe in Moultonborough.

After hearing everyone rave about the all you can eat fried clams at Kevin’s Café (http://www.kevinscafe.com/), I just had to try them for myself.
We stopped in on Friday, October 2nd after a fun day of leaf peeping.
They were fantastic! Among the best I've ever had!!! :liplick:

I even managed to snap a picture for you before I dove in. :D

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/15124/10-07-09_033-2.jpg
This was the first helping! As you can imagine, there were no seconds for me! They are exactly as ILoveWinnipesaukee and others describe. :liplick:

Rattlesnake Guy had the chowder, which he said was wonderful. He also got the calamari, and a Caesar salad with chicken.
All items were excellent and the rolls... they were out of this world! :liplick:

Our server was our Forum friend, Meredith Lady. Laura was awesome as usual and is a real asset to Kevin's Cafe.

Kevin also made the rounds the night we were in to check on his patrons. He is a very personable man and knows how to treat his customers.

There was only one thing regarding our meal, in my opinion that could use improvement - the French fries. The few that you see peeking out from under the clams were not on par with the rest of this excellent meal. I didn’t say anything at the time because I was just enjoying my delicious clams and couldn’t fit them if I tried.

The French fries that Laura made for us this summer on several occasions at the Pier were incredible. Kevin should find out what she did and always do it! :look: Her fries were golden in color, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the out - fantastically delicious! :idea: I think she should train the whole staff because she is the French Fry Master! :liplick:

The all you can eat fried clams at Kevin's Cafe (http://www.kevinscafe.com/) were excellent!

Just wondering, how is the lobster cooked at the last Sunday of the month Lobster and Prime Rib Buffet?

SIKSUKR
05-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey RGi, I find that when the seafood is stacked on top of french fries as shown it makes them soggy. Were your fries that ML made not covered up?

SIKSUKR
05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
"Cowboy beans"! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry...couldn't help it! ;)

Were you thinking Blazing Saddles like I was?:laugh:

Meredith lady
05-20-2011, 04:52 PM
First of all, Pepper is in a class all by herself and i am honored to be compared to her. The lobster for the All you can eat lobster and prime rib buffet (last Sunday of each month in Moultonboro) is steamed and cracked so you can pick the pieces you enjoy most. Naturally, we have drawn butter...The Pier will be serving our crabcakes, chowder, homemade onion rings, hot dogs (just for RG!!), as well as fish and chips, club sandwiches, and this year we have added BBQ pulled pork or chicken served with cowboy beans and homemade coleslaw. (Let the jokes begin about the cowboy beans...we can take it!). The Pier offers over 42 menu items so we hope something will catch your eye! Even if you aren't hungry we look forward to you stopping by and visiting us! Let the fun begin!

Rusty
05-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Were you thinking Blazing Saddles like I was?:laugh:

Yup!!!

If you don't laugh at this video then you don't have a funny bone in your body.:laugh:

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=80594345" wmode="transparent" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

Argie's Wife
05-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Two thumbs up from the Argelets... they LOVED that video clip - great humor for two boys, 6 and 9 years old... :D

SIKSUKR
05-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Two thumbs up from the Argelets... they LOVED that video clip - great humor for two boys, 6 and 9 years old... :D

And one that is 53.:laugh:

VitaBene
05-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Kevin and Laura are awesome- can't wait to hit the pier!

Meredith lady
05-24-2011, 07:32 AM
cannot wait to see you Vitabene...bring on the summer!

NHBUOY
05-26-2011, 08:56 PM
...Hey M-Lady...Is the all-you-can-eat Clam extravaganza at your Moultonborough location ONLY, or, at the Weirs Pier as well..?..inquiring clam-piglets need to know...:cheers:...Happy fryday...:laugh:...

NHBUOY
06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
...ttt...same Q.?.lol...

VitaBene
06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I think that is only at the main restaurant as there is no seating at the pier.

NHBUOY
06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
...that's what I thought...thanx VB...:D...

suem1011
06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
...Hey M-Lady...Is the all-you-can-eat Clam extravaganza at your Moultonborough location ONLY, or, at the Weirs Pier as well..?..inquiring clam-piglets need to know...:cheers:...Happy fryday...:laugh:...

Yes, his all you can eat Fried Clams are at the Moultonboro location only!! They are delicious!

phoenix
06-01-2011, 04:32 PM
expect to get there this friday for season opener clams :)

NHBUOY
06-02-2011, 10:05 AM
...me too...:D...