PDA

View Full Version : Pizzaria Venti in Meredith

donnamatrix
06-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Poor to mediocre. Overpriced. Caesar salad isn't even made with Romaine lettuce and the dressing is basically oil/vinegar... no anchovy, no egg, no cheese, no lemon. The chicken Caesar had ... count 'em ... 4 tiny pieces of chicken.The penne al pomodoro had sauce literally from a can. I know pomodoro sauce is basically an unadorned tomato sauce, but really. The gelato is quite good.

The pizza, if you go for lunch, is already made and reheated for you.

The Pizza Factory and Guisseppe's are sooo much better. I give this franchise about 90 days.

wifi
06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the review, thanks for the avatar, I love my Siamese too :)

The Pizza Factory is appropriately named; Giuseppe's has an atmosphere issue (to me), Louie's is still my favorite in Meredith, but each to their own

Jmo77011
06-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Louis is the best in Meredith, just excellent!

We tried White Mountain Pizza in New Hampton last week (it's in the plaza across from the Post Office) and it was really good! Pepperoni and mushrooms, yum!

Fishy Cover
06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
We tried it tonite for the first and probably last time. Bready Pizza with bland sauce, high prices, music unbearably loud. No reason to go again.

Happy Gourmand
06-16-2010, 07:36 AM
JMO. you forgot the onions. :laugh::laugh:
I agree...Louis is the best I've had in the area. So much pepperoni you can hardly see the cheese, but you can sure taste it! Excellent!

Shore Driver
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the review. I'll pass on this one - Guiseppe's works just fine for my family. I do want to try Heat though.

Overlake97
06-17-2010, 09:00 AM
I also tried Venti the other day. Had a slice of sausage pizza, which was decent, but not exceptional. I liked the sausage itself, and the way the cheese melded into the crust, but I was surprised by the crust itself. Tasted like a Bisquick pizza crust. They also have soups (which sound promising), salads, and pasta, which I'm willing to go back and try, but my first experience was a far cry from what I'd been anticipating in light of the reviews that can be found on their corporate website ("Voted best pizza in such and such country!" Etc....). What they do have going for them is the wide variety in slice offerings. Sure, they have to reheat each slice, but that's the tradeoff you get for variety.

jetskier
06-27-2010, 02:28 PM
We decided to give it a try last night. Overall, I would give it a C-/D+:

The calzone had been sitting around and the crust was a bit on the stale side.
The pizza was a very bready to the point of being a bit soggy. We bought a pie and not the slices.
The gelato and tiramisu were good and fairly reasonably priced.
The overall cost of the meal was high especially for counter order and sit service.

Jetskier:cool:

angela4design
06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
My BF stopped in today. I had already had dinner, so he just ran in to grab a couple slices.

It took about ten minutes (and he said he was the only person being served at 7:30-ish)
It cost 9 "bucks" (I don't care for it that their menu is listed in "bucks". They're dollars, hard earned DOLLARS. not a fan of that gimmick.)
It was awful! Jetskier's C-/D+ is about right. They were rectangular shaped slices, not crispy on the bottom and looked like frozen Elio's pizza, maybe with some extra cheese! I did try some so I could weigh in honestly. Not impressed.

I felt that I could doctor up some frozen food aisle pizza for far less than 9 "bucks" for two slices!

We won't return. It would have been hard to pull us away from Louie's Anyway! ;)

jogator1
06-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, I shared the same experience as those who already posted. I went with my wife, 9 y.o. son and his friend. The kids didn't even finish their slice. We thought the pizza was very "doughy/bready" with bland sauce. The prices were also expensive. I tried the garlic roll stuffed with a meatball and would give it a good review, much better than the pizza. I will definitely try again as I would like them to succeed. Our favorite pizza in the area is still the Tamarack Out Back.

Pam
06-28-2010, 09:52 AM
I hope that maybe the new managers will see these reviews and make some changes, since this is such a nice location and I'd like to see a good restaurant there. Unfortunately, the pizza I had reminded me of the bad "NH pizza" of yesteryear. Since this company appears to be fairly successful based on its many locations, they must have a better recipe somewhere. In the meantime, the Pizza Factory and Giuseppes do not have to fear the new competition, in my view.

no-engine
06-28-2010, 10:18 AM
From the websites, I infer that it's a franchise operation.

Shore Driver
07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Lots of love for Louie's here. I don't get it??? Had Louie's for the first time this past weekend. Reminded me of what we would call here in CT "bad Greek pizza". Too much cheese, bland sauce, sopped crust and the pepperoni and bacon were undercooked. A big heavy piece of slop. Gross!

Scott
07-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I can't believe my eyes just read "Too much cheese" when talking about pizza.

What is this world coming to?

First the oil spill disaster, now this.

LisaV
07-08-2010, 07:49 AM
As a family of 5, we are always looking for a good place to eat on the lake that is fast and good. We always had great pizza at the Pizza Factory in Meredith until we revisited this past week and was very disappointed in the food. Hopefully the dough used was maybe a bad batch, but we will try again hoping it will be the delicious pizza that we were used to getting.

Any feedback on "kitchen cravings" for breakfast?????

angela4design
07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
For nice brick-oven style pizza, I really enjoyed Heat (across from Funspot). I'm not sure why they aren't busier, but I had a Dollar Saver certificate for 50% off, and so we tried it. It was great!

I think pizza comes in so many varieties, greek, thin crust, brick oven, deep dish... it's all personal preference. (or just what you're 'in the mood' for!)

Old Hubbard Rd
07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Well I had read all the comments here and I should have known better but my guests said the storefront looked so pretty that we needed to try it. Well the comments were not good. Real mushy doughy and tasteless. Good Luck to them but this gang will not be returning.